It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So it seems that the bugs that plague this game still need to be ironed out, or at least squashed for good.

When I bought this game a week ago at the 10% discount of $30.59, I was thrilled at the fact that I would have the opportunity of being able to play a third addition to my long time favorite Puzzle/Action/FMV horror game in the long standing series of The 7th Guest and the 11th Hour (of which I have both physical discs of as well as the updated digital versions).

However, much to my dismay, I have not been able to progress any further past the point of having completed the Puzzle in the Crypts. As soon as I move towards the exit passed the staircase that you can't go up on, what looks like a sealed door at the far left corner of the room opens up, and spikes come forward at you.
You are then magically transported back to the main interior entrance of the Mansion facing the staircase that leads up to the upper floor.
This is the point of where my screen just freezes, I'm unable to move around, and my cursor just vanishes.
I literally have to force close the game by pressing both ALT + F4 to get back to Windows Desktop.

I thought about the possibility of it maybe being an outdated GPU driver issue, but then none of the other games that I play have such an issue. Just with the 13th Doll.
Also, I'm on Windows 7, and this game does support the OS. I already am aware that the 1.0.2 patch version was supposed to fix and address those issues, especially when the game was first released with version 1.0.1 and it would just crash to the Windows Desktop after the short Intro Video had finished playing.

So I had decided to email the Devs from Attic Door Productions, sent them my log files, which by the way I checked myself, and no noticeable errors come up, and no crash dumps were created because my game didn't crash with the current 1.0.6 patch, it just froze at a certain area within the game.

Hopefully the Devs will update with a 1.0.7 Patch version that prevents unexpected bugs and actually does something to have better support with Windows 7. I would at least like to be able to play this game in it's entirety from start to finish with both player perspectives from Tad's story and the Doctor's without worrying that I spent more money than I had to on a game made with Unity that's broken and severely bugged.

Also, if anyone has any similar issues, or any issues what-so-ever related to freezing, crashing, or completing any of the games puzzles, direct them straight to the Developers at: the13thdoll@gmail.com
We are after all the Gamers and Consumers that paid for this game, so the least we can get in return is a fully functional game that we can play from start to finish.
Instead of going through that door in the crypt, have you tried navigating out of the crypt using the map? That's how I navigated out of that room during my playthrough, mostly because I didn't find the door. I don't know if it will make any difference, but might be worth a shot
shendrix1980: Instead of going through that door in the crypt, have you tried navigating out of the crypt using the map? That's how I navigated out of that room during my playthrough, mostly because I didn't find the door. I don't know if it will make any difference, but might be worth a shot
@ shendrix1980, the door that I was talking about going through is actually not a door at all. I later found out that the Coffin like entombment with the protruding spikes is actually called the Iron Maiden. The lead developer for the game who I contacted directly via email is Ryan Holtkamp who confirmed it and told me himself that it was the way to get out of the Crypt when I got in touch with him to let him know about the issue I was having with patch 1.0.6 and that particular area of the game.

You can't go up the spiral staircase from the Crypts, and there is no other way out but to go through the Iron Maiden where you are brought back to the Main Foyer in front of the staircase that leads to the upper floor of the Mansion.

Even a YouTube Video Walkthrough and how to solve the Crypt puzzle shows this as well.

However, I have resolved the issue I was having on my own using the The13thDoll Configuration and game launcher, and making an adjustment to the Graphics quality settings there, and then launching the game and continuing at the area where my game had froze. After making the Graphics quality adjustment I was able to move forward from the unstuck state I had been in before, and I could see the skeletal hand pointer on screen again.

You can view how I resolved my own issue here from these image links:
https://ibb.co/42pgvR6
https://ibb.co/BzRskSK

I couldn't directly attach the images to my reply post because GOG doesn't allow images higher than 500 KB, and I took two screenshots.

Anyways, I hope that this will be useful to anyone who has experienced a similar issue to my own.
Hey, if you could please send an email to contact@the13thdoll.com about this we'll take a further look! Please ensure all of your computer drivers and such are up to date (as expected). If that doesn't resolve the issue, please send an email to the team along with the log files listed below and we'll be happy to take a look.

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\LocalLow\Attic Door Productions\The13thDoll
ChrisDash83: Hey, if you could please send an email to contact@the13thdoll.com about this we'll take a further look! Please ensure all of your computer drivers and such are up to date (as expected). If that doesn't resolve the issue, please send an email to the team along with the log files listed below and we'll be happy to take a look.

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\LocalLow\Attic Door Productions\The13thDoll
Hey ChrisDash83, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that you are part of the development team over at Attic Door Productions? Am I correct in my assumption?

Forgive me for sounding abrupt here, but I ask you to understand something, first of all, I have no issue with forwarding my email which I have already sent off to: the13thdoll@gmail.com
to let the lead developer Ryan Holtkamp know that I had resolved my own issue of a frozen state within the game that happens right after exiting the Crypts and being sent back to the Main Foyer of the Mansion. In that email that I had sent, I had also included two screenshots that I took to show how I resolved the issue and fixed it myself.

This whole back and forth between Attic Door Productions, and GOG Support hasn't really given me anything back in return, other than frustration. Paying Customers should not have to be tasked with having to resolve their own game related issues just to get a game functioning again, when that should have been priority number one before the game was pushed out the door for release on October 31st, 2019.

Furthermore, if you can understand as well, I do not like having to repeat myself upon things and suggestions that I have already tried and done in my own troubleshooting, and I made it very clear enough to both Attic Door Productions and the GOG Support Team about what I have already done, and listed that extensively along with my Hardware System Specs, ensuring that my drivers, and all essential updates that a game needs to run off of like DirectX Runtimes, .Net Framework, GPU Drivers, and MS Visual Redistributables from 2015 - 2019 were all up to date.

So why do I still see suggestions being offered up to me on things that I have said that I have already done, and why are those things being taken out of context and being repeated back to me?!

I'm beginning to think here, that there seems to be a fault in communication with what I'm relaying to both Attic Door Productions and the GOG Support Team, in that no one has the time, nor the patience to properly read and understand what is being said at the time of when it gets said. How on Earth do I get it across to both parties, that my issue which is in the past now, has been resolved, and I'm the one who resolved it!!

Like I said earlier ChrisDash83, I don't have an issue with forwarding you the email I had sent to Ryan Holtkamp, or wherever it went or circulated around your team of developers over at Attic Door Productions, but what I want to ask you specifically is how is that going to help me help you, when I already mentioned that I resolved the issue myself.

So even if Ryan had bothered to take a look at the logs from the game that I had sent him, why in the world would you be asking for it again? I don't think that you'll find anything in there, that I myself haven't already addressed to Ryan when I looked through the logs myself!
Of course the only thing that you might find there within the logs if I send them out to you ChrisDash83, is a change in the NVIDIA driver version number for my GPU, since it wasn't that long ago that I updated the drivers for it.

And aside from the two screenshots that I aforementioned, showing how I went about resolving my own issue to a working and functional state, I don't see how you could offer me any further support at this level beyond repeating yourself on what has already been said and done.
Whenever I click on a chattering teeth icon the game freezes and I force quit to restart. This started after the window puzzle. Avoiding certain items gets to the kitchen phone puzzle but when I leave it takes me to the front of house looking at the stairs and I don’t have a cursor anymore. I have to force quit again and can’t continue. I’m using Windows 10 and I feel that there are many bugs that the update didn’t address. Anyone else having trouble? Any easy fixes? I doubt I’ll be able to finish the game.
Post edited November 11, 2019 by khg193
tekmarvl: Hey ChrisDash83, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say that you are part of the development team over at Attic Door Productions? Am I correct in my assumption?

