It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Software renderer + new patch = seems to work for me. Only played until the first keypad door, though.

Hardware renderer + new patch = freeze + audio loop into crash, as others have reported. Event log is as follows, dxdiag I've posted before.

Faulting application name: sshock.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5603541c
Faulting module name: DBGHELP.DLL, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7b7bc
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004b4cf
Faulting process id: 0x2430
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0f6a14fa3d51f
Faulting application path: E:\GOG Games\System Shock - Enhanced Edition\sshock.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\DBGHELP.DLL
Report Id: 9b6dec91-6294-11e5-b0ce-9cb654f8b690
With new patch + software renderer on I get the freeze bug also, here is the eventlog:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: sshock.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5603541c
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: DBGHELP.DLL, Version: 6.1.7601.17514, Zeitstempel: 0x4ce7b7bc
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0004b4cf
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1720
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d0f6a3f64de7f8
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\GOG Games\System Shock - Enhanced Edition\sshock.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\DBGHELP.DLL
Berichtskennung: 3ddabb06-6297-11e5-9278-bcaec5752f0c
Post edited September 24, 2015 by ADorante
Yeah!
The new patch and 'SoftRenderer=On' solves the problem for me.
Can i use my savegames from the classic edition with the enhanced edition?
I know you're all posting crash dumps, etc

...but thankfully I don't have an issue with this game - default settings.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Radeon R9 285 (Catalyst 15.8 beta)

Don't have any issues forcing a custom resolution either (ie 1080p) - other than the expected sluggishness.

That said, any further improvements are welcome.
No change with the patch and custom res settings, still crashes on the origin logo with no error message.
Still crashing for me too with error message "System Shock has stopped working", specifically when I use the keyboard for input (usually when I try to type my name in, but can be reproduced so it crashes before playing the intro if I press a key to skip the intro logos rather than the mouse button).

Things I have tried (all unsuccessfully):
- Toggled FullScreen=Yes/No
- Toggled SoftRenderer=On/Off
- Changed VideoMode=6
- Changed CustomWidth=1024 and CustomHeight=768
- Renamed res/sound folder
- Installed Saleck's patch.
- Changed controls.cfg profile to original, from custom
- Run in Win XP compatibility mode

System specs:
Win7 x64
i7-2600k
16GB RAM
nVidia GTX980 3GB

Event log:
Faulting application name: sshock.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55ff5f9c
Faulting module name: sshock.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55ff5f9c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000077f6
Faulting process id: 0x1fd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0f6cd0ae8bbb0
Faulting application path: K:\GOG\System Shock - Enhanced Edition\sshock.exe
Faulting module path: K:\GOG\System Shock - Enhanced Edition\sshock.exe
Report Id: 4e680d9d-62c0-11e5-acd7-bcaec5b4a688

DXDiag: pastebin.com/zysDFbz0
Post edited September 24, 2015 by arisuchan
same here

ADorante: With new patch + software renderer on I get the freeze bug also, here is the eventlog:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: sshock.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5603541c
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: DBGHELP.DLL, Version: 6.1.7601.17514, Zeitstempel: 0x4ce7b7bc
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0004b4cf
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1720
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d0f6a3f64de7f8
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\GOG Games\System Shock - Enhanced Edition\sshock.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\DBGHELP.DLL
Berichtskennung: 3ddabb06-6297-11e5-9278-bcaec5752f0c
This game was working fine for me yesterday, played it for about 4hrs in several sessions.

However today it crashes after about 7 secs of play.

I am running Avast anti-virus, and I suspect that is casuing the issue, because if I disabled it the game works fine. As soon as enable the Avast and try start the game, it will crash after 7 secs.

So in conclusion works for me if I disable Avast.
GoonerDU: This game was working fine for me yesterday, played it for about 4hrs in several sessions.

I am running Avast anti-virus, and I suspect that is casuing the issue, because if I disabled it the game works fine. As soon as enable the Avast and try start the game, it will crash after 7 secs.

I think this is an important hint since anti-virus-programs tend to crash SOME games. Maybe if everybody could post which anti-virus program he/she uses (if any) it would be helpful?
MarkoH01: I think this is an important hint since anti-virus-programs tend to crash SOME games. Maybe if everybody could post which anti-virus program he/she uses (if any) it would be helpful?
I have the issue and am just running MS Security Essentials. Turning it off did not resolve the issue.
Post edited September 24, 2015 by arisuchan
no antivirus here
by no i mean no

GoonerDU: This game was working fine for me yesterday, played it for about 4hrs in several sessions.

MarkoH01: I think this is an important hint since anti-virus-programs tend to crash SOME games. Maybe if everybody could post which anti-virus program he/she uses (if any) it would be helpful?
does this mean Avast was disabled yesterday (when the game ran ok)?

Post edited September 24, 2015 by svatem1
Damn - so it's not an anti virus problem alone. Thank you for posting though.
Post edited September 24, 2015 by MarkoH01
Who here uses Raptr? If you use Raptr, turn it off when running Shock and let me know what happens, both with the original Sshock.exe and the Patch provided in my pervious post. Thank you.
i don't use raptr, fyi
but ofc, i do run lot of apps (that's what multitasking for) at the same time, i expect that to stay that way

Saleck: Who here uses Raptr? If you use Raptr, turn it off when running Shock and let me know what happens, both with the original Sshock.exe and the Patch provided in my pervious post. Thank you.
Post edited September 24, 2015 by svatem1
Saleck: Who here uses Raptr? If you use Raptr, turn it off when running Shock and let me know what happens, both with the original Sshock.exe and the Patch provided in my pervious post. Thank you.
Solved! The game ran fine after turning Raptr off! Full widescreen, SoftRenderering is disabled, the game is now smooth as butter!

Thank you for figuring out so much! +Rep :D