It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It seems to be working now indeed as it's not vanishing anymore when I restart Galaxy. That's great! Everyone using Galaxy will be able to enjoy SS2 modded so I'm sure many will be thankful as well!
SS2 Community Patch Beta3 is out. we also have pumpkins.
a new version of NewDark has just been released - GOG/steam tweaked package will be made available here in a couple of days, as usual.
ok, it's ready;

SS2 GOG/steam 2.46

this actually isn't just a simple update to the latest version of the engine - the game has been given a basic overhaul:

-fixed the problem with battery not fully charging items sometimes
-partially fixed the problem with pyro field glow effect never going away after save and load while active (now it does, sound still not fixed though)
-the recycler will no longer recycle equipped implants, preventing issues
-fixed many screwups on doors
-fixed many screwups on lights
-fixed many screwups on eggs
-fixed many upside down or badly rotated objects
-fixed many cases of rogue props on objects
-fixed quite a few cases of script duplication
-fixed a few extreme cases of objects floating off walls and floor
-fixed the almost completely broken Find Delacroix quest (no more wild goose chases to Engineering as long as the player bothers to check the notes)
-fixed a couple of quests that were starting up or completing in a slightly buggy way
-fixed all the broken piles of worms in the last few levels
-some tweaks to various existing setups to make them work smoother (explore dmls if interested in details)
-disruption grenades now actually deadly as per their description
-rick turrets now corpse normally, resolving all issues of the original setup in one swipe
-grenade hybrids now launch grenades from their hands instead of reproductive organs
-readded a few files that were missing from the GOG release
-the starting controls now use WASD so new players wouldn't freak out
-the default music volume level has been lowered so new players wouldn't freak out
-enhanced precision disabled by default as having it enabled was causing way too many issues with steam overlay, and win10
-the default resolution is now 800*600, as some new monitors do not support 640*480 (the previous default) anymore

IMPORTANT NOTE - the exe has been renamed to SS2.exe, this solves a lot of oddities some people have been encountering (game not starting at all, taking very long to start and more). this means both GOG and steam will have to tweak their systems and shortcuts to work with the new exe name, or rename it back to shock2.exe (not recommended though).

as always, GOG and steam are free to integrate/update their builds as they see fit.

also, no need for this if you are patched up with the latest SS2tool - it includes all these fixes and many more. note that using the package will reset your controls.
Post edited March 28, 2017 by voodoo47
voodoo47: ok, it's ready;

SS2 GOG/steam 2.46

this actually isn't just a simple update to the latest version of the engine - the game has been given a basic overhaul:

-fixed the problem with battery not fully charging items sometimes
-partially fixed the problem with pyro field glow effect never going away after save and load while active (now it does, sound still not fixed though)
-the recycler will no longer recycle equipped implants, preventing issues
-fixed many screwups on doors
-fixed many screwups on lights
-fixed many screwups on eggs
-fixed many upside down or badly rotated objects
-fixed many cases of rogue props on objects
-fixed quite a few cases of script duplication
-fixed a few extreme cases of objects floating off walls and floor
-fixed the almost completely broken Find Delacroix quest (no more wild goose chases to Engineering as long as the player bothers to check the notes)
-fixed a couple of quests that were starting up or completing in a slightly buggy way
-fixed all the broken piles of worms in the last few levels
-some tweaks to various existing setups to make them work smoother (explore dmls if interested in details)
-disruption grenades now actually deadly as per their description
-rick turrets now corpse normally, resolving all issues of the original setup in one swipe
-grenade hybrids now launch grenades from their hands instead of reproductive organs
-readded a few files that were missing from the GOG release
-the starting controls now use WASD so new players wouldn't freak out
-the default music volume level has been lowered so new players wouldn't freak out
-enhanced precision disabled by default as having it enabled was causing way too many issues with steam overlay, and win10
-the default resolution is now 800*600, as some new monitors do not support 640*480 (the previous default) anymore

IMPORTANT NOTE - the exe has been renamed to SS2.exe, this solves a lot of oddities some people have been encountering (game not starting at all, taking very long to start and more). this means both GOG and steam will have to tweak their systems and shortcuts to work with the new exe name, or rename it back to shock2.exe (not recommended though).

as always, GOG and steam are free to integrate/update their builds as they see fit.

also, no need for this if you are patched up with the latest SS2tool - it includes all these fixes and many more. note that using the package will reset your controls.
Confirmed that this works with no issues with the most popular mods ;)
tacticool, etc...
ROCKMAN_77: Confirmed that this works with no issues with the most popular mods ;)
tacticool, etc...
do note that while it is possible to load mods directly (and the latest build has a few fixes to make this safer), manual loading of mods is still strongly discouraged - you should use SS2tool if you want to make your game mod ready.
Post edited April 24, 2017 by voodoo47
ROCKMAN_77: Confirmed that this works with no issues with the most popular mods ;)
tacticool, etc...
voodoo47: do note that while it is possible to load mods directly (and the latest build has a few fixes to make this safer), manual loading of mods is still strongly discouraged - you should use SS2tool if you want to make your game mod ready.
That's also correct. :)
Hey voodoo,

Couple questions for you. Was thinking of running through this again, maybe doing multiplayer with my brother this time. But been a while since I've installed, so haven't kept up on some of the stuff.

1) Does SS2Tool still have an offline install option? I remember using it before when I played (SS2Tool 5.0 or something?), but don't see the option in this version. I particularly like having that option incase I want to go back and play exactly the version of the game I did before, without any new updates. Know what I mean?

2) I have some of my personal notes that say I really liked the look of some of the Vurt's Water mods (v5.1 is what I had down as liking most). Are any of these, or perhaps a different water update, now included in SCP?

Thanks
1) no
2) no
What mods are considered mandatory? I'm starting the game for the first time btw.
as mentioned in your other topic, I wouldn't start a game without SCP and SHTUP nowadays.
voodoo47: as mentioned in your other topic, I wouldn't start a game without SCP and SHTUP nowadays.
I thought should ask it in this dedicated thread aswell. But i did as you suggested and installed "SHTUP-ND_beta1" and "SCP_beta2", hope it were the right ones.
the current version of SCP is beta3.
voodoo47: the current version of SCP is beta3.
Thnx, i uninstalled the one i had and installed the one you mentioned :)
Will the GoG release be receiving the new patch for Steam?