It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

(Copy pasted from a friend)
It's both encouraging and nervewracking to see your update today. Many people have a lot of love for this old game, enjoying it on many levels...from an occasional playthrough for nostalgia's sake...to a persistent competitive community that has played in tournaments and other competitions since this game came back out in 2005.

It is this dedicated community that has carried the weight of keeping this game alive for the last decade or so. Bringing this game onto Steam servers was a big change, and in a way, allowed for a revival of the game's playerbase. So while the community's server owners, modders, and players have come to expect to have to bear the brunt of the load of keeping the game alive....we are aware of the good that can come of updates.

That being said, today is not an example of positive change for the game. Today's update broke a lot of ingame settings, player-made mods, and quality of life expectations. As tantalizing as it is for there to be new updates to a beloved, old, game...this feels like a large step back for the game rather than representing forward or negligible change. Please revert the update made to the game earlier today.

I'd invite the devs to engage community feedback before making changes like the one today. People have strong opinions about what should and shouldn't be done with the game. In fact, if there's bandwidth to spend time on this game...I'm certain that the modding and competitive scenes would want to partner towards future updates. While you aren't forcibly obliged to do so, it is without question the only way to ensure the longevity of this game.

-Kalkoon
circles308: (Copy pasted from a friend)
It's both encouraging and nervewracking to see your update today. Many people have a lot of love for this old game, enjoying it on many levels...from an occasional playthrough for nostalgia's sake...to a persistent competitive community that has played in tournaments and other competitions since this game came back out in 2005.

It is this dedicated community that has carried the weight of keeping this game alive for the last decade or so. Bringing this game onto Steam servers was a big change, and in a way, allowed for a revival of the game's playerbase. So while the community's server owners, modders, and players have come to expect to have to bear the brunt of the load of keeping the game alive....we are aware of the good that can come of updates.

That being said, today is not an example of positive change for the game. Today's update broke a lot of ingame settings, player-made mods, and quality of life expectations. As tantalizing as it is for there to be new updates to a beloved, old, game...this feels like a large step back for the game rather than representing forward or negligible change. Please revert the update made to the game earlier today.

I'd invite the devs to engage community feedback before making changes like the one today. People have strong opinions about what should and shouldn't be done with the game. In fact, if there's bandwidth to spend time on this game...I'm certain that the modding and competitive scenes would want to partner towards future updates. While you aren't forcibly obliged to do so, it is without question the only way to ensure the longevity of this game.

-Kalkoon
I agree with you. They really did take a step backwards with a game that was perfect the way it was. It seems they tried to add/fix controller support and ended up messing up the keyboard settings. For example, I use the mouse wheel up to change secondary weapons and down for primary. Well, no matter what I do and what keys I bind WHEEL UP changes both. I even removed all binding for the wheel and it still changes it. Screwed up.

THE ONLY THING THIS GAME EVER NEEDED WAS MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT. NOTHING ELSE! NOOB DEVS!
What was the update? today there was another update was it changed back? There are no patch notes.PC Gamer saiod the update was rolled back on Steam. I don't know about here though!
Post edited February 10, 2021 by smuggly
smuggly: What was the update? today there was another update was it changed back? There are no patch notes.PC Gamer saiod the update was rolled back on Steam. I don't know about here though!
It was updated back. I had a post on Steam that must have hit a nerve as it was deleted by mod. I accused them of allowing some fired Project Red employee they hired to work with a game he couldn't mess up.

I also brought up how suspicious it is the amount of "update" work being done on a $5 and 15 year old game.

Could EA be throwing them money and favors to bring down a game that is a superior design to there own or putting pressure on Steam/GOG... it's not unheard of!.

There is no Gaming Industry anymore, it's part of the Entertainment Industry now and there are CEO who need to get paid millions to do nothing.