It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silver83: Great work. Very good graphics, superb interpretation of the game's soundtrack and the implementation of TrackIR is unbelievable. And most of all it still feels like X-Wing! On a site node: why does the German version include two different sets of voices for mission briefings?
The English version also has two sets of voices: General Dodonna and Admiral Ackbar.
Are there Ackbar briefings for the historical combat missions as well, or just tour missions? If the former, they were not actually used in the game, were they?
JKing: Are there Ackbar briefings for the historical combat missions as well, or just tour missions? If the former, they were not actually used in the game, were they?
Yes, there are Ackbar briefings for historical missions in both language editions, which haven't been used in the original game.
Silver83: Great work. Very good graphics, superb interpretation of the game's soundtrack and the implementation of TrackIR is unbelievable. And most of all it still feels like X-Wing! On a site node: why does the German version include two different sets of voices for mission briefings?
Azrapse: The English version also has two sets of voices: General Dodonna and Admiral Ackbar.
I know u guys r busy but any chance we could see the English version. Unless u want to keep it secret until beta release of course. I have watched the German version and thought that was excellent.
I know it's way to early to plan and I'm sure u guys already planned, but do u plan on putting the forward and back radars in different locations in the other rebel star fighter cockpits since the canopy is different, more opened? I know it was there to help play in the original game, but it looks like now u guys r trying to incorporate them into the actual huds. I'm sure it will take time for us to look down at the screen and not above but I'm sure we will get use to it. Just a thought for more realism.
Post edited June 19, 2017 by rkinkjr
Perhaps they changed the dubbing between various versions?
X-wing had DOS, MAC and later windows versions, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them might have had a different localization.

EDIT
Nevermind.
I should really read all posts before posting. :/
Post edited June 19, 2017 by Det_Bullock
Looking amazing, can't wait to beta test this! (Well, I guess I can wait...)
Hello there, how are things going? I know everyone is busy. Beta hasn't been released yet correct?
rkinkjr: Hello there, how are things going? I know everyone is busy. Beta hasn't been released yet correct?
Correct. And it will be pre-alpha. :D
There is always something more we want added to the game. One more well-known bug fixed.
I'm sorry for the delay.
As a quick recount of what we are currently doing, Stonky is working on the ISD, JarJarThomas is working on redesigning how the starfield works to increase performance, Ivan just completed version 1 of his new Tug model, Laserschwert and Zeratul have been working like crazy on adding support for the old cutscene system, MajorParts has been reporting bugs, I have been working on bugfixing and supporting extra missions, rigging the ISD...

We have a Trello board that perhaps we could make public so that you people can see what we are working on at the moment. We are discussing that. Also, we are internally discussing what could be a feasible way to do HD versions of the cutscenes. But it's just talk for the moment.

Very soon, you will receive further instructions for testing. I just want to try integrating some instrumentation first before uploading the pre-alpha test build.
rkinkjr: Hello there, how are things going? I know everyone is busy. Beta hasn't been released yet correct?
Azrapse: Correct. And it will be pre-alpha. :D
There is always something more we want added to the game. One more well-known bug fixed.
I'm sorry for the delay.
As a quick recount of what we are currently doing, Stonky is working on the ISD, JarJarThomas is working on redesigning how the starfield works to increase performance, Ivan just completed version 1 of his new Tug model, Laserschwert and Zeratul have been working like crazy on adding support for the old cutscene system, MajorParts has been reporting bugs, I have been working on bugfixing and supporting extra missions, rigging the ISD...

We have a Trello board that perhaps we could make public so that you people can see what we are working on at the moment. We are discussing that. Also, we are internally discussing what could be a feasible way to do HD versions of the cutscenes. But it's just talk for the moment.

Very soon, you will receive further instructions for testing. I just want to try integrating some instrumentation first before uploading the pre-alpha test build.
I, for one, can be patient. I've been wishing for a more modern remake of X-Wing for the past ten years, so having to wait a few more weeks to have the chance to actually try one is no big deal. I am very grateful people significantly more skilled than I are passionate and are putting in so much effort.
rkinkjr: hey all, just wanted to wish everyone happy 4th. seems like a quiet week, everyone hard at working :)
And, where applicable, a happy 1st i.e. Canada Day. ;)
Sorry for the silence.
We keep working on the mod.

Regarding the test, I am quickly integrating some instrumentation so that we get more precise information about which errors are encountered, with which resolutions and input methods, etc. Also, it will let us prioritize what is most urgent or needs more attention, since we will be able to tell what is the most popular resolutions, hardware, framerate, etc.

The game will send this information to one server online, and you will need to login (within the game) with the email address you provided in the application form. This is to keep under control the distribution of the testing build. Please understand that we still have some assets in the game for which we don't have permission to publicly distribute.
The instrumentation routine will not gather any other information that isn't directly provided by Unity.
That's fine with me.
Azrapse: Sorry for the silence.
We keep working on the mod.

Regarding the test, I am quickly integrating some instrumentation so that we get more precise information about which errors are encountered, with which resolutions and input methods, etc. Also, it will let us prioritize what is most urgent or needs more attention, since we will be able to tell what is the most popular resolutions, hardware, framerate, etc.

The game will send this information to one server online, and you will need to login (within the game) with the email address you provided in the application form. This is to keep under control the distribution of the testing build. Please understand that we still have some assets in the game for which we don't have permission to publicly distribute.
The instrumentation routine will not gather any other information that isn't directly provided by Unity.
Yep, that's reasonable for a private beta (alpha?) test. By the way, you guys got some more coverage in the FotG forums. People really dig your work.
Had a nice weekend so far. Watched Rogue One and a New Hope. Gonna watch Empire and Return later this week. Setting my self up for Star Wars X wing demo when ever it's ready for release, lol. Happy holidays everyone.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by rkinkjr
I love what you've done so far. Although, I'd love to see the return of pilot registration, medals, and the concourse. It's all part of the imersion and charm of the game. Even the boring old piloting corse. I'd jist love going through and experiencing X-Wing is all it's new polished glory.