It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just wanted to post here too. Took some tweaking but my Logitech Attack 3 joystick works pretty good.
Sorry didn't mean to post this twice
Post edited July 26, 2017 by rkinkjr
My logitech attack 3 works real good. I had to do some tweaking at first. Love the game. Only thing I'm not use to is seeing rebel covetts shooting green not red. Other than that completely awesome.
Unfortunately, games seems to be having issues with my X52 Pro... as reported on the bug board, every input, either by analog axis or by digital button, shows a very distinct delay, close to half a second.

If I plug an XBox one controller, response turns back to normal, and of course in any other game X52 works fine, including original X-Wing DOS and Win... latest drivers, Win10 x64

Note also that, with either the gamepad and the hotas, all the POV and the D-Pad are not recognized by the keybinding screen
Antaniserse: Unfortunately, games seems to be having issues with my X52 Pro... as reported on the bug board, every input, either by analog axis or by digital button, shows a very distinct delay, close to half a second.

If I plug an XBox one controller, response turns back to normal, and of course in any other game X52 works fine, including original X-Wing DOS and Win... latest drivers, Win10 x64

Note also that, with either the gamepad and the hotas, all the POV and the D-Pad are not recognized by the keybinding screen
As I was expecting, the input issues are being the most prevalent ones. In part because Unity's default input support is quite lackluster.
There are solutions for this, though. But they involve platform specific, paid-for assets.
We need to study this matter with care.
I tried it for an hour before going to bed (unfortunately lately I have even less time), and while it detects both throttle and stick it can only use one or the other, which mislead me at first.
In the end I just created a modified version of my X-wing profile with all additional axis disabled but for the ministick X axis (labeled as "R" axis) and the throttle axis (labeled of course as "Z" axis) converted to a normal axis instead of a series of keytrokes on a slider and it worked that way, though for some reason it still detected two peripherals, one that of course didn't work and the unified peripheral.
After that it seemed to work fine, though this is the first time that there is still a second peripheral detected while in "mapped mode" (this is how it's called when a profile is active, while "direct mode" is when the peripheral are in default plug&play windows mode) with all functions unified, though now that I think of it perhaps I forgot to disable the ministick button on the throttle (note: as long in the profile there is still something lebeled as "ch control manager device 2" there will still be two peripherals as far as windows is concerned), I don't know if I'll have time today but I'll try to see if it was this or for some reason the game was still detecting two peripherals even though one was ostensibly disabled.

I had a few issues with a 4:3 screen (well, 5:4 technically since it's 1280x1024), at first it was full screen but the FoV was too narrow to see the radar (I had to put it on 80) then when I later went to video options it went to letterbox 16:9 and a lower resolution for some reason but I set it to 1280x800 and dialed down the FoV to around 60 otherwise I couldn't read the CMD very well.

PS: at the moment my internet connection is fairly limited because of a storm that fried the wi-fi hotspot that covered my desktop PC, I had to use my cellphone in wi fi mode to log in but of course data flow is farly limited and I have to keep it for emergencies, it might take a few days before I'm able to post bugs regularly on the bug board, at the moment I'm posting from work.
Post edited July 26, 2017 by Det_Bullock
Anything new to report?
rkinkjr: Anything new to report?
Pre-Alpha test are well underway, with many bugs being reported and improvements being suggested. :)
how to apply for testing??
diggzakk: how to apply for testing??
The application form was open for about a week some month ago. We will have another round of applicants in the near future.
hey there folks. any new updating soon or still in pre alpha testing for awhile?
I've noticed on the Bitbucket issue board there's a mention of a new build... what's the procedure for the alpha-tester, we will receive a new mail with a direct link when it's out?
Post edited August 08, 2017 by Antaniserse
Believe it or not, fixing issues takes its time. Often, way longer than expected.
It's the way this works.

All preAlpha testers will be notified when there is a new build. Also, I will add a feature to the program that will notify when there is a new version available and prompt the user to download it. That will come first with the next build (not present in the current one).

The biggest focus on bugfixing has been the input system and a bit of gameplay problems and balancing. Also, some graphic bugs.
Since this is kind of a flight sim, having lots of unsupported joysticks was a critical issue. We hope that is solved for the next build.

I will have the new version to test this same week. Next week I will be away for the whole week, so that will give enough time to the testers to find problems.

The plan is to repeat this for the upcoming months, slowly adding more features and unlocking more missions and ships to be tested, bugs to be found and fixed.
I just wish I had more time to test it properly, I think I might have clocked two hours in the span of a week. :(
Azrapse: Believe it or not, fixing issues takes its time. Often, way longer than expected.
It's the way this works.

All preAlpha testers will be notified when there is a new build. Also, I will add a feature to the program that will notify when there is a new version available and prompt the user to download it. That will come first with the next build (not present in the current one).

The biggest focus on bugfixing has been the input system and a bit of gameplay problems and balancing. Also, some graphic bugs.
Since this is kind of a flight sim, having lots of unsupported joysticks was a critical issue. We hope that is solved for the next build.

I will have the new version to test this same week. Next week I will be away for the whole week, so that will give enough time to the testers to find problems.

The plan is to repeat this for the upcoming months, slowly adding more features and unlocking more missions and ships to be tested, bugs to be found and fixed.
Awesome, I expected this. I know this will take time. I was just wondering if any future updates or info to be released.
We are reopening the preAlpha Test application form.
If you wish to apply to test the preAlpha Test builds, please fill up this form:

https://goo.gl/forms/TNoBbVvWDUE4XN8w1

Keep in mind that the goal of this is to help with the development of XWVM. It's not a proper demo of the game, and it has really really rough corners, 90% of the functionality is missing, and instead it has tons and tons and tons of bugs.
Please apply only if you are willing to put some time to find problems and report them to the issue tracker.

NOTE: Current preAlpha testers do not need to apply again.
Post edited August 10, 2017 by Azrapse