It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KainXVIII: So, anyone figured how to maintain aspect ration on 16:9 monitors with dgvoodoo so image is not stretched? And how to get smooth 60 fps, because its wonky for me right now (like 30 or lower)..
teleguy: Nvidia
Select "Unspecified" as scaling method in dgVoodooSetup and force the correct aspect ratio from the Nvidia Controlpanel

AMD/Intel
Not possible (at least for now)
Thanks, i will try it.
upd - and it works! (if only we can enlarge HUD on high resolutions..)
Post edited December 05, 2015 by KainXVIII
Does anybody know why the retexture mod would be putting all the wrong textures on everything? The new models from Jedi Knight Enhanced show up and look great, but the textures on everything else seem to be wrong - most walls are covered with something random tiled over and over again. Some display panels and switches seem to just be coloured squares now. Any idea why this might happen? I'm on Windows 10.
Good Morning!

I'm hoping somebody can give me a hand with this. I've browsed through the thread and tried all of the various solutions I've seen offered, but I'm getting nowhere.

In short, I'm having the 3d acceleration issue that everybody deals with.

I'm on a new laptop that I just purchased. Specs follow:

Alienware 15
16 GB RAM
Intel Core i7-6820HK
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980m (8MB) (361.43 Drivers 12/21/15)
Intel HD Graphics 530 (Integrated)
HD Display (3840 x 2160 Native Resolution)
Windows 10 (Home)

I'm set up the Nvidia Control Panel to switch to the NVIDIA card when launching the game, but honestly it doesn't seem to matter if I use the Nvidia Card or the integrated display adapter - the effects are always the same.

[Base Install (No Mods):

3d acceleration enabled - Game launches, cutscene plays, game loads - HUD/Black Screen.

3d acceleration disabled - Game launches, cutscene plays, game loads, HUD and non-accelerated game display properly.

Using Mods from JKDF2.Com:

First Method: DDRAW.DLL JK/MotS 3D Acelleration Fix - ddraw_(hack_viewport3_clear2).zip

I install the ddraw wrapper into the base installation directory for MotS and launch.

3d acceleration enabled - Game launches, cutscene plays, game loads, - HUD/Black Screen. (No change)

3d acceleration disabled - Game launches, cutscene plays, game loads, HUD and non-accelerated game display
properly.

Second Method: DGVoodoo v2.42 D3DIMM.DLL + DDRAW.DLL DirectX/Direct3D Wrapper

I remove the ddraw wrapper from the previous method prior to installing the ddraw wrapper from method 2, and DGVoodoo v.2.42.

3d acceleration enabled: Game launches. Display settings show no resolutions available above 320x240 (ModeX) w/3d acceleration enabled. Cutscene Plays, game attempts to load and either crashes (JKM.exe has stopped working), or displays an in-game error indicating that there isn't enough memory for this display mode. After hitting OK, it gives another message saying that no functional display mode is found, and crashes. I've tried monkeying around a bit with the DGVoodoo Control Panel, but haven't gotten anywhere.

3d acceleration disabled - Game launches, cutscene plays, game loads, HUD and non-accelerated game display
properly.

Third Method: JK Unofficial Patch Version 2010-06-19 (TESTING ONLY RELEASE) "32-bit Display Mode Patch"

(Will this method work in a 64-bit operating system?) I remove the files from the previous installation method prior to testing this one.

I install ONLY the ddraw wrapper (not worried about the crosshairs), and launch.

It crashes immediately, as expected.

So..I'm stumped.

The oddball thing is - I've got the game working in my Steam install. The fix there involved copying over DDraw.dll and D3Dlmm.dll. This worked for steam. Unfortunately, copying over those same files to the GOG version of MoTS just causes the launcher to crash.

I had also read in another thread that renaming or removing the winmm.dll file fixed the issue for some users of WIndows 10, but I found that had no effect for me.

So - any ideas? Is there any other information I can provide that would be useful in troubleshooting? Thanks for any help you can offer.

I know I can technically play the game in Steam, but I'd prefer to get the GOG version working if I can.
Post edited December 27, 2015 by sladerlmc77
sladerlmc77: Second Method: DGVoodoo v2.42 D3DIMM.DLL + DDRAW.DLL DirectX/Direct3D Wrapper

I remove the ddraw wrapper from the previous method prior to installing the ddraw wrapper from method 2, and DGVoodoo v.2.42.

