It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

1. I need to "run" the game twice to start it. First time I double-click the icon, the Windows color scheme changes, but nothing happens. I need to click it again for the game to actually start. After closing the game, the changed scheme remains. I have Win7 Ultimate 64bit.

2. The old cheat codes don't work. Is it a bug or intended?
Post edited December 29, 2019 by konrad509
I'm running it on Win10 and never had issues so I probably cannot help you with number 1.

Which cheat isn't working for you? As far as I can tell all are working on my game.
Turned out they're actually working, except for at least one (I've only checked few of them) - call cousin vinnie.

Also, I checked the task manager, and it turned out that I indeed run the game twice - there are two SC3U.exe processes running. I have no idea why it's like that...
konrad509: Turned out they're actually working, except for at least one (I've only checked few of them) - call cousin vinnie.
Check the advisors and petitioners window (opened by the 'Meet' button)
That's the problem. It doesn't show up there.

EDIT:
Nvm, it worked finally. Maybe I was trying to use it too early?
Post edited January 01, 2020 by konrad509
konrad509: That's the problem. It doesn't show up there.

EDIT:
Nvm, it worked finally. Maybe I was trying to use it too early?
I know it works even if you use it before unpausing the first time, so it's not that
Post edited January 05, 2020 by Links
Use my guide to get the game running using DxWnd.
DxWnd has a built-in framerate limiter that will mostly fix the main problem. And if you want you can follow the extra steps to make the UI/fonts look bigger on the screen.

https://www.gog.com/forum/simcity_series/fixed_these_problems_using_dxwnd_map_scrolling_speed_high_cpu_usage_small_textui/page1