It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/18n220/the_1_most_used_cliche_in_video_games_fixed/

Here's a pretty popular group of gamers complaining about this mechanic even DURING boss battles..

I'm sorry, I just plain HATE respawning enemies. Period...

It's no big deal... I guess SS2 just isn't for me.

That is all....

Thanks for everyone's feedback!!
I don't understand why people do that.

Hey look, there are people on reddit who agree with me even though they're not even necessarily talking about this game or the particular situation I encountered, or what you guys are saying about it and how it fits with the game and its gameplay as a whole, see ya!

Okay... Shame you're not even giving it a shot while actually being careful and avoiding triggering alarms and what not.

You're apparently not even going to try the mods suggested by some people here? Better luck next time, I guess.
Post edited February 16, 2013 by Al3xand3r
I hate respawns too, completely destroys the mood regardless of genre. I've also never enjoyed mindless enemies and in huge amounts, makes me feel like I'm trying to kill ants and score some kind of highscore. I don't particarly like high score too haha..

Anyway, I'm pretty sure there's some mod around that can disable it or at least modify the rate.

Try this: SS2 Zygoptera 'Ultimate' Spawn Mod

I'm not sure about NewDark compatibility but it's advised or perhaps even required to start over because of save incompatability.
Post edited February 16, 2013 by Nirth
monsterZERO: ... I'm sorry, I just plain HATE respawning enemies. Period...

It's no big deal... I guess SS2 just isn't for me.

That is all....

Thanks for everyone's feedback!!
No worries. Personally I see this game as having one of the few legitimate reasons for having the occasional respawning enemy (clone facility).
Except for those F$&*$&#ng monkeys... only 150 of them on the Van Braun... but i keep running into them...
I don't know, the way you describe it, you either triggered an alarm, encountered a rare bug in the game, or are greatly exaggeratting. Enemies aren't supposed to spawn like that, unless, like has been said, you triggered an alarm, in which case, you're supposed to deal with the consequences. Luckily, you can find a security terminal and disable the alarm, which stops more enemies from showing up
dammets89: Luckily, you can find a security terminal and disable the alarm, which stops more enemies from showing up
What if you're OSA or Marine without hacking then? :P
psi hack, or just smash everything that is in your way.
dammets89: Luckily, you can find a security terminal and disable the alarm, which stops more enemies from showing up
Nirth: What if you're OSA or Marine without hacking then? :P
I think if you retreat to a different section of the ship, the alert should reset.. maybe. Just make sure to blow up any cameras along the way.

Also, i think there may be a way to Hide and wait it out too... but the alert keeps retriggering if you get spotted.
I don't think you need hacking for that. Just examining the terminal turns off a set alarm. Now if you want to disable it completely for a period of time, than that's a different story
Kahvi: Yeah, kinda like you're not the only one using the respawn ability of the clone faculties...
Well, more like you're on a gigantic interstellar spaceship packed full of hundreds of crew and robots and horrible things and the respawning is intended to simulate them moving around the ship independently of your own actions. Sure it's a little rough around the edges in implementation, but it's a 1999 game, cut it some slack. If it was possible to completely clear out the levels, a la Doom, it would suck. Always having to be on your toes, always having to seek out someplace safe to hide while researching or reading a log, is what gives SS2 its incredible sense of tension.

monsterZERO: I'm sorry, I just plain HATE respawning enemies. Period...
This is an absurd viewpoint, period. Do you hate classic RPGs with random encounters? That's a form of infinite respawning. Do you hate all the respawning cars, pedestrians, and police in a GTA game? Do you hate the respawning in the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games, or any open-world game? And holy crap, don't get you started on those respawning ghosts in Pac-Man!
Think of it this way. Infinitely respawning enemies during an alarm also means infinite health and ammo from looting the bodies :p
high rated
Kahvi: Yeah, kinda like you're not the only one using the respawn ability of the clone faculties...
ZylonBane: Well, more like you're on a gigantic interstellar spaceship packed full of hundreds of crew and robots and horrible things and the respawning is intended to simulate them moving around the ship independently of your own actions. Sure it's a little rough around the edges in implementation, but it's a 1999 game, cut it some slack. If it was possible to completely clear out the levels, a la Doom, it would suck. Always having to be on your toes, always having to seek out someplace safe to hide while researching or reading a log, is what gives SS2 its incredible sense of tension.

monsterZERO: I'm sorry, I just plain HATE respawning enemies. Period...
ZylonBane: This is an absurd viewpoint, period. Do you hate classic RPGs with random encounters? That's a form of infinite respawning. Do you hate all the respawning cars, pedestrians, and police in a GTA game? Do you hate the respawning in the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games, or any open-world game? And holy crap, don't get you started on those respawning ghosts in Pac-Man!
That's his opinion, dude. Let it go.
dammets89: Think of it this way. Infinitely respawning enemies during an alarm also means infinite health and ammo from looting the bodies :p
I... never looked at it like that...
I like that viewpoint.
ZylonBane: Well, more like you're on a gigantic interstellar spaceship packed full of hundreds of crew and robots and horrible things and the respawning is intended to simulate them moving around the ship independently of your own actions. Sure it's a little rough around the edges in implementation, but it's a 1999 game, cut it some slack. If it was possible to completely clear out the levels, a la Doom, it would suck. Always having to be on your toes, always having to seek out someplace safe to hide while researching or reading a log, is what gives SS2 its incredible sense of tension.

This is an absurd viewpoint, period. Do you hate classic RPGs with random encounters? That's a form of infinite respawning. Do you hate all the respawning cars, pedestrians, and police in a GTA game? Do you hate the respawning in the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games, or any open-world game? And holy crap, don't get you started on those respawning ghosts in Pac-Man!
TrIp13G: That's his opinion, dude. Let it go.
Thank you... It's just not for me ;)

+Rep for you
TrIp13G: That's his opinion, dude. Let it go.
monsterZERO: Thank you... It's just not for me ;)

+Rep for you
Hey man, just because a lot of people may disagree, does not mean you need to be convinced to think the way they do. Just lookin' out.

Also, thank you for the rep. :)
Post edited February 16, 2013 by TrIp13G