It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm sorry, GOG.

But this Sword of the Stars installing routine is a complete mess. I know it's not entirely your fault, the major responsability falling on those Kerberos imbeciles, who think that everyone should have Steam nowadays.

But the fact remains that we still haven't got Galaxy and we have to rely on the kindness of strangers to guide us. I admit that I'm completely lost in this shit.

I've had to uninstall this game at least 3 times!!

And even if I manage to run the game there's sure to be people after me who'll be lost as well.

Look, I acknowledge that I'm not the brightest guy on the block. But you should advertise the consumers (even in your download/library section if possible with a basic step-by-step guide):

- Which patch?
- Which DLC first?
- Which DLC last?

- Do we have to install the "vannila" version, or we can start with the Gold one?

You get the point.

Please, do something about this.
Thanks in advance.
Y'know I get that you're irritated over the installers and patches but you can ask GOG to provide clear instructions without insulting the folks over at Kerberos.

As of now my install order went along like so;

Vanilla > MindGames > Gold Edition > Gold Edition patch 1.5.4 > Pilgrim DLC > Juggernaut > and Necromancer will go here once I get around to buying it.
I think the reason I insulted the developpers is clear enough.
I've been playing computer games for more than 30 years.
And this is probably the second time in my life in which I've had to install a game 4 times until I got it right.

This is clearly not acceptable.
A game patch/expansion is supposed to make the game better, not unplayable or broken.
Razgriz009: Vanilla > MindGames > Gold Edition > Gold Edition patch 1.5.4 > Pilgrim DLC > Juggernaut > and Necromancer will go here once I get around to buying it.
Yup, that´s the correct order.
Exactly the way how they were released.

karnak1: - Which patch?
- Which DLC first?
- Which DLC last?

- Do we have to install the "vannila" version, or we can start with the Gold one?
AFAIK, you have to have vanilla upgraded to Gold version to use any of those additional DLCs, which came after the Gold release, that is so far: Pilgrim, Juggernaut and Necromancer.

Just follow Razgriz009s tutorial and you´ll be fine :)
Tarhiel: AFAIK, you have to have vanilla upgraded to Gold version to use any of those additional DLCs, which came after the Gold release, that is so far: Pilgrim, Juggernaut and Necromancer.

Just follow Razgriz009s tutorial and you´ll be fine :)
Thanks for the info. Fortunately I finally managed to install the game yesterday (4th install :P ).

But as I had stated in one of my previous posts it's GOG's duty to make an install guide. We shouldn't have to rely on other posters for help (even though it's much appreciated).

This install scene is so messy that I think no-one really has the definitive answer.

Because some people say that you have to install "vanilla SOTSTP" + "Mindgames" + "Gold".
But I think the Gold update already includes the "Mindgames" DLC. At least I didn't install "Mindgames" and I have Psionics.

Man, this shit is so confusing.

oy vey :/
I only own the base game, and I do find this DLC situation confusing.
Right, this is how *I* did it:

Make sure you first download the Gold Upgrade patch, and the latest version of Juggernaut and Pilgrim from your shelf:

Base game,
Mind games,
Gold upgrade,
Gold upgrade Patch,
Necromancer,
Juggernaut (latest version),
Pilgrim (latest version).

I have 11 selectable characters and version is 1.54.

For some people the last 3 DLC's might need a different order (yes really!) experiment, but try my way first.

Hope this helps...

Tony.
t0nedude: Right, this is how *I* did it:

Make sure you first download the Gold Upgrade patch, and the latest version of Juggernaut and Pilgrim from your shelf:

Base game,
Mind games,
Gold upgrade,
Gold upgrade Patch,
Necromancer,
Juggernaut (latest version),
Pilgrim (latest version).

I have 11 selectable characters and version is 1.54.

For some people the last 3 DLC's might need a different order (yes really!) experiment, but try my way first.

Hope this helps...

Tony.
This List worked for me as well. Maybe we should have a sticky thread with this list, because this can be realy confusing for new players.
I don't get it. What if you have both the GOLD EDITION and GOLD EDITION UPGRADE. Do you need to download and install the UPGRADE is you have the $12.99 GOLD EDITION?
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We've uploaded a patch for the Gold Edition of SOTS: The Pit Gold called "Patch 1.5.4" and we've updated the installers for Juggernaut and the Pilgrim DLCs.

Please download the patch along with the two 30 MB installers in order to get the latest and greatest version of the game.

Changelog for 1.5.4:

Compatibility update for the new Necromancer DLC.

1.5.2:

- Added new monsters.
- Added new recipes.
- Added heavy weapon skill for Mercenary.
- Increased speed of attack animations.
- Increased penalty for attacking invisible enemies.
- Increased cost of psionic abilities.
- Transmogrifier ray now affects player when hit.
- Reduced number of rooms per floor.
- Fixed crash: Using temporal ejectors.
- Fixed crash: Using emitter rifle.
- Fixed: Reflect now reflects bullets back to attacker.
- Fixed: Reflect now reflects transmogrifier attacks.
- Fixed: Transmogrifier ray no longer turns enemies into turrets.
- Fixed: Mouse over not working for Tesseract Well and storage locker inventories.
- Fixed: Enduro Laser Pistol penetration was too high.
- Fixed: Ultra Amazoid being injured after copying player.
- Fixed: Roundoff error for Psi Point regeneration on higher difficulty levels.
- Fixed: Inconsistencies crafting ammo conversion recipes.
- Fixed: Chocolate eggs now marked as medical item.
- Fixed: Messages 362 and 363 unlocking wrong recipe.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
hello there,

when is the 1.5.5 update finally coming? it arrived on steam months ago! =(