It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EDIT: Nevermind - I've figured it out. For whatever reason, the game doesn't like to be installed on D: - I've deleted everything, cleared some space on C:, reinstalled to the default path (C:\TIECD) and everything works flawlessly.

Hi,

Has anyone been able to run the TIE Fighter Collector's CD on original hardware without DOSbox?

I have burned the bin/cue image to a CD-R (renaming game.gog and all that), and installed it. Works just fine so far, however once I start the game (TIE.EXE) it tells me that it doesn't recognize the VESA driver (whether I installed one or not), tells me that high resolution isn't available and then immediately drops me back to the command prompt without attempting to start the game or even access the CD drive from what I can tell.
This happens even when I disable all sound.

The original TIE Fighter floppy disk version works great on the same machine, with MIDI and Soundblaster Pro sound.

Specs:
Pentium 233 MMX
128 MB RAM
DOS 6.22 (64 MB usable, 32 MB EMS)
ATI Rage II (mach64)
TerraTec Base1 (AD1816 chipset), SB Pro compatible, MIDI hooked up via Gameport

Thanks!
Arno
Post edited March 01, 2021 by arnofleck