It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

YWing texture update, more to come. :)
Attachments:
Eskandare: I love what you've done so far. Although, I'd love to see the return of pilot registration, medals, and the concourse. It's all part of the imersion and charm of the game. Even the boring old piloting corse. I'd jist love going through and experiencing X-Wing is all it's new polished glory.
Boring?! By the end of it I'm sweating bullets, my fingers are cramped, and my shields are barely able to keep up with the targets. And always that cheerful, easygoing music, mocking my anxiety...
stonky: YWing texture update, more to come. :)
Very awesome Y-wing, how's the textures of the ISD coming along?
stonky: YWing texture update, more to come. :)
rkinkjr: Very awesome Y-wing, how's the textures of the ISD coming along?
Coming along - most of the paneling is done, I should have something to show shortly.
Hey folks, I have a technical game issue question for you. Every time I play x wing series with any different kind of joystick I seem to have this problem. Does anyone else have this issue where you line up on target but the target display in wind shield will spring back a little off target? So basically I have to keep my hand on target and I can't fly a strait line. Even if I'm not being attacked. My joystick is calibrated also. I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or was it a bug in the original game. If it is a bug will it be pretty much fixed as well? Thanks for reading, just curious.
Post edited July 07, 2017 by rkinkjr
rkinkjr: Hey folks, I have a technical game issue question for you. Every time I play x wing series with any different kind of joystick I seem to have this problem. Does anyone else have this issue where you line up on target but the target display in wind shield will spring back a little off target? So basically I have to keep my hand on target and I can't fly a strait line. Even if I'm not being attacked. My joystick is calibrated also. I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or was it a bug in the original game. If it is a bug will it be pretty much fixed as well? Thanks for reading, just curious.
It's a quirk of the engine, you cannot look straight at certain parts of the skybox, if a fighter happens to fly in front of these spots you just won't be able to get a lock.
They only corrected it with X-wing Alliance, even XvT still does it.
Post edited July 07, 2017 by Det_Bullock
Ah kk, thanks for info. Was always wondered about that and I did seem to notice that it didn't do that in xwa.
Det_Bullock: It's a quirk of the engine, you cannot look straight at certain parts of the skybox, if a fighter happens to fly in front of these spots you just won't be able to get a lock.
I don't even think it's corrected in XWA. Instead, there's just usually a local star there so the lens flare makes it more difficult to tell what's happening.
Post edited July 08, 2017 by agentrob
Det_Bullock: It's a quirk of the engine, you cannot look straight at certain parts of the skybox, if a fighter happens to fly in front of these spots you just won't be able to get a lock.
agentrob: I don't even think it's corrected in XWA. Instead, there's just usually a local star there so the lens flare makes it more difficult to tell what's happening.
Yeah, the gimbal lock problem is present in all of the original X-Wing games, sadly. In particular, it can make some of the missions in the gun turret a nightmare in XWA.
agentrob: I don't even think it's corrected in XWA. Instead, there's just usually a local star there so the lens flare makes it more difficult to tell what's happening.
scotsdezmond: Yeah, the gimbal lock problem is present in all of the original X-Wing games, sadly. In particular, it can make some of the missions in the gun turret a nightmare in XWA.
Should we enable gimbal lock in XWVM for nostalgia? :)
If it could be an off and on option sure. I always preferred it annoying, especially going after shield generators.
I'm pretty sure he was just joking ;)
I don't think I ever noticed in XWA, guess the lens flare did its job.
Hello there. Just curious any concept artwork the x a and b wing cockpit yet?
rkinkjr: Hello there. Just curious any concept artwork the x a and b wing cockpit yet?
We are currently using the XWAUP cockpits as placeholders. There is no active work on those cockpits for now, since we have other more urgent stuff in the pipeline. For the test and demo only the Y-wing historical missions are "supported" so it's not something we are currently dealing with.
Input and instrumentation are the boogiemen for me right now. :D
Post edited July 13, 2017 by Azrapse