It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi!
Thought of sharing some experience and tips with some hard missions (at least what I experienced...)

TOD 3 - DeathStar Trench Run
Fire torpedos if possible. Change lasers to Quad. Don´t fire lasers inside the trench, just keep on recharing sheilds.
It was a bit easerier to fly in the top of the trench rater than in the middle. Don´t look down on your keyboard so be sure you know where you have your hands... (I looked down as fast as I could to move from "S" to "Shift + F10" but crached into some objects...)

TOD 4 - Mission 18
Probably the most difficult one so far (this is the latest I have completed).
Even after reading stratergy guide about fire 2 + 6 torpedos it was still hopeless. One reason is that I find it impossible to gun-down a CRV with laser fire under attach from mines and bombers.
I fired two torpedos on the CRV straight a head and the one to the left. Then I told my wing mang to engage the one straight ahead. When the sheilds of that CRV was down I told him to engage the one to the left. When the sheilds where down I disable them with the ion cannon. Then I told my wingman to engage the last CRV, and I engaged the bombers. When his Y-wing was destroyed I fired my 4 remaining torpedos at the CRV and disable it. Then switched to lasers and took on the bombers and finally the mines. Andthen disable the Gunboats. I avoided head on with the shuttels and made a pass around them and fired dubbel shoots until I had destoyed all. After that just watch the capture and the mission was complete. Then I shot down the corvetts.
NOTE :
This is also quite difficult, but it took me just a few attempts. I could not complete the mission with the help/decribtion in the stratergy guide. Right or wrong, I finally get passed this "impossible" mission after A LOT of testing differnt tactics.
Post edited November 27, 2017 by TheCatTudor
Oh god I HATED TOD 4/18 & 19. First these required a B-wing and it's hopeless when your wingman are hopelessly incompetent. They cannot even survive long enough to serve as a distraction!

(4/18) When you've got 16 torpedoes between your Y-wings, it should be easy enough taking down all three corvettes' shields and then disabling them. Problem? Stupid wingman blunders in to point-blank range instead of firing their torpedoes. TIE bombers firing missiles (I've no idea how they lock on when I'm flying around in circles) and if your wingman survives long enough it's only so they can claim one of your disabled corvettes or going for a container... and then stupidly killing himself. And I HATE those shuttles coming in and ramming me.
(4/19) This one's even worse. Stupid gunboats don't obey orders, target mines or corvettes, and they DESTROY enemies you explicitly wanted disabled... causing more to magically appear in spite of your efforts and robbing you of an enemy kill. Without knowing which corvette to disable, this mission is virtually impossible. At least wingmen (who follow orders!) would have allowed for some measure of flexibility.

I also hate gunboats beyond measure... not merely because they just respawn and lob missiles at you, but because I've died more times from those things than anything else. More specifically after they explode and throw their burning wreck right into your path. Just avoiding a deadly collision with those things in flight is bad enough, but having to deal with unpredictable and lethal debris each time they explode... every aspect of these things detract from the game.

TOD? Rescue X-wing pilot. In this mission it's ALL gunboats against your fragile A-wing, everything weighing against you. The gunboats are too slow, you've got no speed control function, they love firing missiles, and they all want to ram into you. Oh and did I mention the lethal debris they throw at you when they explode? Seriously I had full health + primary & secondary shields... how is that STILL not enough?

Ion cannons: I'm alright with how unwieldily these weapons are in exchange for not influencing your laser accuracy, but it's NOT alright that they're lethal against TIE's. So you cannot disable TIE's nor get credit for a kill. The B-wing's ion cannon placement should be switched around with the laser cannons, otherwise I can only ever manage 1/3 hits against a fighter.
Post edited November 28, 2017 by BS_Agincourt
BS_Agincourt: (4/19) This one's even worse. Stupid gunboats don't obey orders, target mines or corvettes, and they DESTROY enemies you explicitly wanted disabled... causing more to magically appear in spite of your efforts and robbing you of an enemy kill. Without knowing which corvette to disable, this mission is virtually impossible. At least wingmen (who follow orders!) would have allowed for some measure of flexibility.
I´m stuck on TOD-19, capture CRV with sheild X. How do you know in advance what CRV it is? I know it is Blade 5, but in my version of the game it seems to move possition. But I have seen YouTube video´s that it is one of the ones to the right from starting possition, at least some times. It moves around though. Maybe that where it is the first time you run the mission?
The farest I have come so far in this mission is that I had actually scanned 4 of 6 CRV`s and fought down all enemy gunboats. Then I fired torbedos on both so their shields went down and then went after the mines. Then I did the catastrophic mistake to not scan the CRV`s before disabling. I disabled the wrong corvete first (50% chance of doing wrong, but Murphys law...) and the transport was of course destroyed by the other corvete.
Guess if I feel "upset" after playing the mission for about 30 minutes (a number of times)...
It is a very, very hard mission, but not impossible.
Help wanted ! :)
Finnaly !
It´s funny how things work out...

Now I passed the mission TOD 4 - 19.
Here is how I did it:

Go towards the CRV`s in front/closest. Put all wingman on "wait". Shoot down the mines and scan the CRV`s. DO NOT FIRE TORPEDOS before scaning. In my case the corvets was Blade 4 and 5. After scaning I disabled Blade 4 and after that I fought against the gunboats until there was no more left. Then disable Blade 5. I had forgotten one mine so I shot it fast as **** so the transport would not be destroyed.
Some more gunboats appear but was no match, it was like one at the time.

I think there is a bug or trick built into this mission. I think if you fire on CRV`s that you have not scaned they will not be Blade 5, unless it is one of the two last and you have scaned all the others. If fired upun it to me looks like blade 5 can end up anywere. I think so because it have happend earlier that I have scaned Blade 4 and guessed the other one is Blade 5 (guessing it was like one of the other times when 4 and 5 was in the same spot) so I head a way and fire torpedos. But once back it was not Blade 5.

Crazy mission.... Glad I passed it now. Could be of course intressting to set off "vulnerable" and just go and scan CRV`s a couple of times and test a bit more.
TheCatTudor: Finnaly !
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but there is method to the madness. While the ship's positions change, you can scroll through your targets in the same order. For instance you have to press 'T' repeatedly and the first corvette to show up on your targeting screen will be Blade 6, followed by Blade 5, ext.

This saved me a lot of time and effort for other missions. The 'rescue prisoners' involves many transports carrying troops and I memorized pressing 'Y' four times to select the first transport and then another seven for the second. It also made the difference for capturing the 'officer' transport in a B-wing mission.

Hope this helps for another play through.