Forgive me for sounding abrupt here, but I ask you to understand something, first of all, I have no issue with forwarding my email which I have already sent off to: the13thdoll@gmail.com
to let the lead developer Ryan Holtkamp know that I had resolved my own issue of a frozen state within the game that happens right after exiting the Crypts and being sent back to the Main Foyer of the Mansion. In that email that I had sent, I had also included two screenshots that I took to show how I resolved the issue and fixed it myself.

This whole back and forth between Attic Door Productions, and GOG Support hasn't really given me anything back in return, other than frustration. Paying Customers should not have to be tasked with having to resolve their own game related issues just to get a game functioning again, when that should have been priority number one before the game was pushed out the door for release on October 31st, 2019.

Furthermore, if you can understand as well, I do not like having to repeat myself upon things and suggestions that I have already tried and done in my own troubleshooting, and I made it very clear enough to both Attic Door Productions and the GOG Support Team about what I have already done, and listed that extensively along with my Hardware System Specs, ensuring that my drivers, and all essential updates that a game needs to run off of like DirectX Runtimes, .Net Framework, GPU Drivers, and MS Visual Redistributables from 2015 - 2019 were all up to date.

So why do I still see suggestions being offered up to me on things that I have said that I have already done, and why are those things being taken out of context and being repeated back to me?!

I'm beginning to think here, that there seems to be a fault in communication with what I'm relaying to both Attic Door Productions and the GOG Support Team, in that no one has the time, nor the patience to properly read and understand what is being said at the time of when it gets said. How on Earth do I get it across to both parties, that my issue which is in the past now, has been resolved, and I'm the one who resolved it!!

Like I said earlier ChrisDash83, I don't have an issue with forwarding you the email I had sent to Ryan Holtkamp, or wherever it went or circulated around your team of developers over at Attic Door Productions, but what I want to ask you specifically is how is that going to help me help you, when I already mentioned that I resolved the issue myself.

So even if Ryan had bothered to take a look at the logs from the game that I had sent him, why in the world would you be asking for it again? I don't think that you'll find anything in there, that I myself haven't already addressed to Ryan when I looked through the logs myself!
Of course the only thing that you might find there within the logs if I send them out to you ChrisDash83, is a change in the NVIDIA driver version number for my GPU, since it wasn't that long ago that I updated the drivers for it.

And aside from the two screenshots that I aforementioned, showing how I went about resolving my own issue to a working and functional state, I don't see how you could offer me any further support at this level beyond repeating yourself on what has already been said and done.
We released patch 1.1.1 earlier this weekend. That should correct the black screen issue remaining Windows 7 users are having.

In terms of troubleshooting the game, I do apologize for the back and forth that took place on this. It wasn't ideal. Yes, we did have users try a variety of things to fix the issue. This is because it took us a long time to find the right conditions to reproduce the issue on a test machine. Everything we tried on our end seemed to correct the issue but wasn't fixing it for end users. Keep in mind that we are a VERY small team and that some issues are easier to find and fix than others.

Once we were able to reproduce the conditions of the issue itself, it took several days of trying things before we determined a workable fix. This was only impacting a small subset of Windows 7 users apart from the larger issue we corrected the evening of October 31st.

In terms of the additional freezing issues you've had, we're hoping that the video fix in 1.1.1 assists with that. If not, we will continue to work on that issue until it is resolved.

Lastly, we did whatever testing we could prior to October 31st. Testing does not find and resolve all issues so yes, in the end players do end up bearing the burden of trying different things to fix issues that come up while we work with them on a resolution.
khg193: Whenever I click on a chattering teeth icon the game freezes and I force quit to restart. This started after the window puzzle. Avoiding certain items gets to the kitchen phone puzzle but when I leave it takes me to the front of house looking at the stairs and I don’t have a cursor anymore. I have to force quit again and can’t continue. I’m using Windows 10 and I feel that there are many bugs that the update didn’t address. Anyone else having trouble? Any easy fixes? I doubt I’ll be able to finish the game.
We just released another update on Friday. Please check and see if this resolved the issue.
Post edited November 17, 2019 by ChrisDash83