It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Laserschwert: The current state of the in-flight music:
https://soundcloud.com/laserschwert/x-wing-imuse-mix
Very, very nice! Can I get an endless loop of the proving ground music? It's not really authentic if it actually stops at some point. :D
Laserschwert: The current state of the in-flight music:
https://soundcloud.com/laserschwert/x-wing-imuse-mix
Great work! Great set of instruments and still keeping the essence...
I'm starting to experiment with a process to quickly and efficiently position what will be 100s/1000s of lights.
Attachments:
A little video showing a use for the targeting computer for sniping far away ships, basically:
https://youtu.be/I8W7sljYpec

Also, it has the latest version of the iMUSE music, by Laserschwert.
Post edited March 25, 2017 by Azrapse
Azrapse: A little video showing a use for the targeting computer for sniping far away ships, basically:

The Interceptors seem to be awfully good at evasives. Am I misremembering, or are they too good?
Azrapse: A little video showing a use for the targeting computer for sniping far away ships, basically:

JKing: The Interceptors seem to be awfully good at evasives. Am I misremembering, or are they too good?
They are too good. We need to tone down some aspects of the AI.
They swerve when they see your lasers going straight to their face, when you are "jousting" them, and that could be good enough.
But if you have hit one of them and fire against the same again, they evade as if they feel the laser coming, regardless of the incoming angle. That is too Jedi-like, definitely.
At least, it should be limited to the highest AI rank only.
stonky: ^Agreed. When I first put the X-Wing beside the ISD I thought that the X-Wing was too small in comparison too and that my math was wrong so I double and triple checked it and it seems to check out. I think that part of the issue is that the ISD tends to be underscaled in other games (BF, for example). I've done some more detail work on the rear, see attached (still work to do):
Hello, new to this site. I think this as well too. I'm currently playing TIE Fighter and it seems like they scaled down the Destroyers in that game as well. It might be just me though. In the movie the fighters do look that small when they attack the generators in ROTJ

Very nice details on the targeting computer. Also nice to see the Tie Bomber and Tie Interceptor included now.

Also, one really cool thing I noticed was how you were kind of able to use the cockpit framework to keep the sun's glare to a minimum. Not sure if that's something I've experienced in a game before, least of all a space flightsim.
rkinkjr: Hello, new to this site. I think this as well too. I'm currently playing TIE Fighter and it seems like they scaled down the Destroyers in that game as well. It might be just me though. In the movie the fighters do look that small when they attack the generators in ROTJ
Yeah, the series has a weird history of minor scaling changes iirc. It's also sometimes a little difficult to judge accurately based solely on observation, though you may be right.

Also, pretty sure that scene in RotJ involved Rebel fighters attacking the Executor's (SSD) shield generator.
ender910: Also, pretty sure that scene in RotJ involved Rebel fighters attacking the Executor's (SSD) shield generator.
Yes, it does. Two A-Wings blow up one of the generators, before Green Leader crashes into the bridge.
Out of curiosity I spent the last few days developing / coding an automated pipeline for extracting, converting, re-texturing / re-rigging / re-everything, and importing Star Wars Galaxies into Unity, and it works 100% "as-is", although it would take a few months to truly modernize everything as a lot of what they did back then was rather basic and incomplete. For example the AT-AT's legs where not modeled to ever move, and I won't even go into the feet of the AT-AT, they truly didn't model it to be anything more than a prop. :P
Thing is, now that I have appeased my curiosity, to see if I could do it, that's as far as I go without written permission from the owner "I'm guessing Disney".
Did you get permission from the owner to re-master X-Wing in Unity, to forklift it into another gaming engine?
If so, who would I talk to to get the same permission?
trip1377: Out of curiosity I spent the last few days developing / coding an automated pipeline for extracting, converting, re-texturing / re-rigging / re-everything, and importing Star Wars Galaxies into Unity, and it works 100% "as-is", although it would take a few months to truly modernize everything as a lot of what they did back then was rather basic and incomplete. For example the AT-AT's legs where not modeled to ever move, and I won't even go into the feet of the AT-AT, they truly didn't model it to be anything more than a prop. :P
Thing is, now that I have appeased my curiosity, to see if I could do it, that's as far as I go without written permission from the owner "I'm guessing Disney".
Did you get permission from the owner to re-master X-Wing in Unity, to forklift it into another gaming engine?
If so, who would I talk to to get the same permission?
Hi.
We have no permission at all from Disney to do what we are doing since we don't think what we are doing requires any particular permission.
We aren't breaking the EULA by modding the original game. We aren't modifying the original game file structure (XWVM resides in a different folder), we aren't removing or adding copyright notices, we aren't fooling the user into believing that we are associated with Disney or that we are Disney.
We aren't reusing the models to make any kind of "total conversion" in a third party's game, driving sales for that game.
We aren't redistributing copyrighted assets (the user needs to bring the game assest).
We aren't pursuing any commercial end to this game, neither getting any economical reward from it.
We aren't even putting our names on it (the original credits and logos will not be modified).

The only thing we are doing is providing an executable to the user that he or she can use along with their licensed copy of X-wing to run the missions and play the audios contained in the resource files. Basically, we are modding the game so that our executable runs the game instead of the original executable. We aren't even modifying their executable or incurring in reverse engineering on compiled code.

Finally, nobody can keep us from making XWVM available for download. It contains no copyrighted materials. The name isn't trademarked even. It's useless by itself, but it incurs in no legal offenses.

So, no. We don't have permission. :)
ender910: Also, pretty sure that scene in RotJ involved Rebel fighters attacking the Executor's (SSD) shield generator.
FekLeyrTarg: Yes, it does. Two A-Wings blow up one of the generators, before Green Leader crashes into the bridge.
<cough>Radar Domes</cough>

*runs away
Is there any possibility to put a glass in the cockpit?
On all the videos, when the main star is in sight, I get the impression that there is no windscreen (vaccumscreen may be? :P). Can you put one there which reflects the sunlight through normal-mapping, parallax, or even the specular. Im not an artist either, so I dont really know.

Keep up the good work!.
Post edited April 03, 2017 by kumonko
kumonko: Is there any possibility to put a glass in the cockpit?
On all the videos, when the main star is in sight, I get the impression that there is no windscreen (vaccumscreen may be? :P). Can you put one there which reflects the sunlight through normal-mapping, parallax, or even the specular. Im not an artist either, so I dont really know.

Keep up the good work!.
Some people have expressed both interest and dislike for this idea.
It seems like we are going to have glass in the cockpit windows, with some dirt or scratches near the window frames, but I will try to make sure the 3D artists make it in a way that we can just hide it with an option.
I understand if we can't but any chance we can play a demo before Easter? Just curious.