It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Haven't narrowed down exactly when it happens (possibly only on the Independence) but I keep getting flickers of my desktop appearing during the game in the Windows version

1920x1200 desktop res, Nvidia 670
antherem: Haven't narrowed down exactly when it happens (possibly only on the Independence) but I keep getting flickers of my desktop appearing during the game in the Windows version

I get it too and it's during missions as well. Very frustrating. Sometimes it's just a random icon flashing, but usually it's the whole screen.
I havent had the whole screen, but i have plenty of icons, like my chrome browser icon showing up. is there a config file anywhere to tinker with?
same

did you try and change the output variable?
If your desktop background has been set to change periodically then turn it off. It seems, for me at least, that when ever time something changed on the desktop e.g the wallpaper or a icon in the system tray, it would render over the top of the game resulting in flicker.
Mine did it too, and it turned out it was Rainmeter, which I had installed. I switched it off and problem solved.
I get some flickering if I have applications up on my desktop. Chrome with video playing is particularly offensive. Try minimizing everything before starting up X-Wing.
I have this issue as well on the same resolution. It's only when something on my taskbar updates (usually a steam chat message or something) and flashes it will blink on and off and render on top of the game. It's kind of annoying.
tanuki2k: If your desktop background has been set to change periodically then turn it off. It seems, for me at least, that when ever time something changed on the desktop e.g the wallpaper or a icon in the system tray, it would render over the top of the game resulting in flicker.
I've been having the same flickering issue, and it seems like when my background changes to a new image is when it does it each time in the game.

I'll disable that and see if it works!

Edit:

After I disabled my background shuffle it's a lot better, but it does seem like anytime there's any sort of activity on my desktop it flickers for that, too.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by PBRaymond
tanuki2k: If your desktop background has been set to change periodically then turn it off. It seems, for me at least, that when ever time something changed on the desktop e.g the wallpaper or a icon in the system tray, it would render over the top of the game resulting in flicker.
PBRaymond: I've been having the same flickering issue, and it seems like when my background changes to a new image is when it does it each time in the game.

I'll disable that and see if it works!

Edit:

After I disabled my background shuffle it's a lot better, but it does seem like anytime there's any sort of activity on my desktop it flickers for that, too.
I also disabled my desktop wallpaper rotation and a temp monitor running in the system tray and flew flicker free for a few missions.
antherem: Haven't narrowed down exactly when it happens (possibly only on the Independence) but I keep getting flickers of my desktop appearing during the game in the Windows version

Just a note for anyone trying to find an answer like I was.

I'll add Stardock's Fences 2 as an app that causes flicker in the movies. I have to uncheck enable under basic options prior to running x-wing for this not to happen.
With Rainmeter app and customize your own cool desktop
Attachments: