It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So, I installed GOG- NWN Diamond, applied this page's advice, after installing Co8.(won't let me post Co8 URL paste this after ".org"--->) /community/index.php?threads/toee-for-widescreen-monitors.5629/

I did not install 'Standard', just 'NC".

I waited until Co8 stated each operation complete before doing anything.

Every time the game boots, it runs perfect until the loading bar
at the bottom of the splash screen prior to the menu screen
begins; then I lose my mouse, as I'm told the game has stopped
running until I ctrl-alt-delete out and kill the 1/2 Toee files that
show in Task Mgr labeled 'running'; the other doesn't respond
to 'end task' button or right-click and is labeled not running, but
dies when I kill the other.

Any thoughts?
PeteyEssde: So, I installed GOG- NWN Diamond, applied this page's advice, after installing Co8.(won't let me post Co8 URL paste this after ".org"--->) /community/index.php?threads/toee-for-widescreen-monitors.5629/

Any thoughts?
What did you intent to say with Neverwinter Night (NWN) Diamond? And could you give more details like the resolution which you are trying to use and the one of your monitor? Maybe this will help the community help you.

Edit: Try to give a look at this topic, maybe it will help: https://www.gog.com/forum/temple_of_elemental_evil/running_toee_with_full_hd_1920x1080_resolution
Post edited July 02, 2017 by DeadFishEye
PeteyEssde: So, I installed GOG- NWN Diamond, applied this page's advice, after installing Co8.(won't let me post Co8 URL paste this after ".org"--->) /community/index.php?threads/toee-for-widescreen-monitors.5629/

Any thoughts?
Yeah, I assume you mean ToEE and not NWN Diamond. That aside, what operating system are you using? If Windows 10, the only way I could get it to work was by installing the Temple+ mod on top of the Co8.
Am I missing something or is the moddb site wonky? I cannot log in - I cannot re-register - and I cannot find alternate c08 download mirror sites.

I am installing the game after a very long time and alas I do not have the mods and patches.

EDIT: Moddb login server is down :) WOW I chose the day to retry the game :D
Post edited October 26, 2017 by netlich
Does this pack still require java to run? JRE is kinda obsolete nowadays and i would rather not install it anymore.
Currently i have no java installed and i want to keep it that way.
I have downloaded the circle of eight standard pack from moddb (without registering)
Can Co8 be made to work with GOG Galaxy?
candesco: Does this pack still require java to run? JRE is kinda obsolete nowadays and i would rather not install it anymore.
Currently i have no java installed and i want to keep it that way.
I have downloaded the circle of eight standard pack from moddb (without registering)
Yes and no, they still think the single-use Java App that requires people to install Java is the way to go (packaging their own JRE to run the single use executable without requiring Java installed is clearly beyond their level of user friendliness).

You can install the mod, choose not to run their Java app, open the circle of pretentious nerds mod pack.tfm file in 7zip and drag and drop the files to their proper places.
The guy who built the frontend app is long gone. Feel free to submit a superior solution.
low rated
Feel free to learn any of the number of free executable setups and do your own work, chief.
You misrepresent facts and do so very rudely too. Behave yourself.
Hey there! So I want to try The Temple of Elemental Evil and I downloaded the Co8 mod but I really don't want to install Java. I tried to circumvent Java by extracting the tmd files as mentioned here and replaced/added them to the relevant spots, but how would I know that worked? There's nothing on the main menu showing Co8 is installed. I did also install Temple Plus and that mentions Co8 on the configure page, so can I use that as proof Co8 is installed and ready to go? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
The splash screen is supposwd to look like this

https://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/14/13683/thumb_620x2000/co8_v8.jpg
Ok, I think I figured it out, I now have the same splash screen as the image you posted. Thanks for the help Cattletech!
Post edited January 04, 2019 by amlabella
Is there any fix for the permanent spell bug (apart from the die and be raised, which won't work as I am too low level and stuck in the Moat House). All my melee characters are permanently entangled, which makes fights rather difficult.
candesco: JRE is kinda obsolete nowadays and i would rather not install it anymore.
Sorry for this out of topic, but this comment was out of topic on start.

I wouldn't want a node install, no matter how it's a lot more tricky and unstable because of the weird idea to have automatic dynamic dependencies.Also the problem of node or many packages is to bother a lot with the OS which adds a lot of trouble.

And for Python with all the hassle from communities refusing upgrade to v3 it's not better and hardly ever use as installer.