It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ChuckBeaver: Assuming the memory leak is left unfixed?
Darvond: What, you thought the devs would be able to optimize their own code?
The coding is so bad that they have had several companies they hired to do the conversion to console throw up their hand and walk away.

I do know that the frackin universe mod team has actually gone and fixed some of the coding.
Post edited November 21, 2021 by abbayarra
abbayarra: The coding is so bad that they have had several companies they hired to do the conversion to console throw up their hand and walk away.

I do know that the frackin universe mod team has actually gone and fixed some of the coding.
Well, what they can. Legally speaking, they can't actually go much further than the LUA/Scripting level unless they got explicit permission to do engine mods.
abbayarra: The coding is so bad that they have had several companies they hired to do the conversion to console throw up their hand and walk away.

Darvond: Well, what they can. Legally speaking, they can't actually go much further than the LUA/Scripting level unless they got explicit permission to do engine mods.
What I do know is that they have gone and fixed the way some of the graphics are displayed which has improved performance. I believe it was in the background.

The other big issue with the game is the same that Gothic 3 had. The constant access of the hard drive, Starbound does it to constantly update the save. Gothic instead of having loading screens did constantly loading of what you see from the hard drive.

Both of these have a massive hit to performance and cause stuttering. Both games are the very few that I've got on my solid state drive due its massive improvement in access time which vastly reduces the stuttering in both games.
Good thing i keep my games on my swap able ssd then, wouldnt be in a good place on the soldered board ssd.
Also thanks for he info
Post edited November 21, 2021 by ChuckBeaver