It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I discovered on Steam that the Anniversary Edition DLC comes with content that you can perform surgery on Donald Trump, and I wondered if the GOG version also has been updated with this content, or is the GOG version one of those outdated games that never gets updates that show up on Steam?

Also, if Judas or someone else from GOG is reading this, if the Trump content *is* included, please update the store description to indicate what the currently sold DLC contains. Copy and paste it from Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317960/ for your convenience.

TIA!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
skeletonbow: I discovered on Steam that the Anniversary Edition DLC comes with content that you can perform surgery on Donald Trump, and I wondered if the GOG version also has been updated with this content, or is the GOG version one of those outdated games that never gets updates that show up on Steam?

Also, if Judas or someone else from GOG is reading this, if the Trump content *is* included, please update the store description to indicate what the currently sold DLC contains. Copy and paste it from Steam.

TIA!
Did you ever figure this out?
tinyE: Did you ever figure this out?
Nope, never got an answer so I never bought it. If GOG ever updates the game page to indicate that it does in fact come with the Trump surgery stuff then I will consider buying the game next promo it is in though. If they don't update the description to indicate it either way I probably wont buy it unless someone else can confirm it though.
tinyE: Did you ever figure this out?
skeletonbow: Nope, never got an answer so I never bought it. If GOG ever updates the game page to indicate that it does in fact come with the Trump surgery stuff then I will consider buying the game next promo it is in though. If they don't update the description to indicate it either way I probably wont buy it unless someone else can confirm it though.
Thank you sir. :D

Oh hey, zeo told me you just got a new amp that evidently can destroy an entire planet. :P
tinyE: Thank you sir. :D

Oh hey, zeo told me you just got a new amp that evidently can destroy an entire planet. :P
I would absolutely love to own one of John Petrucci's amps. ;)
tinyE: Thank you sir. :D

skeletonbow: I would absolutely love to own one of John Petrucci's amps. ;)
Man, I'd just love to own something bigger than a toaster. :P

Given where I live and what I do I'm very limited.

I play on a Yamaha THR10. Now it is the absolute best shoe box sized amp on the planet and what's more, I can hear every aspect of every note without having to turn it way up which makes it the ideal practice amp. I just better never join any bands. P
tinyE: Man, I'd just love to own something bigger than a toaster. :P

Given where I live and what I do I'm very limited.

I play on a Yamaha THR10. Now it is the absolute best shoe box sized amp on the planet and what's more, I can hear every aspect of every note without having to turn it way up which makes it the ideal practice amp. I just better never join any bands. P
I've got a Laney Linebacker 100 Reverb as my main stack, with 2x12 Celestian Greenbacks in the cab, and a Line 6 Spider II 15 practice amp. I want to buy a rack mount solid state stereo power amp sometime in the near future though also, as I use an external modelling preamp (Boss GT-Pro) pretty exclusively for the last number of years now so really only need a nice FRFR power amp to complete my sound chain.
skeletonbow: I discovered on Steam that the Anniversary Edition DLC comes with content that you can perform surgery on Donald Trump, and I wondered if the GOG version also has been updated with this content, or is the GOG version one of those outdated games that never gets updates that show up on Steam?

TIA!
Just bought it... and NO, this version is very outdated, and does NOT have neither Trump DLC, nor even the old Team Fortress 2 DLC... ((
I guess, this purchase was a mistake and i'll have to wait until the next discount on this game on Steam and buy it once again, there, to get all the DLCs...

TIA!
Vic47: Just bought it... and NO, this version is very outdated, and does NOT have neither Trump DLC, nor even the old Team Fortress 2 DLC... ((
I guess, this purchase was a mistake and i'll have to wait until the next discount on this game on Steam and buy it once again, there, to get all the DLCs...
By that time trump won't be in office. Of course at that point, we'll be too busy dancing in the streets and screaming "Hallelujah!" to be playing Surgeon Sim.
Contacted bossa support said they'd forward the info to the relevant dept. Don't know if anyone has contacted them prior to me so don't know if they will do something or not
Hello, guys, I'm copying my correspondence with Bossa Studios representative below:
===================
Dean
Dean (Bossa Studios)

Feb 1, 16:30 GMT

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us.

Due to how GOG works the build of the game that is available via Good Old Games is a different one to that which is available on Steam as it is DRM free. In order for the Trump DLC to be made available on GOG we'd need to create a whole new build for the service. Unfortunately there are no plans to do that at this time.

If the Trump DLC is something which you'd really like to play your only option at this time would be to refund the game on GOG and purchase on Steam.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Dean Palfreman
Bossa Studios Customer Support Representative
Bossa Studios Logo

Vassilevb
Vassilevb

Feb 1, 13:32 GMT

Dear Bossa representatives,

I bought the game via GOG.com and I don't have the Trump content. The GOG version (which is a normal PC version) costs the same amount of money as the Steam version. The Trump content on Steam is not even a separate DLC - it should be available right after purchase.

