It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thank you very much, works like a charm.
teleguy: IIRC it's 1.3.0.

New versions of WinD3D are problematic for the following reason.

By putting the dll files into the game directory wines ddraw.dll replaces Microsofts. Wine uses OpenGL however Microsoft didn't properly implement certain functions in Opengl32.dll but instead emulates them through ddraw.

So the game calls ddraw.dll (Wine), ddraw.dll (Wine) calls Opengl32.dll, Opengl32.dll calls ddraw.dll (Wine), ddraw.dll (Wine) calls Opengl32.dll and so on resulting in an infinite loop.

Apparently these functions are not used in older versions of Wine. For some reason you can make new versions of WineD3D work by using 256 color compatibility mode however this causes issues with certain games.
That's interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for the info!
I have question how am I supposed to install this patch,do I need to have DGVoodoo installed if so where do I install it because when I just extract the contents of patches into my Jedi Knight and MOTS folder all it does is make so I can't select 3D acceleration in the display option because the box just disappears.The menu and everything is still in full screen but only shows in the upper left hand corner of the screen and the cut scenes don't work. What am I supposed to do to get this to work. By the way I am on Windows 7 (64-Bit) with an AMD Radeon HD 3400 series video card.
Maxrebo2: I have question how am I supposed to install this patch,do I need to have DGVoodoo installed if so where do I install it because when I just extract the contents of patches into my Jedi Knight and MOTS folder all it does is make so I can't select 3D acceleration in the display option because the box just disappears.The menu and everything is still in full screen but only shows in the upper left hand corner of the screen and the cut scenes don't work. What am I supposed to do to get this to work. By the way I am on Windows 7 (64-Bit) with an AMD Radeon HD 3400 series video card.
Is this a HD 3450/3470 or a Mobility Radeon HD 3400?
I don't think it's the mobility since its a desktop not a laptop.
Can you post a GPU-Z screenshot?
Here you go
Attachments:
Your card supports DirectX 10.1 so that's not the reason it doesn't work.

I would uninstall the game, delete all the remaining patch files then reinstall the game and try if you can enable 3D acceleration just with dgvoodoo. There's also a newer version available than the one used in the patch.

http://dege.freeweb.hu/
I have clean install already and I can actually enable 3D Acceleration right off the bat without dgvoodoo or the patch.The issue is I need this patch in order to use JKE.I don't know if there is bug in the patch that was causing my issues with it or I wasn't installing right,because I am guessing I need dgvoodoo installed somewhere in order for the patch to work properly but I don't know where I should put it.
To install dgVoodoo just copy D3DImm.dll, DDraw.dll and dgVoodooSetup.exe to the game directory. Run dgVoodooSetup, select the game folder by clicking on".\" and check that "Disable and passthru to real DirectX" is not ticked and the "dgVoodoo Virtual 3D Accelerated Card" is selected.

Which patches did you install in what order? Some JK patches come with an old version of ddraw.dll that no longer works with AMD gpus. Make sure it didn't overwrite dgVoodoo's ddraw.dll.

I assume you followed the instructions in this thread?
http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_dark_forces_series/dark_forces_ii_jedi_knight_enhanched_mod_installation_tutorial/page1

There's also a thread about using JK Enhanced with the GoG version of JK at jkhub:
http://www.jkhub.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3238

You said you can already enable 3D acceleration. In that case try installing JKE without dgVoodoo/JK Ultimate patch.
See: https://steamcommunity.com/app/32380/discussions/0/619574421426511905/
DgVoodoo is only needed to fix problems with 3D acceleration.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by teleguy
I tried the ultimate patch with dgvoodoo installed correctly same issue.So I uninstalled the game and made a clean install and tried following the instructions in that thread for JKE and it doesn't work the changes don't take effect its still just the vanilla game.The problem is JKE requires the unofficial patch and that is included with the ultimate patch and the ultimate patch doesn't work for me.Its also borks up my install when I try to just install the unofficial patch separately.
Post edited July 28, 2020 by nsg15
I just tried the AMD fix to see if that would fix my issue and no luck.Does anyone have an idea what could be causing these issues and how to fix it. I just really wanna enjoy the game with the all the upgrades and not have my menu only show up in the upper left corner of my monitor and lose the cut scenes.
Last month I got half way through the game using the jkultimate15.zip patch to remove visual problem when running the game in 3d accelerated mode. Today I find I am unable to start the game. So backup my saves and try to re install it. Only to find I get a warning of a trogen in d3dimm.dll in the patch zip file. I went to see if I could download the patch again but the link is down. Does anyone else have this issue.
Strider2121: Last month I got half way through the game using the jkultimate15.zip patch to remove visual problem when running the game in 3d accelerated mode. Today I find I am unable to start the game. So backup my saves and try to re install it. Only to find I get a warning of a trogen in d3dimm.dll in the patch zip file. I went to see if I could download the patch again but the link is down. Does anyone else have this issue.
http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=756&section=downloads