It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For anyone interested in running TOEE in at 1920x1080:

I experimented, and got it to work, meaning my characters didn't disappear/turn invisible (except for blue selection circles.) My goal was to capture 1920 x 1080 screenshots and chronicle my party's journey. I had already done this once ( a lot of work btw! ) in a previous game, screenshots being captured in 1280 x 720. Then I wondered if I could get an entire game in full HD. My setup is : Windows 8.1, Intel HD Graphics, playing the GOG version, my monitor's highest resolution is 1920 x 1080.

This solution is not 100% set in stone, meaning that hopefully it will work for somebody trying it, because 1920x1080 in general is not supported by the Co8 modpack, but is as follows--

* 1) You have to use/install the Co8 modpack for higher resolutions, although the highest supported is 1680x1050

* 2) Start the game once ( I believe it creates certain folders (?) Then exit out of game.

* 3) In game directory open the .cfg file (in Wordpad) and modify the video_height=1080
video_width=1920

"C:\GOG Games\Temple of Elemental Evil\toee.cfg"

* 4) Open MapList MES file in wordpad, modify EACH map area until they are all UNFOGGED- this allowed my
characters/party to BE SEEN in maps other than Hommlet- the game is unplayable if they are invisible.

For example:

{5002}{MOATHOUSE_01_Exterior, 481, 552, Flag: DAYNIGHT_XFER, Flag: OUTDOOR}

modify (copy, paste, paste, paste etc.. ) --to-

{5002}{MOATHOUSE_01_Exterior, 481, 552, Flag: DAYNIGHT_XFER, Flag: OUTDOOR, Flag: UNFOGGED}

"C:\GOG Games\Temple of Elemental Evil\modules\ToEE\rules\MapList.mes"

* 5) Start game up, and hopefully this solution will work, with an emphasis on hopefully, because even with a
goodly amount of troubleshooting I wasn't 100% sure. I am posting this anyway, because it DID work on my
computer, and getting some high res screens of this beautiful game was worth the experimentation time.
Great post. Thanks for sharing. I just might try this out the next time I play the game.
You can also play with Temple+ which just supports 1920×1080 ;)

The issue was indeed the fog of war, ToEE had a preallocated buffer which gets overflowed with high res since the devs did not allocate enough space for more than a certain amount.

Also IIRC you can run the game with a -nofog command line switch.

https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/DllDocumentation/wiki/Command-Line-Arguments
Cattletech: You can also play with Temple+ which just supports 1920×1080 ;)

The issue was indeed the fog of war, ToEE had a preallocated buffer which gets overflowed with high res since the devs did not allocate enough space for more than a certain amount.

Also IIRC you can run the game with a -nofog command line switch.

https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/DllDocumentation/wiki/Command-Line-Arguments
Nice! Didn't even know Temple+ existed - thanks for the clarification about the Fog issue ;)
Post edited June 23, 2017 by danimator6466
danimator6466: Nice! Didn't even know Temple+ existed - thanks for the clarification about the Fog issue ;)
Do try Temple+ if you get the chance. Very well done mod. I just finished a run through ToEE with theCo8 and Temple+ mods.

Temple+ was actually the only way I could get the game to run on my system: Win10 64 bit, 1920x1200 monitor, GTX1070
I was able to run the game in 3440 x 1440; however in the fire node, you could suddenly drop a couple of hundred or more FPS in rare situations by following - more or less - the same steps of the OP:

- Open the ToEE Front End

- Open the ToEE Config File (while the Front End is still open)

- Change the resolution to 3440 x 1440

- Hit Play from the Front End

- Hit the windows key to drop to desktop if your mouse is not working

- Do not change the in game resolution

Please Note: The attachment example was reduced from 3440 x 1440 to 3433 x 670 in order to meet the 500 kb threshold of 500 KBs.
Attachments:
Is there a way to increase the size of the UI and fonts..

4K is working, but the fonts and UI elements are super small.
Hello I started the game once & Im not finding "C:\GOG Games\Temple of Elemental Evil\modules\ToEE\rules\MapList.mes"