It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SPAZ (space pirates and zombies) worked out of the box with no changes on Fedora 23 and 24.

There must be some library conflicts with Fedora 25.
Upon upgrading to 25 SPAZ would throw the following error:

Running Space Pirates And Zombies
Alert: Error Unable to initialize OpenGL. (Error: Failed loading libGL.so.1)
Exiting

This may not be the root cause or the correct fix but I found a workaround here:
I'm not allowed to post the links but for reference....

www.linux. dot org.ru/forum/desktop/12930740

I was able to deduce that their fix was to comment or remove line 18 from spaz gog's start.sh:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$CURRENT_DIR/game:$CURRENT_DIR/lib"

Of course this may mean that you're not using any of the bundled libraries that come with GOG's copy of the game and you'll be using system libraries which may change during any OS update. This may also introduce other bugs but it appears to run fine for me 'for now'.

There's probably a better fix for this. If I come across it I'll add it to the forum.
Post edited December 20, 2016 by sourceofentropy
sourceofentropy: ...
This is a better version:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$CURRENT_DIR/game:$CURRENT_DIR/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

Explaination.
sourceofentropy: ...
Lin545: This is a better version:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$CURRENT_DIR/game:$CURRENT_DIR/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

Explaination.
Thanks.

Not sure whether it's Fedora 25 or GOG's Spaz package that's changed but on a fresh fedora 25 system when I cd into the spaz dir and run ./start I get the following error:

./SPAZ: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Solved by installing the 32 bit version of libstdc++ 6.3.1

But then when running ./start I get:

Alert: Error Unable to initialize SDL. (Error: No available video device)
Exiting

I tried installing and running FTL which is of course another GOG downloaded game that uses SDL and it runs perfectly fine.Could be a different SDL version of course but either way I never encountered this issue before.

A copy of libSDL is included with SPAZ and SDL libs are installed on this system.

Google's not being too helpful yet using the search term
spaz No available video device

I'll have to broaden my search another day since it might be an SDL issue not limited to SPAZ.
sourceofentropy: I'll have to broaden my search another day since it might be an SDL issue not limited to SPAZ.
I don't have the game installed right now, but let me throw a few ideas.

Its probably that new system version libstdc++ broke ABI. I would search for binary of old version and then just throw it to local libraries. Same with SDL libraries if it keeps on.

You know, the classic library ABI breakage in proprietary software. Its highly unprobable that upstream would recompile a new version..