I feel that GOG customers such as me are being treated unfairly, to say the least.

Please be so kind to comment adequately and suggest a resolution.

Best regards,
Boyan Vassilev
===================

After that, I was forced to write this feedback:
==============
Mr. Palfreman knows perfectly well (if he doesn't know that, then why the hell is he replying to me as a customer support representative?) that a purchase on GOG.com cannot be refunded if the software has been downloaded and there are no technical problems with it. His suggestion to me (advertised as "my only option", which is false) was ridiculous, because my o n l y option is to buy the game twice. The problem is with you, Bossa Studios, because you refuse to "create a whole new build for the service", which is your job. You offered inferior* software product (lacking some features) at one place (GOG) at the same price as another place (Steam, where the features in question are available). You treat your GOG customers unequally by getting their money and not giving them a complete product. This is not professional. I will avoid your games in the future. You might want to familiarize yourself with the NPS metric (a.k.a. net promoter score), if you haven't done so far. Congratulations, you just won a detractor.

Thanks for reading this (if at all).
Cheers,
Boyan Vassilev

* No, don't tell me "it's not inferior, because it's DRM-free" — everybody who pays for something wants to OWN that thing and not to be limited by mandatory online activation or some other DRM shite.
==============

I'd suggest to add this game into the "games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens" GOGmix.
It's a pity that they make me waste so much time with this objectively mediocre game of theirs. I just wanted to make a fun Trump surgery video... :/
Post edited March 10, 2018 by VassilevB
VassilevB: Feb 1, 16:30 GMT (2018)

Due to how GOG works the build of the game that is available via Good Old Games is a different one to that which is available on Steam as it is DRM free. In order for the Trump DLC to be made available on GOG we'd need to create a whole new build for the service. Unfortunately there are no plans to do that at this time.
And yet, it is now 21 Sep 2018, and the GOG product page for this game still says "Please note: 'The Heavy' and 'Donald J Trump' surgeries will be available at a later date", which is apparently a lie.

I purchased this on 27 Nov 2017 and just installed it. There is no Trump. Additionally, there are no soundtrack files in the game directory. I have a soundtrack on my download page under "Game goodies", but that includes only 8 tracks. Accordigng to SteamDB, the Steam version's Anniversary Edition Content contains a "Black Heron Surgeon Simulator A&E OST Mp3" subdirectory containing 23 tracks.

So yes, we here at GOG are definitely getting screwed by Bossa Studios.

I'm really getting sick of paying the same or more here on GOG (versus Steam) and getting less. Less content, delayed updates, lack of updates, and fewer/lack of DLCs. For example, I've had to purchase several games on Steam because Steam had DLCs for sale that GOG doesn't have (for example, A Hat in Time's B-Side soundtrack, AER's soundtrack, and Firewatch's soundtrack). Some developers may release their games on GOG, but they are clearly pushing or enticing people to purchase from Steam instead.
VassilevB: Feb 1, 16:30 GMT (2018)

cmclout: And yet, it is now 21 Sep 2018, and the GOG product page for this game still says "Please note: 'The Heavy' and 'Donald J Trump' surgeries will be available at a later date", which is apparently a lie.

I purchased this on 27 Nov 2017 and just installed it. There is no Trump. Additionally, there are no soundtrack files in the game directory. I have a soundtrack on my download page under "Game goodies", but that includes only 8 tracks. Accordigng to SteamDB, the Steam version's Anniversary Edition Content contains a "Black Heron Surgeon Simulator A&E OST Mp3" subdirectory containing 23 tracks.

So yes, we here at GOG are definitely getting screwed by Bossa Studios.

I'm really getting sick of paying the same or more here on GOG (versus Steam) and getting less. Less content, delayed updates, lack of updates, and fewer/lack of DLCs. For example, I've had to purchase several games on Steam because Steam had DLCs for sale that GOG doesn't have (for example, A Hat in Time's B-Side soundtrack, AER's soundtrack, and Firewatch's soundtrack). Some developers may release their games on GOG, but they are clearly pushing or enticing people to purchase from Steam instead.
Which is, of course, understandable, given the fact that their biggest motivation is profit. However, if clear-headed and adequate management is done in these companies, then they should be very aware that this is not a viable long-term strategy for the survival of a company. The lifespan of a company is very short (currently around 20 years and has been steadily going down through the years), compared to that of a human being (currently, the global average is 70 years and is getting higher). So, if they behave as if they are actually serving the consumer (because that's is the initial reason why companies exist at all), then they should take their attitude towards customers into very serious consideration, regardless of the specific distribution platform.
What I'm saying is this: if companies keep mistreating customers, then they will inevitably suffer. It's a matter of time (check out the concept of "tipping point" in the context of complex systems theory).