It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There seems to be some version error between the main game and the DLC expansions... First Inner Strength wouldn't download at all, in spite of me owning it on GoG, now, after manually downloading it (and being able to play), the game continues to try to update to version 1.428_Final but fails and says the game is corrupt:

Update failed (E1)
Your local copy of the game is corrupted.
Retry or Uninstall

Retrying just goes into an infinite loop.

The same thing was happening yesterday on version 1.426_Final, so I assume there is a bug amongst the DLC versions and main game version.

The standalone download versions are all only version 1.425_Final, if that is any clue.

Downloading the Inner Strength DLC separately/manually and installing at least allows the game to run, but it will still eventually get into the infinite loop trying to update the game and failing.

Potential fix is to NOT download via Galaxy, just manually, but this is a version issue that needs to get fixed by the developer and GoG as soon as possible. Thank you.
i had this problem, the workaround for me was, quit GoG Galaxy after this error message and re launch GoG Galaxy and finally the update was finished without error.

Now i made the 1.4.28 update and was without problems.
Thank you for the tip, Shaleena, I will reinstall Solasta and try that method! :)

*EDIT* Nice, that method works. It's always turn it off then back on, haha!

Note: For other people who have this issue, I had uninstalled, then reinstalled, and the install 'Failed' at the end, but closing GoG Galaxy and reopening it eventually restarted the install and finished it correctly.
Post edited November 18, 2022 by Kinowek
I spoke too soon. It worked for awhile, but now it's doing it again, even though it supposedly patched successfully yesterday. It tried to update again today, and there is still some version error. Now it is corrupt again, and cannot be started, only an infinite retry loop of patching, or uninstall.
Well, I installed Solasta on another Win10 computer, and it runs fine, and installed without any hiccups.

I uninstalled it on the original computer and reinstalled several times, repeatedly getting the same error. I uninstalled it again, and installed it on a different drive.. and it seems to be working. However after scanning the original drive (SSD) I can find no errors, and every other game installed on the first drive works fine, GoG, Steam, Origin, UPlay, etc.

So I am at a loss, but I have Solasta working on 2 comps, so it's seems to be a minor edge case issue. There was definitely something amiss with the patch right after the latest DLC came out, but I cannot seem to narrow it down and replicate it on another computer. Something was not getting deleted/overwritten correctly, causing it to flag the install as Corrupt, but repairing/reinstalling would not clear out that real or erroneous version bug.

*UPDATE* Now I am having the same issue on the new drive, on the original computer. Some corrupt aspect of the installer is saved somewhere in GOG Galaxy's install chain or something, it has become extremely aggravating. Also the game keeps trying to update (and failing) even though I turned auto updates off, what the hell is that about? It only happens with this game, Solasta. I'm about ready to just delete the game, having it try to update every time I open GoG without being able to turn it off is ridiculous.
Post edited November 24, 2022 by Kinowek
Have you tried making a full redownload of the files with 1.4.28 version? By that, I mean the offline backup installers, not Galaxy. It's a pain in arse, but I find it more reliable than applying those patches.
Grotok2003 -> I guess I will have to, the error seems to be related to GoG Galaxy itself, possibly not the game. It works fine for me on another computer, every other game on the problem computer works, the SSD has no scanned problems, and Solasta even RUNS if I start it outside of Galaxy.

Yet even with auto-updates turned off, Galaxy keeps trying and failing to update Solasta, even with the new patch 1.4.30 .

Extremely annoying, and I can't find whatever temporary file or file list or whatever might be causing the problem in Galaxy's directories.

Whenever they have the updated 1.4.30 version as separate downloads(offline installers) I will just download that, as you suggest, and install it outside of GoG Galaxy.

I almost hope it's some SSD issue on my end at this point, nothing makes sense about this error.
You have my sympathies. I once downloaded patches for Grim Dawn and it reset my achievements. Since that day, I no longer take any risks. I don't want my characters to be broken beyond repair.
Well, the 1.4.30 version is now up on the download page (for offline installation), but I still can't update from 1.4.25 as there is no patch to get from 1.4.25 1.4.26 in the offline installers.

I know I can download the whole thing anew, but that means downloading and installing 22+ GB, as opposed to patching a few hundred MB. Very annoying.
Dodrin: Well, the 1.4.30 version is now up on the download page (for offline installation), but I still can't update from 1.4.25 as there is no patch to get from 1.4.25 1.4.26 in the offline installers.

I know I can download the whole thing anew, but that means downloading and installing 22+ GB, as opposed to patching a few hundred MB. Very annoying.
Yeah, I opened up a support ticket on this as it happens frequently. For example if you had 1.4.28 installed you can't get to 1.4.31 (there is no 1.4.28 -> 1.4.30 patch, the 1.4.26final -> 1.4.30 patch does not include 1.4.28 so won't apply). No answers from GOG at all. I'm probably the only squeaky wheel that opens up 'complaint' tickets like this. If more did perhaps they would address it. It's more of of a lack of due diligence than anything.
Dodrin: Well, the 1.4.30 version is now up on the download page (for offline installation), but I still can't update from 1.4.25 as there is no patch to get from 1.4.25 1.4.26 in the offline installers.

stevecs: Yeah, I opened up a support ticket on this as it happens frequently. For example if you had 1.4.28 installed you can't get to 1.4.31 (there is no 1.4.28 -> 1.4.30 patch, the 1.4.26final -> 1.4.30 patch does not include 1.4.28 so won't apply). No answers from GOG at all. I'm probably the only squeaky wheel that opens up 'complaint' tickets like this. If more did perhaps they would address it. It's more of of a lack of due diligence than anything.
No, I squeaked too, and same thing..nothing beyond acknowledgement of the ticket.

Might be a lesson in this...No more buying games from GoG, that are still going through their patch support life cycle. Wait until it's, at the earliest, practically done..and completely bypass GoG's apparent duh-duh approach to patch chains and customer support.