It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does anyone know when GOG will get the same version of Terraria as Steam? Waited all this time for 1.3 and now I can't even play a local server game. And I can't downgrade my Steam Terraria version.

UPDATE: Looks like GOG got the same 1.3.0.2 update as Steam within 24 hours. Not bad. But within 30 mins would have been better. Still, at least it wasn't weeks after. I just hope that going forward they don't go out of sync for long periods of time.

UPDATE 2: Day 2 of Terraria 1.3.x and Steam at 1.3.0.3 is again ahead of GOG which is still on 1.3.0.2. Can I get through this holiday weekend with both on the same version please?

UPDATE 3: Dey 3 and I see GOG and Steam are both 1.3.0.3 now. So hopefully we can all get through the weekend without another update.

UPDATE 4: Come on. Now 1.3.0.5 is on Steam and has updated my Terraria. And it's not on GOG yet. And even worse, now Avast thinks the Terraria 1.3.0.4 exe file is a virus and deleted it. This is the first time Avast has thought Terraria or any game of mine, is a virus.
Post edited July 13, 2015 by srlyman
*sigh*

This isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened.
Post edited July 01, 2015 by Chauncellor
Steam had two Terraria updates today, one in the last hour or so, so hopefully GOG will see a second update soon. I'm in the same boat. Have it on Steam, want to play it w/ someone that has it on GOG.
So who's to blame for this terrible timing? Gog's approval team or the devs/publishers? Again, this seems to be a recurring trend, and for a game primarily played online this is pretty shitty.
I want 1.3.0.2 too. I was going to play with a friend that has Steam Terraria, and I couldn't.
It's probably something with GOG. I don't think Re-Logic has anything to do with this.
The delay may be down to a combination of GOG's QA testing and the hotfixes being pushed out by the dev's late in the day. Have patience. :)
I'd like to know what's going on too. How long will I have to wait, or do I just have to buy the steam version to play with my friends?
What's wrong with you? 1.3.0.2 hit Steam half a day ago and you're already shitting your pants as if GOG is delaying the update for two months. I'm sure the update will be available today.
It's possible that GOG will be waiting to see whether 1.3.0.2 fixes the stability and performance issues or not.

From looking through the steam and official terraria forums it looks like there's still issues (fps drops and random crashes, odd bugs here and there).

It is a pity that the latest patch borks multiplayer for anyone using a previous version though (which is a known issue and noted in the latest patch changelog).
Arthandas: What's wrong with you? 1.3.0.2 hit Steam half a day ago and you're already shitting your pants as if GOG is delaying the update for two months. I'm sure the update will be available today.
If Gog wants to compete with the big boys, it's gotta keep up with the big boys. Gog is consistently behind on versions and ports. I cannot claim to know where the problem lies but it's rather certain that they do a poor job keeping up.
Chauncellor: Gog is consistently behind on versions and ports. I cannot claim to know where the problem lies but it's rather certain that they do a poor job keeping up.
If you are a developer on Steam, you can update your files yourself and therefore release patches pretty much whenever you want. I assume on GOG there is some sort of manual process, because (offline) installers have to be created/updated, which can only be done by GOG staff. GOG Galaxy may be different and eventually become similar to Steam, however since the Client is still in Beta, I guess they (GOG) are not there yet. :)
Looks like 1.3.0.2 is now on GOG :)
BillyMaysFan59: Looks like 1.3.0.2 is now on GOG :)
Yes, and now the Steam version is up to 1.3.0.3. It's a bit disheartening to constantly be out of the loop with Steam friends so I just got gifted the Steam version and have been using it more than the GOG one, because of the late updates. But then again they do have to constanly manually download the dedicated servers.
srlyman: Does anyone know when GOG will get the same version of Terraria as Steam? Waited all this time for 1.3 and now I can't even play a local server game. And I can't downgrade my Steam Terraria version.

UPDATE: Looks like GOG got the same 1.3.0.2 update as Steam within 24 hours. Not bad. But within 30 mins would have been better. Still, at least it wasn't weeks after. I just hope that going forward they don't go out of sync for long periods of time.

UPDATE 2: Day 2 of Terraria 1.3.x and Steam at 1.3.0.3 is again ahead of GOG which is still on 1.3.0.2. Can I get through this holiday weekend with both on the same version please?
All fixed :)
srlyman: Does anyone know when GOG will get the same version of Terraria as Steam? Waited all this time for 1.3 and now I can't even play a local server game. And I can't downgrade my Steam Terraria version.

JudasIscariot: All fixed :)
Hey sorry for going off topic but this thread of mine is broken:

http://www.gog.com/forum/terraria/post_screenshots_of_your_creations_here

Only the first page shows, and the post count on the topic list is wrong too. Other users have reported similar issues. Can you, by any chance, tell this stuff to the web dev team and see if they can work on it? Thanks. :P