It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nevermind All Set!
Post edited June 29, 2014 by Ixamyakxim
So I'm getting around to installing this and I think I'm unable to run the Co8 download because my .NET framework isn't 2.0 or better - paranoid question - why does this update need a different version of .NET framework? I already updated my Java for it (I feel like one point in the past I had run 1.7 and found it sluggish, so I had been on 1.6 for a while - ironically, it was Maptool used for D&D that caused me to "downgrade" to 1.6 LOL)

UPDATE: Up and running without altering .NET! Yay!

Last (hopefully!) question though - I installed the 8.01 patch, ran the front end bit and all that - and the "Activated" Co8 mod is still listed as 8.0. I then noticed there was tab at the bottom for... ah, addons I think? And saw 8.01 addon content - so I activated that, looks like everything was loaded in - but the Activated Mod is stll reading 8.0. I'm guessing that's normal and it doesn't show incremental updates? If I successfully installed the 8.01 patch, then activated the tab with 8.01 content is that all I need to do to fully upgrade to 8.01? Thanks!
Post edited June 29, 2014 by Ixamyakxim
Ixamyakxim: Last (hopefully!) question though - I installed the 8.01 patch, ran the front end bit and all that - and the "Activated" Co8 mod is still listed as 8.0. I then noticed there was tab at the bottom for... ah, addons I think? And saw 8.01 addon content - so I activated that, looks like everything was loaded in - but the Activated Mod is stll reading 8.0. I'm guessing that's normal and it doesn't show incremental updates? If I successfully installed the 8.01 patch, then activated the tab with 8.01 content is that all I need to do to fully upgrade to 8.01? Thanks!
Yes, even when 8.01 is installed and activated, the list still shows it as 8.00
Post edited June 29, 2014 by Dreamteam67
Dreamteam67: Yes, even when 8.01 is installed and activated, the list still shows it as 8.00
Excellent and good to know - I think I'm good to go! Time to start rolling my party... whether or not I kick off my adventure yet is to be seen but it's nice to know I have this thing up and running properly.
This mod seems interesting, does anyone know whether it works with the GOG Mac version of the game? If so, how does one go about setting it up? If not, are there still any game breaking bugs in the GOG version that I should be aware of?
Check out this thread and this one. Gydion still posts in this forum occasionally, so you might address any questions directly to him.
Post edited July 13, 2014 by Dreamteam67
I just installed the mod, but am now unable to create a character due to coloured lines appearing across the screen. They seem to originate from the top left hand corner. Is there any way to fix this?!
welp. the modpack seems to give me more problems rather than fiixng them. de-activated it for good.
Just a definitive final word on whether or not to install the official patches to the GOG version of the game:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1819 (post #1)

I read this entire thread (the one I'm posting in, not the one I linked to...though I read all four post of that one, too =P ) looking for a definitive answer; seeing as it was stickied, I had hoped it would've been a little more helpful in this regard.

I'll also link to this helpful thread, as it seems to contain info regarding most other questions or issues someone could have, quite a few of which were raised several times in older posts in this thread. There's probably a lot of other useful info in those forums on that site, but this should HOPEFULLY help other people somewhat.

Now, if a GOG staffer happens to find this post, it would be nice if they'd compose an "official" statement containing some of the most relevant info -- or, hell, just these links -- in a new thread in this subforum and "sticky" it so other poor saps who buy this game in the future don't have to scour several different websites looking for accurate info....
Does anyone know if this mod works on the Mac version from GOG.com. I've read the linked threads but I don't see a definite answer one way or another. I'm contemplating buying this game, but I want to make sure I get my money's worth. Thanks in advance.
Matt7542: I've read the linked threads but I don't see a definite answer one way or another.
<i>*cough*</i>
Matt7542: I've read the linked threads but I don't see a definite answer one way or another.
Gydion: <i>*cough*</i>
Completely missed that whole thread the first go around. Figures. Many thanks.
Luckmann: Anyone that know a savegame or character editor that works with the Co8 Mod?
Sorry to necro post this, but...I've got one even better!

This includes the Co8 Toolset go here
Post edited May 02, 2015 by takezodunmer2005
8-q It says the MOD was deleted...
please help! I am new to the game (relatively speaking. I've only had it for a few weeks and played it enough to know it's really messed up).
I am desperately trying to install the modpack but with very little success so far. It downloaded and seemed to install, I had it create a desktop shortcut, but every time I clicked on it it said I needed to be using the front-loader and the official patch two. I read in the beginning of this thread that I didn't need to get that patch for some reason, so I tried again. After trying a few times I finally figured out that I needed to install the front-loader as well. Like I said, until I looked at this thread I didn't even know anything at all about the Circle of Eight modpack.

So I installed the frontloader and did a clean install of the mudpack, and now it still says I need to be using the frontloader and have patch #2. So then I went install Patch #2, and it doesn't recognize that I even have TOEE installed in the first place.

So, at the end of this, I still can't figure out how to install the mudpack. On the other hand, the frontloader has already made my life easier with its basic utilities, but I would still really like to get all those bugfixes. Can anyone help?
Post edited July 17, 2015 by beltj