It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On my Viewsonic 22" monitor the game just looks a little blurry at the non-native resolution of 1280x1024, and 1600x1200 is too high.
Would like to know if there are any ways to force a resolution via config file or something??
This question / problem has been solved by h0w1erimage
custardcream: On my Viewsonic 22" monitor the game just looks a little blurry at the non-native resolution of 1280x1024, and 1600x1200 is too high.
Would like to know if there are any ways to force a resolution via config file or something??

Looks like Spellforce1 isn't able to run in widescreen mode. I'll try to find some solution.
Post edited February 25, 2009 by Grah
Don't know if will work with GOG version, but:
U need to run "SpellForce.exe -window" but before paste the following into the config.lua between Screenresolution and }:
WindowWidth = 1280,
WindowHeight = 800,
Use any values you like.
eurk, windowed mode only?? :(
is it a borderless window or do i have to suffer looking at the window borders whilst playing?
At least it started for you, true Im usign the Demo 2 and not the GOG release, but if I select 1600x1200 in the options it just says my 24" monitor doesnt support that resolution and quits.
h0w1ers tip helps, cheers, but having to run it in unvolentary window mode feels a bit so so.
jema: At least it started for you, true Im usign the Demo 2 and not the GOG release, but if I select 1600x1200 in the options it just says my 24" monitor doesnt support that resolution and quits.
h0w1ers tip helps, cheers, but having to run it in unvolentary window mode feels a bit so so.

im going to assume that the 24" monitor is supposed to display 1600x1200 right?
ps. h0w1er's solution works. but its a bordered window and a few pixels on the sides of the screen are cut off as a result.
not ideal but it is a solution.
i myself will stick with the ingame resolution i think because i hate seeing the window borders on screen, very distracting.
Post edited February 25, 2009 by custardcream
custardcream: im going to assume that the 24" monitor is supposed to display 1600x1200 right?

No, its 1920x1200 and other games will happily run in 1600x1200 fullscreen.
custardcream: im going to assume that the 24" monitor is supposed to display 1600x1200 right?
jema: No, its 1920x1200 and other games will happily run in 1600x1200 fullscreen.

its not a monitor problem then. its a driver problem, either the graphics drivers (which gfx card and what drivers have you currently got loaded) or the monitor driver.
although i can say that the demo of spellforce is a buggy pos, its unpatched and there have been quite a few patches for spellforce over time.
have you tried running it at a lesser resolution than 1600x1200? say 1280x1024?
custardcream: its not a monitor problem then.

Correct , is a Spellforce problem.
Post edited February 26, 2009 by jema
Did anyone ever figure out whether there's a way to do this? It's kind of naff having to run at 1280x1024 on a 1920x1080 LCD.
Download universal reschanger through WSGF. There's some stretching on Spellforce but it is quite bearable.
Not sure if it works on GOG version but it does on some others...
Post edited April 10, 2010 by chautemoc
Strange... I can't see config.lua and I've set the folder to show hidden files...
chautemoc: Download universal reschanger through WSGF. There's some stretching on Spellforce but it is quite bearable.
Not sure if it works on GOG version but it does on some others...
checked and confirmed
Tanukitsune: Strange... I can't see config.lua and I've set the folder to show hidden files...
For Vista and Win7 look in

C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\SpellForce - Platinum Edition
Tanukitsune: Strange... I can't see config.lua and I've set the folder to show hidden files...
Namur: For Vista and Win7 look in

C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\SpellForce - Platinum Edition
Can someone upload the edited config file? I can't get it to work, yes its window mode, but the screen size stays the same. So can please someone upload a working config file?

Thankx!
Post edited May 04, 2011 by MagicFeather