It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

added to the first post.
bullseye81: the check is there deliberately for a reason as it cant write to Program Files on Vista/Win 7
correct.
Post edited February 17, 2013 by voodoo47
Ok I installed Earth Dynamic Sky and added the enhanced_sky 1 to cam_ext.cfg and got this

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7163/dump000.png

I assume I edited the wrong .cfg file. I will try some others and report back.

*EDIT* I also tried adding the enhanced_sky 1 to cam.cfg and all I got was the original SS2 sky from 1999 :/
I know I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have any tips on what to try? All these mods seem to work though,

SHTUP (hires object textures)
Four Hundred (hires world textures)
Vurt's Space (hires space textures)
SHMUP (better quality original music)
Post edited February 17, 2013 by ZombieKohhi
The line goes in cam.cfg, not cam_ext.cfg.
as long as it's the one directly in System Shock2 folder it should work (in cam.cfg or cam_ext.cfg).

this looks like you haven't extracted the archive properly - you have to drop the FAM folder (and nothing else but FAM folder, ignore the rest of the files) into the DataPermMods (or DataTempMods) folder. and remember, you need to be patched up with ss2tool 5.0 for this to actually work.
Strange, for me, it's only working in cam.cfg.
Post edited February 17, 2013 by Marvin
that is indeed strange, as the game loads all the variables from both files, the only difference is priority.
I know. Well, as long as it works ...
Ok I see, just the FAM file. I thought it was the newsky file and the cam_mod file. Got it working, thanks :) It seems kinda funny trying to get this to work because you only see the earth sky in the very beginning correct?
it's not like I made that sky, I just made it easily installable. took me maybe 5 minutes, so why wouldn't I do it? you only see it on the beginning, but it's still nice to have.
-x-
Post edited February 17, 2013 by DarkApollo
Yes, it is nice to have :) voodoo47 are you from systemshock.org? I would like to join that community but I don't see a sign up or register link. I would like to get to know the community a little better and those responsible for making this GOG release possible before I donate anything. I mean I want to donate but I'm one of those cautious donators if that makes sense. And voodoo47, I see you helping a lot of people here on GOG and would like to thank you for doing so. I mean it, thanks! :)
Post edited February 17, 2013 by ZombieKohhi
register button is in the upper right corner, right under the paypal donate. and yeah, I'm there as well, same name.
Ok last question I promise :) Since this will be my first playtrhough, should I just play the game all the way through once without any mods to get the feel for the 1999 original?
Oh, i see someone else has the orange sky problem. The sky worked great until i decided to patch the game again with SS2Tool 5.0, and deleted the shock2.gam file. Though i am working on the same installation, perhaps that's where the problem lies.

*EDIT* Oh, scratch that, i'll reinstall. I should've refreshed the thread before posting.;)
Post edited February 17, 2013 by Arteveld
ZombieKohhi: Ok last question I promise :) Since this will be my first playtrhough, should I just play the game all the way through once without any mods to get the feel for the 1999 original?
I would definitely use SHTUP, if nothing else.