It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bonjour, je me retrouve face à un problème.
Je ne suis pas un habituer des forums et je ne suis pas très bon en informatique. C'est pourquoi je suis là d'ailleurs.
Veuillez m'en excuser.

Explications : J'achète le jeux Star Wars Battlefront II (Classic, 2005) sur GOG.Games, je le télécharge puis l'installe.
Et lorsque je vais pour lancer le jeu, un message d'erreur apparait.
"L'application n'a pas réussi à démarrer correctement (0xc000007b). Cliquez sur Ok pour fermer l'application"
Et c'est tout..
J'ai tenter de contacter le support technique, mais, je dois attendre 2 semaines avant que quelqu'un puisse me répondre.
Puis un message automatique de leur part, m'as rediriger ici ou je l'espère, quelqu'un pourras m'aider à régler mon soucis..
Je précise que je suis sur Windows 10 en 64bits. .Net Framework est à jour, et les pilotes le sont aussi normalement..
J'ai essayer de réinstaller le jeu et de redémarrer mon pc, sans succès..

Hello, I find myself facing a problem.
I am not used to forums and am not very good at computers. That's why I'm here elsewhere.
Please excuse me.

Explanations: I buy the Star Wars Battlefront II (Classic, 2005) game on GOG.Games, I download it and then install it.
And when I go to launch the game, an error message appears.
"The application failed to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click on Ok to close the application"
And that's all..
I tried to contact technical support, but, I have to wait 2 weeks before someone can answer me.
Then an automatic message from them, redirected me here or I hope someone can help me solve my problem.
I specify that I am on Windows 10 in 64bits. .Net Framework is up to date, and so are the drivers.
I tried to reinstall the game and restart my pc, without success ..
I specify that I am not an English speaker, so I use Google translation to communicate in English.
If my English is imperfect, I apologize.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Luchat1: Bonjour, je me retrouve face à un problème.
Je ne suis pas un habituer des forums et je ne suis pas très bon en informatique. C'est pourquoi je suis là d'ailleurs.
Veuillez m'en excuser.

Explications : J'achète le jeux Star Wars Battlefront II (Classic, 2005) sur GOG.Games, je le télécharge puis l'installe.
"L'application n'a pas réussi à démarrer correctement (0xc000007b). Cliquez sur Ok pour fermer l'application"
Et c'est tout..
J'ai tenter de contacter le support technique, mais, je dois attendre 2 semaines avant que quelqu'un puisse me répondre.
Puis un message automatique de leur part, m'as rediriger ici ou je l'espère, quelqu'un pourras m'aider à régler mon soucis..
Je précise que je suis sur Windows 10 en 64bits. .Net Framework est à jour, et les pilotes le sont aussi normalement..

I am not used to forums and am not very good at computers. That's why I'm here elsewhere.
Please excuse me.

Explanations: I buy the Star Wars Battlefront II (Classic, 2005) game on GOG.Games, I download it and then install it.
"The application failed to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click on Ok to close the application"
And that's all..
I tried to contact technical support, but, I have to wait 2 weeks before someone can answer me.
Then an automatic message from them, redirected me here or I hope someone can help me solve my problem.
I specify that I am on Windows 10 in 64bits. .Net Framework is up to date, and so are the drivers.
I specify that I am not an English speaker, so I use Google translation to communicate in English.
Something tells me this is a Windows problem, not a BF2,

Was your Windows 10 an upgrade from a previous version or a clean install?

This problem sometimes happens due to 32/64-bit mismatches of various system dll files.

Check your versions of Microsoft Visual C++, .NET Framework and Direct X.

What are your graphic card specs?
Luchat1: Bonjour, je me retrouve face à un problème.
Veuillez m'en excuser.

Et c'est tout..

Please excuse me.

And that's all..
xtharpe: Something tells me this is a Windows problem, not a BF2,

Was your Windows 10 an upgrade from a previous version or a clean install?

This problem sometimes happens due to 32/64-bit mismatches of various system dll files.

Check your versions of Microsoft Visual C++, .NET Framework and Direct X.

What are your graphic card specs?
I don't understand your question, I'm sorry ...

I have check for .NET Frameworks, I will check for the other two.

I don't know at all, like I said, I have little computer skills. Where can I find this information?
I just checked out DirectX and Microsoft Visual C ++. And everything is up to date ...
Just a question, what version of Microsoft Visual C ++ should I have?
Luchat1: Just a question, what version of Microsoft Visual C ++ should I have?
I don't know but the versions exist side-by-side.

Frankly, I think there is a problem with your windows installation, it may have 32 bit dlls floating around that the prog is trying to use.

What are your graphic card specifications?
Luchat1: Just a question, what version of Microsoft Visual C ++ should I have?
xtharpe: I don't know but the versions exist side-by-side.

Frankly, I think there is a problem with your windows installation, it may have 32 bit dlls floating around that the prog is trying to use.

Ok .. and would you know how to fix this problem if it is this one?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 ... Hope this is the information you want.
xtharpe: I don't know but the versions exist side-by-side.

Luchat1: Ok .. and would you know how to fix this problem if it is this one?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 ... Hope this is the information you want.
Do you have any problems with other games?
This is the very first time this problem has arisen.
[url=https://www.techjunkie.com/application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc000007b/#:~:text=Fixing%20%E2%80%98The%20application%20was%20unable%20to%20start%20correctly,this%20issue.%203%20Fixing%20Microsoft%20C%2B%2B%20Files.%20]https://www.techjunkie.com/application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc000007b/#:~:text=Fixing%20%E2%80%98The%20application%20was%20unable%20to%20start%20correctly,this%20issue.%203%20Fixing%20Microsoft%20C%2B%2B%20Files.%20[/url]
Post edited October 18, 2020 by xtharpe
xtharpe: [url=https://www.techjunkie.com/application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc000007b/#:~:text=Fixing%20%E2%80%98The%20application%20was%20unable%20to%20start%20correctly,this%20issue.%203%20Fixing%20Microsoft%20C%2B%2B%20Files.%20]https://www.techjunkie.com/application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc000007b/#:~:text=Fixing%20%E2%80%98The%20application%20was%20unable%20to%20start%20correctly,this%20issue.%203%20Fixing%20Microsoft%20C%2B%2B%20Files.%20[/url]
Thanks for your help, but tech support answered me and it was a concern I didn't understand with DirectX.
Thanks again, and have a good day.