It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tempted by the offer on SImcity 2000 but a lot of the reviews indicate it is the DOS version.

Is this still the case? Reviews are pretty old, so I'm not sure whether or not is has been updated since they were written
Post edited November 26, 2017 by krickeck
krickeck: Tempted by the offer on SImcity 2000 but a lot of the reviews indicate it is the DOS version.

Is this still the case? Reviews are pretty old, so I'm not sure whether or not is has been updated since they were written
It's the MS-DOS version, DOS extender and all.
krickeck: Tempted by the offer on SImcity 2000 but a lot of the reviews indicate it is the DOS version.

The dos version is still better then the Ps1 version of the game, cuz that was way to clunky!!!
Ofc WIN version is better. And even console post.
So yes, for GOG it always the case for most old DOS games. And DosBox releases actually better than ScummVM GOG releases, when GOG did it a little bit wrong.

There is some 3rd party sites about GOG API Db like steamdb .info about SteamCDR
Main current is http://www.gogdb.org/
and outdated archives of some others.

Sometimes there is no WIN version mentioned - but it exist in game folder. It is not for subj game, but here the exaplme - X-com 2 TftD - you can see it by files list on that GOGdb site.

In some case you have CD-image. Sometimes it renamed cue+bin -> cue+gog or dat+gog. It is still cue+bin.

Some gams still present only in DOS variant - all ScummVM GOG builds releases. Or Theme Hospital. No cd, no win exe. Heroes 1 - full DOS+WIN but no win exe. Heroes 2 instead of put just win exe (like in X-com 2) - separate windows build installer.

GOG just cant bring normal DOS release to us for most DOS+WIN and some DOS only old games.
Post edited November 25, 2021 by QWEEDDYZ