It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does this release support the Xbox 360 controller? If not, are there any plans to support it?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Probably not. Older PC games didn't have the Games for Windows symbol, and no built-in 360 controller support.

You could probably achieve some success with a program like Xpadder or Joy2Key, which remaps your gamepad buttons as keyboard keys, but it won't be perfect.
Zeus: Probably not. Older PC games didn't have the Games for Windows symbol, and no built-in 360 controller support.

You could probably achieve some success with a program like Xpadder or Joy2Key, which remaps your gamepad buttons as keyboard keys, but it won't be perfect.
Other than the racing and occasional space fire fight I can't imagine how a controller would be any help.
Zeus: Probably not. Older PC games didn't have the Games for Windows symbol, and no built-in 360 controller support.

tinyE: Other than the racing and occasional space fire fight I can't imagine how a controller would be any help.
it vibrates!
tinyE: Other than the racing and occasional space fire fight I can't imagine how a controller would be any help.
Sachys: it vibrates!
I turn that off. I goes through the batteries too fast.
Sachys: it vibrates!
tinyE: I turn that off. I goes through the batteries too fast.
im surprised you dont have it mains-wired already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35yuH82imq8

(sorry, couldnt find the english language clip)

I sit on my couch and play PC games on my TV. A mouse and keyboard isn't really practical.
haleon: I sit on my couch and play PC games on my TV. A mouse and keyboard isn't really practical.
Oh, I guess it wouldn't. My bad. :P
Gaming on a keyboard is giving me carpal tunnel syndrome.
haleon: Does this release support the Xbox 360 controller? If not, are there any plans to support it?
No native support for the Xbox 360 controller, or any controller. There are a couple of profiles for Pinnacle on their site, but I haven't really tried it much yet. If you don't have a copy of Pinnacle, you could use the trial to work out the keybindings and use that in something like XPadder or JoyToKey, which still have free (albeit older) versions floating around.

Flynn
Post edited November 03, 2014 by FlynnArrowstarr
I wish they'd update these games with gamepad support. After playing it on xbox 360 with controller, I just couldn't get into KoTOR 2 (from Steam allied to Restored Content mod) on PC.

I had hoped that GOG version would be different. No double dipping then.

Also, thanks to those who suggested alternatives; I will check them out soon but IIRC not a lot fans for Xpadder for this and KoTOR II.
i-Lo: I wish they'd update these games with gamepad support. After playing it on xbox 360 with controller, I just couldn't get into KoTOR 2 (from Steam allied to Restored Content mod) on PC.

I had hoped that GOG version would be different. No double dipping then.

Also, thanks to those who suggested alternatives; I will check them out soon but IIRC not a lot fans for Xpadder for this and KoTOR II.
I used XPadder for a while, but picked up a copy of Pinnacle on a summer sale for $5. It has a number of improved options over the free version of XPadder. I haven't used the most recent version of XPadder, so I don't know if it now has comparable features. Primarily I use Pinnacle with a custom profile for Minecraft, to make the controls similar to the console version, including some additions to work with a couple of mods the wife and I use. =)

Flynn
haleon: Does this release support the Xbox 360 controller? If not, are there any plans to support it?
FlynnArrowstarr: No native support for the Xbox 360 controller, or any controller. There are a couple of profiles for Pinnacle on their site, but I haven't really tried it much yet. If you don't have a copy of Pinnacle, you could use the trial to work out the keybindings and use that in something like XPadder or JoyToKey, which still have free (albeit older) versions floating around.

Flynn
I tried this but it blew my mind after a few minutes, so I just meh and went back to mouse and keyboard lol.
Aran_Linvail: I tried this but it blew my mind after a few minutes, so I just meh and went back to mouse and keyboard lol.
Mouse + Keyboard on this game isn't too bad. The one I really hate m+k controls for is Dragon Age II. It was so made for a console controller that it feel like I have to constantly fight the controls to play. And, of course, no native controller support.

Flynn
Aran_Linvail: I tried this but it blew my mind after a few minutes, so I just meh and went back to mouse and keyboard lol.
FlynnArrowstarr: Mouse + Keyboard on this game isn't too bad. The one I really hate m+k controls for is Dragon Age II. It was so made for a console controller that it feel like I have to constantly fight the controls to play. And, of course, no native controller support.

Flynn
I sufered trying to get my generic controller to work with a Pinnacle config, yet the fact that it isn't an Xbox controller seems to be determinant: it jus't wouldn't work well, so i just had to play it with m&k. Still, it wasn't THAT bad to play it that way, but yeah. I felt lik I was playing something along the lines of RE4, just a consolde port.