* The special stairway up from sewers 4 is not recorded in the journal map at all. This is super weird since the normal stairways are. (fixed in 1.0.7)
* When you do not have secret door detection enabled, in darkness, the automap will neglect to add a door that the party travels through. In combination with the lack of move vs kick, this is quite unfortunate.
* Update: This problem extends to normal doors too. You can travel through normal doors and have nothing put on the map at all, not any sort of wall or door! This is while the game is making a door sound, so the characters and the player are aware of the door, but the map is not. Very weird.
* The equip limit is wonky because the original game had no equip limit (though it did have an inventory limit). But more to the point it is simply not visually clear what the limit s in the current UI at all.
* Sphynx, the pet dragon of Bashor Kalivor (sp?) changes color when the combat starts.
* There are hints in the Harkyn's Castle area that are most appropriate for first level parties. Parties who will have no hope of safely reaching these hints.
* New in 1.0.7. Some fixed encounters that did not show up as special in the original game show up as special here. Same with "smoke gets in your eyes". Neither is considered special. Special varied a bit by specific game and platform, but these weren't on any. Generally teleports, custom code, and some special squares, i think regeneration of both hp & sp.
* The journal infers locations of traps that it should not. A spell like Sorceror Sight only tells you that there is at least one trap in the next 30'. It does not tell you which specific squares have the trap.
* Even if you wanted to defend this incorrect behavior of second sight for traps, it does not behave this way for 'special' locations. It should do one or the other.
* Lesser and Greater Revelation are implemented incorrectly. LERE should provide vision at up to 3 squares forward or 30', while GRRE should provide 4 squares.
* Stasis chamber in Catacombs 2 does not do anything at all. In some ports, it essentially locked up the game, which I think is too cruel. In others you could kill yourself in wondering monster battles, which may still be too mean for the spirit of this remaster. However, this implementation of doing nothing at all is just broken. There were some ports where you needed APAR or PHDO or similar to get out, which is reasonable. If you're not going to keep any effect of the chamber, you shouldn't have the hints and messages talking about it when it does nothing.
* Sometimes, hovering over the Apport Arcane button in the journal causes the spell tooltip to spastically flicker on and off. This doesn't prevent the Apport Arcane action from working, but it sure is annoying.
Post edited August 23, 2018 by jsjrodman