It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We've uploaded new installers for Sunless Sea that will update your game to version 1.0.0.1979. Please download the installer relevant OS in order to get the latest and greatest version of the game.

Changelog for version 1.0.0.1979:

A new ambition for your captains! Found a colony at the world's end, in a place of beauty and searing danger. Grow it slowly over time. Claim legitimacy as a monarch of the zee, and win the game.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
JudasIscariot: A new ambition for your captains! Found a colony at the world's end, in a place of beauty and searing danger. Grow it slowly over time. Claim legitimacy as a monarch of the zee, and win the game.

Pretty cool!

Hey Judas sorry to bug you but I'm new when it comes to reinstalling from a fresh new installer (I've only ever patched games here before).

What's the best way to do it? Remove the original install via Add / Remove (I'm on Win 7) and then reinstall from the new download?

DON'T remove the old install and just reinstall OVER the old one? How do I make sure I keep my saves with this game? Just select the option to keep saves when I use Add / Remove?
Ixamyakxim: Pretty cool!

Hey Judas sorry to bug you but I'm new when it comes to reinstalling from a fresh new installer (I've only ever patched games here before).

What's the best way to do it? Remove the original install via Add / Remove (I'm on Win 7) and then reinstall from the new download?

DON'T remove the old install and just reinstall OVER the old one? How do I make sure I keep my saves with this game? Just select the option to keep saves when I use Add / Remove?
My suggestion is to always uninstall old and install new. And, yes, just keep your saved games. Although some updates won't support previous versions saved games, but it should tell you in update notes.
This version don't let me set a different resolution from my desktop one. For example, my desktop is 1280x800 and my monitor max res is 1680x1050 and if i try to set in game 1680x1050, it doesn't move from 1280x800.
JudasIscariot: A new ambition for your captains! Found a colony at the world's end, in a place of beauty and searing danger. Grow it slowly over time. Claim legitimacy as a monarch of the zee, and win the game.

Ixamyakxim: Pretty cool!

I installed over the previous version, downloaded the new stories and everything went fine. Guess it works both ways.
Did anyone notice this weird text bug with patch 1.0.0.1979? When the player docks in London and the Story section says "The Revenue Men, " the text seems to be "pushing" the icons. I've attached a screenshot.
Attachments:
IronArcturus: Did anyone notice this weird text bug with patch 1.0.0.1979? When the player docks in London and the Story section says "The Revenue Men, " the text seems to be "pushing" the icons. I've attached a screenshot.
Yeah I've seen this happen in one or two other places as well.

Apparently there's a new version coming soon. Not sure if it'll fix that, but it will apparently fix the massive slow-down one gets once you've been playing for a while (which apparently doesn't affect everyone, so count yourself lucky if it hasn't hit you).
Any word on when the GOG version will be updated to 1.0.1.2004? It's been out almost a week now
kiriak: Any word on when the GOG version will be updated to 1.0.1.2004? It's been out almost a week now
never mind
Post edited March 06, 2015 by micktiegs_8