3d acceleration enabled: Game launches. Display settings show no resolutions available above 320x240 (ModeX) w/3d acceleration enabled. Cutscene Plays, game attempts to load and either crashes (JKM.exe has stopped working), or displays an in-game error indicating that there isn't enough memory for this display mode. After hitting OK, it gives another message saying that no functional display mode is found, and crashes. I've tried monkeying around a bit with the DGVoodoo Control Panel, but haven't gotten anywhere.

properly.
2.42 is pretty outdated. The resolution issues have been fixed since then. Just get the newest version.

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2.html
That was absolutely the solution! I can't believe I didn't notice there was a new version available. Thanks so much for your help! I've been knocking my head against the desk for the last two days trying to make this work!
Hey guys , nice to see dark forces 2 being revived by GOG.........however i can't for the life of me get rid of the following error :

The application failed to start correctly ( 0cx0000022 ) on my WINDOWS 10 X64 admin user account

I guess it's about some .dll access issue.
Anyways , if anyone can shed some light over this , PLEASE , do so as i really want to play this hidden gem of a game.
Any help is greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!
Post edited December 31, 2015 by Razorfist2016
Razorfist2016: Hey guys , nice to see dark forces 2 being revived by GOG.........however i can't for the life of me get rid of the following error :

The application failed to start correctly ( 0cx0000022 ) on my WINDOWS 10 X64 admin user account

Anyways , if anyone can shed some light over this , PLEASE , do so as i really want to play this hidden gem of a game.
Try deleting or renaming Winmm.dll. If that works you may have to download the newest installer from GOG (which should include a fixed Winmm.dll) and reinstall the game.
Post edited December 31, 2015 by teleguy
Thanks for the reply man.........however i'm getting the same error despite renaming / deleting winmm.dll.

Also i'm using the 2.0.0.6.exe setup for jedi knight and that's the latest one if i'm not wrong.........

FYI i even used the jkdf2.net setup which they provide over there but with the same damn error
and the absolute mind boggling thing is all my other 2 dozen 90's games run just fine.
Post edited December 31, 2015 by Razorfist2016
Anybody successfully running jedi knight on windows 10 x64 with an amd gfx card ???

If not , i might as well go back to windows 7 as i had my reservations about win 10 anyways........
I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with DGVoodoo and installed JK Enhanced and the texture packs (after a lot of searching and trial and error) but now the game keeps crashing on me as soon as the cut scene where you blow the droids arm off finishes.

Grrr!
Post edited January 03, 2016 by ChristopherRobin
ChristopherRobin: I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with DGVoodoo and installed JK Enhanced and the texture packs (after a lot of searching and trial and error) but now the game keeps crashing on me as soon as the cut scene where you blow the droids arm off finishes.

Grrr!
is your os windows 10 x64 ?
Yes. Win 10 x 64
Nvidia GPU

This isn't the only old game I've had problems with after upgrading to Win 10 either. Things like this make me think twice before buying games on GOG now.
Post edited January 03, 2016 by ChristopherRobin
ChristopherRobin: Yes. Win 10 x 64
Nvidia GPU

This isn't the only old game I've had problems with after upgrading to Win 10 either. Things like this make me think twice before buying games on GOG now.
well unlike your situation , this is the only game i can't play on win 10 but if i said that trying to even start this game for 3-4 days consumed a part of my soul , that'll be somewhat of an understatement.

I even mailed gog for the same but apparently they can't deal with dark forces 2 either :(
Post edited January 03, 2016 by Razorfist2016
Game runs now !!!!!!!!!
Razorfist2016: Hey guys , nice to see dark forces 2 being revived by GOG.........however i can't for the life of me get rid of the following error :

teleguy: Try deleting or renaming Winmm.dll. If that works you may have to download the newest installer from GOG (which should include a fixed Winmm.dll) and reinstall the game.
Hey , i'm the one with that 0xc0000022 error that just wouldn't go until ......................................... i enabled direct play under legacy components in the turn windows features on/off option in control panel's add/remove tab.

The reason i mention this to you is coz i've seen your posts quite frequently on gog and steam , so if you come across some poor lad just spread the word and i'll do the same as well.

Also booting the game (for first time only ) in win 95 mode doesn't hurt either.
Post edited January 09, 2016 by Razorfist2016
So, I just purchased this game off gog and downloaded it today and I found I didn't have any need for patches. I guess gog took these patches and added the files to their installation download package?

My computer is win 7 and has amd graphics card.