It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have updated the python script made by Tetration and converted it into a small application to make it much easier to use. It no longer requires Python 2 - just extract the files to the same location as "SC3U.exe" and run "SC3K HD Patch.exe" to enjoy the game in modern resolutions. All credit to Tetration for the actual workings of the script.

Download
Post edited October 16, 2021 by DOWL
DOWL: I have updated the python script made by Tetration and converted it into a small application to make it much easier to use. It no longer requires Python 2 - just extract the files to the same location as "SC3U.exe" and run "SC3K HD Patch.exe" to enjoy the game in modern resolutions. All credit to Tetration for the actual workings of the script.

Download
This somehow doesn't work for me. Any advice?
msmenor86: This somehow doesn't work for me. Any advice?
Is it in SimCity 3000 Unlimited\Apps? Have you tried running it as admin?

What exactly is the issue, does it run but not list higher resolutions in the settings, or does it crash?

EDIT: I've tried it and I'm getting a module not foun error, is this the same issue you're having?

EDIT2: Try this new version
Attachments:
error.jpg (32 Kb)
Post edited July 03, 2019 by DOWL
msmenor86: This somehow doesn't work for me. Any advice?
DOWL: Is it in SimCity 3000 Unlimited\Apps? Have you tried running it as admin?

What exactly is the issue, does it run but not list higher resolutions in the settings, or does it crash?

EDIT: I've tried it and I'm getting a module not foun error, is this the same issue you're having?

EDIT2: Try this new version
Sorry for late reply.

I downloaded the new version. After I unzip the SCU3_HD_patch file doesn't do anything. I did notice I now have a "SC3U1" exe file which starts the game, but I only see a black screen. I can see just the right side of the intro but once the menu starts the screen is black.
msmenor86: I downloaded the new version. After I unzip the SCU3_HD_patch file doesn't do anything. I did notice I now have a "SC3U1" exe file which starts the game, but I only see a black screen. I can see just the right side of the intro but once the menu starts the screen is black.
You need to run SC3U.exe not SC3U1.exe

SC3U1.exe is a copy of the original .exe
Or simply use my guide to get the game running using DxWnd.
DxWnd has a built-in framerate limiter that will mostly fix the main problem. And if you want you can follow the extra steps to make the UI/fonts look bigger on the screen.

https://www.gog.com/forum/simcity_series/fixed_these_problems_using_dxwnd_map_scrolling_speed_high_cpu_usage_small_textui/page1
Sort of pointless unless you have a large monitor, it isnt like the artwork was made for higher resolutions regardless of this.

Maybe if some re-drawed all the sprites, then it would be worth it.
Post edited August 21, 2021 by desktop.592
Yes that would be great to have a remaster that just makes the sprites bigger. I don't think it'll ever happen but we can hope.