Here's a link
to recently released 0.7.0 rc1 version of the game. Changelog:
- Remixes are now selectable from the setup menu
- "Safe mode", which will ignore settings. Useful if you've somehow
wrecked your configuration files.
- Added --addondir commandline option - Mika
- Added --keepaspectratio to keep correct aspect ratio when using
custom resolutions in OpenGL mode - Mika
- New addon machanism allows greater flexibility for selecting which
resource goes with which game element.
- Joystick text input improved
- Unicode strings now could theoretically support UCS-4 on all platforms
- Experimental support for Symbian S60 3rd edition - Mika & SvdB
- Support for Windows CE. - SvdB with Pavel Chernikov
- Added fullscreen/windowed toggle key F11 (bug #578) - Mika
- Support for 3do "ship spin" videos
BALANCE/GAME FLOW CHANGES
- Do not match singular stars when given a prefix in star search
- Properly account for simultaneous destruction in SuperMelee.
- Druuge no longer turn hostile after attempting a salvage
- Canceling load from the main menu returns to main menu
- Better location description in savegame summaries
- Fixed Mmrnmhrm's X-Form transformation without energy use (bug #1004) - Alex
- 999.9:999.9 is now reachable in HyperSpace
- Fuel and distance estimates are now more accurate
- Analog joysticks less sensitive to jitter
- Gas giants can no longer have negative masses
- Fixed enemy ships getting recrewed between encounters in HyperSpace
- Fixed wrong Sa-Matra guards icons after Kohr-Ah win (bug #1001) - Alex
- Cancel key will now quit out of the Manifest Menu (Bug #838) - Michael
- Error boxes on MacOSX are now actually native to the OS - no need to check
- Old Windows installer was horribly obsolete; fixed now.
- Fixed rendering error when entering the orbit of a shielded planet
- Fixed planet blinking when exiting scan
- Menu sounds restored after editing a control set name.
- Fixed a freeze when quickly escaping melee.
- Fixed misaligned cargo count
- Fixed a crash when filling fuel tanks over 10
- Comm code rewrite, fixing a lot of minor annoyances
- Team configuration in netplay no longer desyncs
- Fixed Melee menu timeout when both sides are Cyborgs
- Fixed AI ship not moving on warp in
- Revert gfx settings entirely when a mode switch fails
- Fix for weird colors problem on MacOSX w/ SDL 1.2.14
- Lander will no longer hang when killed on planets with a lot of
- Fixed crash when saving a game into the last slot while having
too many devices on board
- Fixed crashes and potential weirdness when loading savegames from
a Homeworld encounter screen
- Fixed a crash when conversing with music disabled
- Extremely busy battle sequences (Orz vs. Orz with many space marines
out, for instance) no longer introduces graphical glitches
- Fixed rendering bug that would occasionally make a ship just be solid
blue all the time
- Objects in melee made of multiple "parts" no longer jitter during zoom
- Ending a battle with a simultaneous death no longer triggers an
- Fixed a crash on startup if uqm.cfg did not exist
- Extremely rapid key presses will no longer be lost at low framerates
- 3DO videos now work after a resolution change
- OpenGL texture loading uses surface pitch instead of screen width,
improving compatibility across older graphics cards.
- Miscellaneous conversational typo and timing fixes
- Code cleanup; many warnings removed
- Massive changes to the way the resource system works. This is
mostly interesting in that 3DO voices, 3DO videos, and 3DO music
are now addon packs like any other.
- Code reorganization; old stuff removed, new stuff better set-up
- 32-bit graphics everywhere internally.
- Refactored universe generation
- Pthread support - Mika
- Removed the 256-frame limit on .ani files - Michael