It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rkinkjr: How goes the modeling with y wing and ISD? I use a Logitech Attack 3 joystick which I've been using to play the X wing game series, Logitech G910 keyboard and Logitech G602 mouse which also seems to work well. Was just wondering if they should still work with all the upgrades? Also I plan on getting Track IR and rudders at some point when I can afford them.
I think that the modelling for the ISD is just about done, I'm on to texturing now - I took a brief break to revamp the Y-Wing but I'll be on to finishing up the ISD shortly.!
Det_Bullock: I think I've misread the "quotes", I thought it was Azrapse mentioning the Attack 3 (since he mentioned joysticks other than logitech somehow not working well with unity).
Azrapse: Not "joysticks other than Logitech". I mentioned in particular Thrustmaster.
I have a Thrustmaster joystick and Unity turns crazy when that thing is plugged. The same seems to happen with other to guys in the team. I have been checking online and it seems that Thrustmaster just does something weird with their raw data that Unity cannot understand.
While in any other joystick, analog axes provide values that go from -1 to +1, with zero as neutral, Thrustmasters seem to send +1 for the entire left/down part of the joystick, then from 0.1 to +1 for the right part. Of course, that makes the ship spin like crazy when at neutral, and impossible to steer otherwise.
We need to test the magnitude of this problem during the testing period, to check if it affects all Thrustmaster devices, or even more brands.
I'm unable to replicate this using Input.GetAxis("Horizontal") and Input.GetAxis("Vertical") with my Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X. I get the same values using that as I do with my wired XBox 360 controller, which is the normal [-1, +1] range for both axes.
Azrapse: Not "joysticks other than Logitech". I mentioned in particular Thrustmaster.
I have a Thrustmaster joystick and Unity turns crazy when that thing is plugged. The same seems to happen with other to guys in the team. I have been checking online and it seems that Thrustmaster just does something weird with their raw data that Unity cannot understand.
While in any other joystick, analog axes provide values that go from -1 to +1, with zero as neutral, Thrustmasters seem to send +1 for the entire left/down part of the joystick, then from 0.1 to +1 for the right part. Of course, that makes the ship spin like crazy when at neutral, and impossible to steer otherwise.
We need to test the magnitude of this problem during the testing period, to check if it affects all Thrustmaster devices, or even more brands.
agentrob: I'm unable to replicate this using Input.GetAxis("Horizontal") and Input.GetAxis("Vertical") with my Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X. I get the same values using that as I do with my wired XBox 360 controller, which is the normal [-1, +1] range for both axes.
Great. Then it's not all Thrustmasters!
Laserschwert: I'd love to take care of converting the flight music, but I'm not yet sure when I find time for it (and right now I'm already working on quick versions of the menu and cutscene music, and those will already take sometime). For implementation it should be enough to just create some quick WAVs from the MIDIs and just replace them later on with fancier versions. As long as we decide on the "format" of the WAVs (like 1 second of release trail), that should work.
Azrapse: Hi.
I'm making some tests with fluidsynth and several sound fonts.
Everyone seems to recommend FluidR3 soundfont. These are some fragments with that font (unfortunately they keep the 2 second silence gap at the beginning):
Fluid CR01
Fluid EM11
Fluid RB01
Fluid RB11

Personally, I think that the ChoriumRevA.SF2 soundfont fits much better to X-Wing. These are the same music fragments:
Chorium CR01
Chorium EM11
Chorium RB01
Chorium RB11

What do you think?
The midis should be edited to remove the silence at the beginning, and add a fixed amount of it after it ends to deal with the possible trailing reverb in a better way, as we discussed.
I think the Sonatina_Symphonic_Orchestra.sf2 fits best. It is intended for Symphonic Soundtracks.

Check this video of the Imperial March with that Soundfont: https://youtu.be/EPnDPe1VZgE
Post edited June 15, 2017 by Mindvampire
Azrapse: Hi.
I'm making some tests with fluidsynth and several sound fonts.
Everyone seems to recommend FluidR3 soundfont. These are some fragments with that font (unfortunately they keep the 2 second silence gap at the beginning):
Fluid CR01
Fluid EM11
Fluid RB01
Fluid RB11

Personally, I think that the ChoriumRevA.SF2 soundfont fits much better to X-Wing. These are the same music fragments:
Chorium CR01
Chorium EM11
Chorium RB01
Chorium RB11

What do you think?
The midis should be edited to remove the silence at the beginning, and add a fixed amount of it after it ends to deal with the possible trailing reverb in a better way, as we discussed.
Mindvampire: I think the Sonatina_Symphonic_Orchestra.sf2 fits best. It is intended for Symphonic Soundtracks.

Check this video of the Imperial March with that Soundfont: https://youtu.be/EPnDPe1VZgE
That is a reply to a 4 years old post!

We aren't, at the moment, emitting MIDI streams, but using a system of synthesized digital tracks that Laserschwert creates with professional digital instrument sound banks.

Regardless of that, I truly must be deaf because that video you link sounds to me like one of those little parade orchestras, on a rainy day. :D
Mindvampire: I think the Sonatina_Symphonic_Orchestra.sf2 fits best. It is intended for Symphonic Soundtracks.

Azrapse: That is a reply to a 4 years old post!
Better late than never? ;)
Azrapse: Regardless of that, I truly must be deaf because that video you link sounds to me like one of those little parade orchestras, on a rainy day. :D
:D :D :D

Agreed!
Uggh, YouTube is apparently down. Don't know if this has been brought up before, but your not going to bring in engine wash are you? I never really cared for that in xwa. Plus I was able to sneak up on corvettes that way and just blast at their engines, since it was there blind spot. Just curious. Also how close are you to releasing beta test? You guys are doing awesome work.
YouTube is up now.
Post edited June 16, 2017 by rkinkjr
Sorry, tried to delete last post, wont let me. Just ignore last post of mine. I know you guys are working hard on this.
rkinkjr: Sorry, tried to delete last post, wont let me. Just ignore last post of mine. I know you guys are working hard on this.
No worries - I think that we discussed engine wash at one point and reached the same conclusion.
I really don't mind either way, in XvT annd XWA sneaking on corvettes didn't change that much, even with engine wash you could stay in the blind spot without too much difficulty.

Of course given this projects aim to mimic the balance of the original (even if with improvements) I get not wanting to implement it.
Post edited June 17, 2017 by Det_Bullock
Take a glimpse on the latest changes in this video:

https://youtu.be/5UOGaDhnAhM?list=PLbgwmo6yT9k_PVpqhKYTsLi0Pp9WjpoSf
FekLeyrTarg: Take a glimpse on the latest changes in this video:

WOW, really looks well done. Sorry I don't speak German but I get the jest of this from playing it so much. Really looking forward to the beta test. Nice work!!!
FekLeyrTarg: Take a glimpse on the latest changes in this video:

rkinkjr: WOW, really looks well done. Sorry I don't speak German but I get the jest of this from playing it so much. Really looking forward to the beta test. Nice work!!!
Thanks. :)
I deliberately chose to use my German CD-ROM Edition to show that XWVM supports international versions of X-Wing.
(However, we didn't have the chance to test it with the French CD-ROM Edition yet)
Great work. Very good graphics, superb interpretation of the game's soundtrack and the implementation of TrackIR is unbelievable. And most of all it still feels like X-Wing! On a site node: why does the German version include two different sets of voices for mission briefings?