It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maybe someone could do a quick video capture in DOSBox and upload it. Otherwise I'm wasting too much time I'm afraid. Got lots of other projects I need to work on :)
If I remember well, X-Wing has some balance tweaks implemented to reduce frustration on the player. I am pretty sure that:
- No more than 2 different AI laser weapons shoot at the same time against the player.
- No more than 2 missiles are homing at the same time towards the player.

If you are being chased by several enemy fighters that are shooting at you, and you get close to a capital ship, the capital ship's turrets won't shoot at you unless the enemy fighters stop doing so. It's because you can have two fighters shooting at you, one fighter and one turret, or two turrets.
Again, I might have mistaken the particular numbers, but I am pretty sure they were that low.
Hi guys,

for me these settings do the trick (X-Wing Collectors CD), capital ships firing at me correctly.

Cycles: 22000
Core: Auto*
CPU Type: 486_slow*

*Don't know it these settings are important.