It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bellosh101: As long as the scripted dialogue during missions is of relatively the same quantity to be found in TF or less, I don't think chattiness should be a concern. However, I do think there should be options to silence either the generic pilot chatter or all the dialogue, just in case somebody wants their XWVM experience to be a little more purist.
Silencing all dialogue would be as simple as lowering the Voice volume level to 0, but that would also remove the original generic chatter ("Roger", "I got' em", "Target destroyed", "Docking operation complete", etc).
About disabling only the new dialogue, we can always add a new preference option somewhere.

In other order of things, expect the first test release download later today or tomorrow. Please, have handy the email address you used to sign into the tester application, since you will need it to run the game.
Sorry I haven't helped much with the mission dialogue lately - real life got busy and complicated (new job, got engaged, etc) but I'll try and take a look and give feedback on all the new dialogue.

Also, definitely looking forward to testing what you guys have so far! Looks like fun!
Azrapse: expect the first test release download later today or tomorrow.
Damn, I'm on a camp. Coming back in a week.. What a pity..
I lost my job a few weeks ago, so I guess the timing is good, sort of? :P
JKing: I lost my job a few weeks ago, so I guess the timing is good, sort of? :P
Sorry to hear that, mate. :(

Well, you all can now check your mail for the download link, and the guide for some instructions to get going.
Please read the guide since it tells you how to report bugs and issues to us, and explains some details of the current build of XWVM.
Awesome, xwvm team. Looking forward to playing it when I get home.
I'm happy to report my Thrustmaster joystick works just fine, though I had to disable the roll axis before I comfortable with how my Y-Wing moved (I've never played a game where the roll axis actually worked, so it was kind of odd).

I'll be sure to report bugs, but I think I'll get X-Wing set up in DOSBox first so I don't report nonsense. :)
JKing: I'm happy to report my Thrustmaster joystick works just fine
- "That's not true! That's impossible!"
Do we need to register on Bitbucket with the same address used to join the alpha or anything goes?

Juts reported an issue in anonymous mode, but since I can't edit/comment further might as well sign up...
Antaniserse: Do we need to register on Bitbucket with the same address used to join the alpha or anything goes?

Juts reported an issue in anonymous mode, but since I can't edit/comment further might as well sign up...
Anonymous is just fine. But if you want to register in BitBucket, you can use whatever you want. Not necessarily the email you used in the test application form.
Don't really have time to test until later tonight when I'm at home but I loaded it up quickly to check out.

Watched 5 seconds of intro, was pleased that it's skippable. Pressed esc and looked at settings, was pleased to find what I was looking for and changed a few things. Launched first Y-Wing historical mission, was pleased to watch myself exit hyperspace and zoom past a planet before getting into range of convoy. Launched a few torpedoes at containers, made a strafing run at BFF-1, turned around, and proceeded to crash into it.

10/10 would crash into things again.

:D
How can I apply for testing? I have centuries of X-Wing game series experience ;).
f3if3i: How can I apply for testing? I have centuries of X-Wing game series experience ;).
Applications were being taken for a relatively short amount of time for the first private testing round. Keep an eye on this thread for any potential future open application periods.
JKing: I'm happy to report my Thrustmaster joystick works just fine, though I had to disable the roll axis before I comfortable with how my Y-Wing moved (I've never played a game where the roll axis actually worked, so it was kind of odd).
My Thrustmaster works fine, as well. The twist axis works as expected.

Working on reproducing a couple of odd behaviors so I can report them.
Just wanted to post here too. Took some tweaking but my Logitech Attack 3 joystick works pretty good.
Sorry didn't mean to post this twice
Post edited July 26, 2017 by rkinkjr