It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I'm trying to run Spacechem on Ubuntu 18.04 but to no avail. I suspect this is mono-related issue.

Whenever I run mono SpaceChem.exe I get this:

WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
Using default runtime: v4.0.30319
The game experienced an error. A report has been saved:

Running start.sh or launcher.sh does nothing as I get the info that mono is missing (probably due to version incompatibility).

Is there any way to change the default mono either on the system itself or change the default "supported" runtime?

Btw this is 64 bit os.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Sankore88: Hi,

I'm trying to run Spacechem on Ubuntu 18.04 but to no avail. I suspect this is mono-related issue.

Whenever I run mono SpaceChem.exe I get this:

WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
Using default runtime: v4.0.30319
The game experienced an error. A report has been saved:

Running start.sh or launcher.sh does nothing as I get the info that mono is missing (probably due to version incompatibility).

Is there any way to change the default mono either on the system itself or change the default "supported" runtime?

Btw this is 64 bit os.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
1 year later (almost exactly), here I am with the same issue.
Game is totally broken, cannot even run with the mono binary included inside the /game/ directory.

I tried running it with Mono JIT compiler version 6.4.0.198 but no chance either.