It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,
Just bought SimCity 3000 Unlimited, and in Preferences highest resolution I can set it is 1280x1024. I searched on Google, and found a way to make 16:9 resolutions available up to 2560x1440, but it is with HEX EDITOR altering game executable. Maybe there is easier way to make 16:9 resolutions available? Without editing the exe file? Maybe GOG version of the game has some configuration files which I can edit?

I have 4K UHD screen so 3840x2160 resolution would be sweet :) but I think the items on screen will be very tiny and hard to see, so 2560x1440 would be cool :)

Anyone had any experience with changing resolutions to 16:9 in SC3000?
This question / problem has been solved by Matewisimage
Yes, it is possible through hex editing but it is unstable with certain resolutions (meaning - crashes outright) which is why it wasn't included by default in our version.
Is there other way without hex editing? Or hex editing is the only possible way?
high rated
adomas187: Is there other way without hex editing? Or hex editing is the only possible way?
This worked for me to get 1280x768 and 1920x1080:
http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-SimCity-3000-Resolution-Patcher
A discovery courtesy of TinyE
Attachments:
capture.jpg (94 Kb)
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Matewis
Thiev: Yes, it is possible through hex editing but it is unstable with certain resolutions (meaning - crashes outright) which is why it wasn't included by default in our version.
What resolutions doesn't it like?
Crosmando: What resolutions doesn't it like?
1360x768 / 1366x768 for example
adomas187: Is there other way without hex editing? Or hex editing is the only possible way?
Matewis: This worked for me to get 1280x768 and 1920x1080:
http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-SimCity-3000-Resolution-Patcher
A discovery courtesy of TinyE
Worked very well! Thank you a lot! Game plays in 4K UHD (3840x2160) without any glitches. Did not had any instability, the game did not crash yet. Thanks!
I still can't run the game. As soon as I launch it, it crashes back to desktop.
Works great in 720p for me, so I will leave it at that.
Post edited July 15, 2016 by keeveek
Thanks for teh patch link! Not tried yet, but for others who will, apparently GOGie users don't need a no-CD patch to get it all working (as it's mentioned for teh Unlimited edition, in teh linky).
Sadly, patch says: SImcity 3000 not found :( !
Abelf: Sadly, patch says: SImcity 3000 not found :( !
You shouldn't run the patch. You have to click and drag SimCity 3000 Unlimited/Apps/SC3U.exe onto sc3k-patcher.exe. That is, as if sc3k-patcher.exe is a folder and you want to move SC3U.exe into it. The patcher sc3k-patcher.exe also doesn't have to be in the same folder as SC3U.exe. Just drag SC3U.exe directly onto sc3k-patcher.exe wherever you unzipped it, and make sure your desktop resolution is set to what you want the patcher to add to the game.
Thanks @Matewis, the patched worked! Unfortunately, the screen, while without black borders is off and I can only see the top left part of it. So, back to 800x600.
Abelf: Thanks @Matewis, the patched worked! Unfortunately, the screen, while without black borders is off and I can only see the top left part of it. So, back to 800x600.
What resolution did you change it too though? If it's not divisible by 8 it might give you problems
Abelf: Thanks @Matewis, the patched worked! Unfortunately, the screen, while without black borders is off and I can only see the top left part of it. So, back to 800x600.
Matewis: What resolution did you change it too though? If it's not divisible by 8 it might give you problems
Changed it to 1920X1080!