It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Title says it all, is it true? I am reading all over the web that the devs(?) decided to screw the fan basis by removing LAN gameplay and force DRM multiplayer?
No.
Plokite_Wolf: No.
So then we can play with multiplayer local lan with out needing the gog client after downloading?

Edit: Well after downloading and installing it.
Post edited June 10, 2020 by supernet2ec
Plokite_Wolf: No.
supernet2ec: So then we can play with multiplayer local lan with out needing the gog client after downloading?

Yes. There is still a direct TCP/IP connection mode (you need to enable DirectPlay in Windows though), you don't need any client for it.

Neither Steam nor GOG have their own multiplayer services for Stronghold HD nor Stronghold Crusader HD.
Post edited June 10, 2020 by Plokite_Wolf
supernet2ec: So then we can play with multiplayer local lan with out needing the gog client after downloading?

Plokite_Wolf: Yes. There is still a direct TCP/IP connection mode (you need to enable DirectPlay in Windows though), you don't need any client for it.

Neither Steam nor GOG have their own multiplayer services for Stronghold HD nor Stronghold Crusader HD.
Thanks for clarification and explanation!
GOG has a tendency to remove LAN from games and change them with Galaxy if they can and it is indicating me for a Vomint/Throwup sensation... There are countless games they removed LAN play.... if they can somehow they removing it. Thats why i am sometime not buying a game they re releasing....
Post edited July 14, 2023 by Kwantumhab
Kwantumhab: GOG has a tendency to remove LAN from games and change them with Galaxy if they can and it is indicating me for a Vomint/Throwup sensation... There are countless games they removed LAN play.... if they can somehow they removing it. Thats why i am sometime not buying a game they re releasing....
Is it GOG or are the developers/publishers?
It would be too much coincidence regarding the removal to it be independental for all developers and other titles... especially in cases of abandonwares... Is it not? And therefor... if it is an old game why bother to remove such thing in the first place?! Isnt would be easier to left it in?! They want to force the galaxy thingy thats all IMHO... AFAIK the only games have left in lan modes that they were unable to mod out somehow, so they let it in... but mostly if they can somehow removing it and adding galaxy support.
Post edited July 15, 2023 by Kwantumhab