It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there a way to alter the key bindings?

For whatever reason the + on my keyboard doesn't work in Subwar 2050 meaning I can't go faster than 2/3rds power. Also [ and ] aren't bound to 1/3 and 2/3 power but ] and # are instead.

Any suggestions?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Ctrl-F1 is your friend. =)

It might be possible gog has changed the default bindings for whatever the reason, you can reset it by deleting the mapper.txt file in the game folder (note that I don't have the gog version of this game).
Thanks for the tip. Turns out that DOSBOX doesn't detect all my keys correctly even when I set the language
Saurbaum: Is there a way to alter the key bindings?

For whatever reason the + on my keyboard doesn't work in Subwar 2050 meaning I can't go faster than 2/3rds power. Also [ and ] aren't bound to 1/3 and 2/3 power but ] and # are instead.

Any suggestions?
I had a similar problem - none of the throttle keys seemed to work at all. What fixed it for me was to edit "dosboxSUBWAR.conf" and change the 'keyboardlayout' setting (at the end of the file) to 'auto' instead of none. Hope this helps.
Same problem here - tried keyboardlayout=auto and keyboardlayout=dk, but it just wont work.

Currently, I have discovered a few keys:
Æ = move viewpoint up/down
, = look left
. = look right
¨ = throttle (sometimes?)

Of course, you can type stuff in the anti-piracy screen at the start of the game - this might give a clue to how the game interpretates the keysboard.

But I have grown tired of tinkering with this.
So... has anyone already found a solution to the key issue? My game too doesn't recognize the "+" and "-" numlock keys for speed :(