It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey everyone:

First off, let me begin by saying I'm primarily a Mac user, and all the games I have downloaded from gog.com (mostly Sierra Games) have worked on my MacBook Pro using WINESKIN to extract the .exe file into a folder with the games' contents, and then importing the folder into BOXER to play the game itself.

After downloading many games from gog.com, most of them have been fully playable with Boxer. There are a few I have had to tweak the game folder's contents before importing them into Boxer. I've searched around for various solutions to each of these games, and will be posting solutions to the ones I had to mess with in order to get them to work properly.

Here is the solution I found to fixing the problem of getting the "Cannot find 999.pal resource." error message in Space Quest 6, thus making the game unplayable:

1. Open the game folder and open the file "RESOURCE.CFG" with a basic text editor like TextEdit.

2. Copy and paste this into the file (or edit the pre-existing text to look like this):

directory = .\
videoDrv = VESA.DRV
soundDrv = ADL.DRV
audioDrv = DACBLAST.DRV
joyDrv = NO
cmd = SQ6DOS
mouseDrv = NONE
memoryDrv = NONE
minMemory = 1600k
brightness= 0
language = 1
minCPU = 386
CD = yes
resMap=.\
resAUD=.\
resSFX=.\
patchDir=.\;.\AVI
robot=.\

3. Save the file (replace the old RESOURCE.CFG file with this new one).

4. Create a new simple text file containing this text:

sierra -o .\resource.cfg
:end

5. Save this file as "SQ6.BAT".

You can now be import the game into Boxer and when prompted, use the SQ6.BAT file to launch the game!
Thanks for the hints!

This is the content of my RESOURCE.CFG, unmodified from the download.
videoDrv = VESA.DRV
soundDrv = ADL.DRV
audioDrv = DACBLAST.DRV
joyDrv = NO
directory = .\
cmd = Sierraw
mouseDrv = NONE
memoryDrv = NONE
minMemory = 1600k
brightness= 0
language = 1
minCPU = 386
CD = no

resMap=.\
resAUD=.\
resSFX=.\
patchDir=.\;.\MOVIES
movieDir=.\MOVIES
robot=.\ROBOTS

The MOVIES and ROBOTS directories exist in my installation. So the only thing I did was to start the game using a batch file with SIERRA -O RESOURCE.CFG and it launches.