It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Had some time to install the 1.5.2 installer and what do I find but the game has updated and the GoG offline installer is out of date again :/ This is ridiculous GoG, you can't claim to be DRM free and then not update the offline installers. That's the DRM free part :P
I'm just upset because my sister in law was really hoping her mother could join the multiplayer farm, but this is the only option for her mac running mac os 10.10. I think I'll try downloading the patched version onto another computer that can run the galaxy launcher and then copying the game file to this one. Hopefully that works :/

EDIT: That worked! I had previously installed stardew on this machine so I dont know if it would have worked had that not been the case. YMMV. I'm still upset that the GoG offline installers are slow to release :(
Post edited January 16, 2021 by Redslash12
https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-5-3-patch-out-now-on-pc/

Fingers crossed that 1.5.3 gets ported to all PC systems on GOG fast enough. :)
Captain_Rage:
It's up:)
Captain_Rage:
Moonbeam: It's up:)
Just for Windows and Mac, though, it seems. No 1.5.3 for Linux. :( Will have to wait.
Moonbeam: It's up:)
JimPhelps: Just for Windows and Mac, though, it seems. No 1.5.3 for Linux. :( Will have to wait.
Thanks for the notification! :) I have to chime in here though, since I am also waiting for the GNU/Linux port. Stardew Valley runs remarkably well under Arch Linux. The only downside is the extra time I have to wait before receiving the latest versions, and that it doesn't recognize my gamepad, but all things considered it works more than fine, so I can live with that. :D
JimPhelps: Just for Windows and Mac, though, it seems. No 1.5.3 for Linux. :( Will have to wait.
Captain_Rage: Thanks for the notification! :) I have to chime in here though, since I am also waiting for the GNU/Linux port. Stardew Valley runs remarkably well under Arch Linux. The only downside is the extra time I have to wait before receiving the latest versions, and that it doesn't recognize my gamepad, but all things considered it works more than fine, so I can live with that. :D
I agree, the game works very well under Linux. It's curious, though, that it doesn't recognize your gamepad. I just tried the 1.5.2 version with a Logitech F710 and it works just fine. Maybe you have to switch in the options (key 'E' during gameplay) between 'autodetect' and 'force on' and back. That might help.
But ... can you really properly play the game with a gamepad? I have never gotten used to that; I prefer keyboard and mouse.
JimPhelps: I agree, the game works very well under Linux. It's curious, though, that it doesn't recognize your gamepad. I just tried the 1.5.2 version with a Logitech F710 and it works just fine. Maybe you have to switch in the options (key 'E' during gameplay) between 'autodetect' and 'force on' and back. That might help.
But ... can you really properly play the game with a gamepad? I have never gotten used to that; I prefer keyboard and mouse.
Well, there's console ports and a mobile port. And in essence, it controls much like the original Harvest Moon on SNES with a lot of quality of life features.
Darvond: Well, there's console ports and a mobile port. And in essence, it controls much like the original Harvest Moon on SNES with a lot of quality of life features.
That's true. I never owned a SNES, so I never played the original Harvest Moon (I know it exists and that Stardew Valley is inspired by it).
I for sure tried playing Stardew Valley with a controller but just couldn't get used to it. I prefer keyboard and mouse, I'm faster with that. For the life of me I can't memorize where each function is on a game controller.
For other types of games I actually like to use a game controller, just not for Stardew Valley.
That's why I asked whether the person above was actually able to properly play the game with a controller, since I couldn't. That's all I wanted to say. It's good that the game gives us the choice: controller or keyboard/mouse.
Thank you.

Aside from that ... still no 1.5.3 for Linux. Maybe GOG has forgotten about it ...
Darvond: Well, there's console ports and a mobile port. And in essence, it controls much like the original Harvest Moon on SNES with a lot of quality of life features.
JimPhelps: That's true. I never owned a SNES, so I never played the original Harvest Moon (I know it exists and that Stardew Valley is inspired by it).
I for sure tried playing Stardew Valley with a controller but just couldn't get used to it. I prefer keyboard and mouse, I'm faster with that. For the life of me I can't memorize where each function is on a game controller.
For other types of games I actually like to use a game controller, just not for Stardew Valley.
That's why I asked whether the person above was actually able to properly play the game with a controller, since I couldn't. That's all I wanted to say. It's good that the game gives us the choice: controller or keyboard/mouse.
Thank you.

Aside from that ... still no 1.5.3 for Linux. Maybe GOG has forgotten about it ...
Oh, really?? That is very useful to know. Thank you! A friend has a Logitech F310 gamepad. I might give that a spin then! I couldn't find any specific info regarding controller support in GNU/Linux regarding GOG and Stardew Valley, and bought a DualShock 4 (the controller for Playstation 4) last year, which works well with games on Steam, but 'outside' Steam it struggles to get recognized by games (only the touchpad on the controller works for controlling the cursor in the desktop, but virtually nothing else works). The Arch Linux wiki said that support for Sony's controller is poor (it is offically supported in Steam though, so it makes sense that it works in conjunction). Next time I will try a Logitech controller with the games from GOG and see how it fares. :) To be honest though, I also prefer using keyboard and mouse for Stardew Valley, but I would still like the controller to work. ;) This time it seems like the fault lies elsewhere; we can presumably blame Sony. It's good to know that it would probably work with a Logitech gamepad!

And yes, please give us the GNU/Linux installer for 1.5.3 before the weekend. Pretty please, GOG. :D Dziekuje.
Captain_Rage: It's good to know that it would probably work with a Logitech gamepad!
For what it's worth, it seems to work with my wireless xbox controller (uh, with cable, because I am too lazy to figure out bluetooth). My only problem is that one of my buttons isn't recognized at all in any program and I am starting to wonder if my controller is broken, ha. (the one that opens the quest menu)

I also have a very old, super cheap fake playstation controller that is recognized by SDV without a problem.

What annoys me most about controller controls is the function of A/B keys, as I only ever played nintendo games with controller where the functions are the other way around. It's possible to use steam to remap them, but guess what, it only works with the Windows version of SDV, not the Linux version, no matter if bought on steam or gog and added to library.
Captain_Rage: -snop-
The Logitech F series are nice.

But I found a new controller for my hands not too long ago.