It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have this IBM Think centre with an Intel 82945g express family chipset. Probably integrated. It has a Pentium 4 1.60ghz
and 3GB of Ram. I'm just experemiting on the PC. I already have a gaming PC that can play the latest games in high settings.

Anyways. Like what i try to do with this PCs is try to squeeze all optimal settings it can handle. 2 of the games i'm testing are Morrowind and KOTOR. Two of my favorite games.

Morrowind is able to run at 640x480 and it gets a FPS boost. Its very playable. If i play it at 800x600 it's still playable but there is like 4 - 5 frame drops. So 640 x 480 literally everything is low. The chipset doesn't even have shader support . lol So i'm not even running shaders for the water. I think it only has 1.0. But all that matters is that it's playable.

Now KOTOR is the one that doesn't let me choose 640x480. It can only do 800x600 lowest. But oh man. The FPS is just awful. Playing on lowest setting. I feel like 640x480 would give me a big boost in fps and allow me to maybe use medium textures. Hopefully. lol Those low textures are good in some areas but in some objects it's abysmal. lol

I already tried going into the ini files. Running compability settings. Running different color modes. Nothing works. I really would like to find a way to run the game at 640x480. Thank yuuuuuu.
Have you tried it windowed? I seem to remember it defaults to 640x480 in windowed mode.
gMemo92: … Now KOTOR is the one that doesn't let me choose 640x480. It can only do 800x600 lowest. … I really would like to find a way to run the game at 640x480. …
For my system, there are only two native resolutions to choose from in the game, being 800×600 and 1024×768.

edit: maybe the game only provides verified (by its internal check) resolutions?

Anyway, have you tried updating the KOTOR.INI file with:

[Graphics Options]
Height=480
Width=640

(fresh out of install there may not be a [Display Options] section so perhaps add it):

[Display Options]
Width=640
Height=480
Post edited April 27, 2019 by scientiae