It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
We're happy to announce a new patch for The Bard's Tale Trilogy is now available on GoG Galaxy!
This is a primarily a bug-fix release, though there are also some gameplay changes. Please see the notes below for details.
Additionally, we've added some support for overriding the selected language.

More Details here:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/843260/partnerevents/view/1593635108391686767

LANGUAGE SELECTION
There is now an option to override the selected language (the one set by the "Language" tab on the properties of the game in your Steam library).
If you launch the game with the "-lang=" commandline (without quotes) you can select English, French, German, Spanish, Polish or Russian language by adding the 2 letter code, ie
-lang=en
-lang=fr
-lang=de
-lang=es
-lang=pl
-lang=ru

Additionally - once this new build has been run for the first time, there will be a new file called "lang.txt" created on your PC, in the "%appdata%/../locallow/InXile Entertainment/The Bard's Tale Trilogy" folder on your PC.
If you edit this file, you will be able to then override which language the game is displayed in; following the directions found within the file.
Post edited September 19, 2019 by kromeuploads
Great! I can finally give the new version another try.
Thanks a lot for fixing this.

Edit: I successfully tested both methods: either

- setting a command line argument in GOG Galaxy settings

or

- directly editing the lang.txt file
Post edited September 19, 2019 by K.S.S
kromeuploads: We're happy to announce a new patch for The Bard's Tale Trilogy is now available on GoG Galaxy!
This is a primarily a bug-fix release, though there are also some gameplay changes. Please see the notes below for details.

More Details here:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/843260/partnerevents/view/1593635108391686767

LANGUAGE SELECTION
There is now an option to override the selected language (the one set by the "Language" tab on the properties of the game in your Steam library).
If you launch the game with the "-lang=" commandline (without quotes) you can select English, French, German, Spanish, Polish or Russian language by adding the 2 letter code, ie
-lang=en
-lang=fr
-lang=de
-lang=es
-lang=pl
-lang=ru

Additionally - once this new build has been run for the first time, there will be a new file called "lang.txt" created on your PC, in the "%appdata%/../locallow/InXile Entertainment/The Bard's Tale Trilogy" folder on your PC.
If you edit this file, you will be able to then override which language the game is displayed in; following the directions found within the file.
Thank you! You made may day/week/month/year (do not know how long will it take for me to end this trilogy but I will enjoy every minute of it)!
kromeuploads: We're happy to announce a new patch for The Bard's Tale Trilogy is now available on GoG Galaxy!
As someone who sent a request to Inxile's support I can say:
Thank you Krome Studios and Inxile for hearing us!
Thanks !