It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Circle of Eight Modpack 7.4.0 NC is out http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of-eight-modpack/downloads/circle-of-eight-modpack-740-nc
So, just got this in the recent sale.

Install ToEE in my D: Drive, download and install Co8 on top of it, and when it launches I get this:

Error: You must run ToEEFE X from the Temple of Elemental Evil root folder!

If you are running ToEEFE X from the root ToEE folder and are still getting this error, please make sure you have the official Path 2 installed before trying again.

Run the repair exe, and I get this:

ToEE Front-End X is not installed, please install the front-end first.

Have gone through this 3 times now, same two error messages each time. I run Windows XP SP3, so it shouldn't be some admistration BS. I'm gonna try installing it in C: drive next, but if that doesn't work I'm at a complete loss.
Sorry for the double post, but one other thing I forgot to mention. When installing the Co8, this shows up:

(file location)\toee.exe

An error occured while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:
MoveFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

Retry does nothing. Abort leads to the problems I've been having and abort ends up deleting the original exe file, which doesn't help even in installing since this error show up even if the exe is no longer there.

Wit's end here people, please help.

EDIT: Figured it out! Just made a backup of the exe, and put it back into the folder when it was done installing. Now works, and works well.
Post edited September 21, 2012 by Foefaller
Anyone that know a savegame or character editor that works with the Co8 Mod?
co8 madpack 7.5 nc is out available here http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8742
I'm trying to install it but it says I need official patch 2 installed. I thought the gog version was pre patched. Is it only patched to patch 1?

Thanks

Fixed. By reinstalling TOEE directly in C: (not programmes .86x) the modpack installs just fine
Post edited November 11, 2012 by Legless
7.6 released
http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=120130&postcount=51

It is a real shame that TOEE was released in early alpha instead as a finished game. It is the best DnD 3.5 cRPG ever made.
co8 mod makes the game playable, don't play it without the mod.

PS. The modders from co8 should be getting a free copy of the GoG version...
That way they are more likely to develop directly for it rather then the CD version.
Post edited February 19, 2013 by taltamir
Am I the only one not seeing the download link? :(

Edit: Disregard that, it was my browser.
Post edited February 24, 2013 by Senf
Any way to get the mod pack without using the Desura client ? (on the site, it's apparently "install Desura or use a mirror, and there is no mirror for this game"). I'm not keen on getting another program with yet another login acount on my already crappy and overloaded computer (and on my crappy and overloaded brain, too)

Thanks
Post edited March 09, 2013 by Kardwill
Kardwill: Any way to get the mod pack without using the Desura client ? (on the site, it's apparently "install Desura or use a mirror, and there is no mirror for this game"). I'm not keen on getting another program with yet another login acount on my already crappy and overloaded computer (and on my crappy and overloaded brain, too)

Thanks
Just use the big RED Download Now Button rather than the big BLUE Download on Desura Now Button.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of-eight-modpack/downloads/circle-of-eight-modpack-770-nc

Yes, I agree. No extra software if possible. Have fun in Hommlet :)
btw - Up to release 7.7
Post edited March 10, 2013 by Mimo
Kardwill: Any way to get the mod pack without using the Desura client ? (on the site, it's apparently "install Desura or use a mirror, and there is no mirror for this game"). I'm not keen on getting another program with yet another login acount on my already crappy and overloaded computer (and on my crappy and overloaded brain, too)

Thanks
Mimo: Just use the big RED Download Now Button rather than the big BLUE Download on Desura Now Button.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/circle-of-eight-modpack/downloads/circle-of-eight-modpack-770-nc

Yes, I agree. No extra software if possible. Have fun in Hommlet :)
btw - Up to release 7.7
Thanks for the reply! Thing is, the big red button links me to an unavailable mirror. It sends me to a message saying that no mirror is available for this download, and asks me to try again later, or subscribe to the community. And since I tried 12 times in the past 72 hours, I get the impression (probably unfounded) that Desura is the only way.
But since you confirmed that it does work, I should probably keep trying, and hope that I'll get to a mirror at some moment.

Thanks again :)
Kardwill: Thanks for the reply! Thing is, the big red button links me to an unavailable mirror. It sends me to a message saying that no mirror is available for this download, and asks me to try again later, or subscribe to the community. And since I tried 12 times in the past 72 hours, I get the impression (probably unfounded) that Desura is the only way.
But since you confirmed that it does work, I should probably keep trying, and hope that I'll get to a mirror at some moment.

Thanks again :)
Hmm, when I click it I get taken here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/22995408/Circle_of_Eight_Modpack_7.7.0_NC_Setup.exe.

I feel like I'm leading you on a wild goose chase, but it worked for me just now and a few days ago....
I had the same problem. They lie. If you don't register you'll be waiting forever.
void1984: I had the same problem. They lie. If you don't register you'll be waiting forever.
Wrong. The big red button has a hyperlink on the pop up box that takes you to the BIG GOLD Button which is the gamefront.com file link above your comment.

I've verified the link on two separate computers, neither of which is registered in any way shape or form.
When I don't register that red right button only takes me to:
The file you have selected (Circle_of_Eight_Modpack_7.7.0_NC_Setup.exe) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying.
void1984: When I don't register that red right button only takes me to:
The file you have selected (Circle_of_Eight_Modpack_7.7.0_NC_Setup.exe) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying.
Maybe I was lucky, but last night, I had no problem downloading the mod and I've never registered.