It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everyone. I want to buy the game but I have a question.
I see in GOG store that it's Simcity Unlimited edition (aka World edition outside US) and in the game description the following is shown:

"Languages : Text only: Deutsch, English, français, italiano, nederlands, svenska".

In the original version (and in the World edition too) Spanish was one of the languages available but I'm not so sure about this one.
I want to ask you if Spanish language (my native language) is available or not. Thanks in advance. Sorry for my bad English.

Greetings!
This question / problem has been solved by eluancmimage
The same happens with Portuguese.

SC3k was released here in Brazil fully translated and localized directly by EA. So, it seemed to me this game wouldn't have a translation rights issue, like many other PC classics whose localization were done by Brasoft, a defunct Brazilian PC games distributor in early 90s.
GOG doesn't even have some Polish localizations made by their owners at CD Projekt, so it comes to no surprise.
I bought it some days ago. Spanish and Portuguese languages are not available. What a deception, why GOG (or EA) had to delete the languages that in the original release were available?
At least I hope this post can help someone..
Either it was a pure oversight, or some localizations were done by separate companies (again, like CD Projekt did for Polish versions of many games).
WikIRafa: The same happens with Portuguese.

SC3k was released here in Brazil fully translated and localized directly by EA. So, it seemed to me this game wouldn't have a translation rights issue, like many other PC classics whose localization were done by Brasoft, a defunct Brazilian PC games distributor in early 90s.
Finally I can solve this problem. I found a ISO of Simcity WE and extract the language files and it works.
If anybody have this problem. Download the Simcity 3000 WE and go to \APPS\RES (inside disk).
Then copy SSIMDATA and TEXT folders and paste into SimCity 3000 Unlimited\Apps\Res (this one is the game's folder).
Finally, enter in both folders and rename the two folders named SPANISH (in my case, you can do it with Portuguese) by ENGLISH (you can rename existing ENGLISH folder or simple delete, if you doubt better backup).
Done, you can play now with your language. I hope this can help somebody else.
If you can't find the game, I uploaded those folders and you can download from here https://ufile.io/e5425
(SHA : 616c0c76e86fe1e94f00ec3d4bc401ac3fc9179f). Please note that link will expire in 30 days. If link is dead I can upload again.

Greetings!
NahuelFF92: If you can't find the game, I uploaded those folders and you can download from here https://ufile.io/e5425
(SHA : 616c0c76e86fe1e94f00ec3d4bc401ac3fc9179f). Please note that link will expire in 30 days. If link is dead I can upload again.

Greetings!
Hello! Can you please re-upload this file? The only translation I can find on the internet are .exe and I don't trust unknown executables. Thank you for taking your time to find this!
NahuelFF92: If you can't find the game, I uploaded those folders and you can download from here https://ufile.io/e5425

Greetings!
eluancm: Hello! Can you please re-upload this file? The only translation I can find on the internet are .exe and I don't trust unknown executables. Thank you for taking your time to find this!
Hello. Sorry for taking me so long to come up here. This is a new link to the resources folder:

https://ufile.io/fukmk

SHA-1: 56e6bb5068e0cd59ccf39da0cd7f6a976abd8bc6

Again, the link will expire in 30 days (I really need to find a better file hosting service).
Regards!
NahuelFF92: Hello. Sorry for taking me so long to come up here. This is a new link to the resources folder:

Again, the link will expire in 30 days (I really need to find a better file hosting service).
Regards!
It's okay, I missed the notification too. Thank you very much!
I've put the files in my server, I hope they do not get me in trouble because of copyright. If not, they should be available indefinitely.

Files
Instructions
NahuelFF92: Hello. Sorry for taking me so long to come up here. This is a new link to the resources folder:

Regards!
eluancm: It's okay, I missed the notification too. Thank you very much!
I've put the files in my server, I hope they do not get me in trouble because of copyright. If not, they should be available indefinitely.

Files
Instructions
Thank you very much, with your server most people can get those files.
Greetings!
Guys I´ve just made a python scirpt that makes it easier to switch between languages after you´ve already installed your Simcity 3000/Simcity 3000 Unlimited. It works on both Windows and Linux version of this game. In order to use it all you have to do is install Simcity 3000 with English as the default language and then have python 2.7 installed on your computer and download my python script and then place it in your Simcity 3000 Res folder.

Now Windows users might be wondering why would they use my script instead of using the one provided by GOG to change the language? Well for the simple fact that it provides some additional language translations that the one provided by GOG wont provide such as:

-Portuguese Brazilian
-Polish
-Russian
-Spanish

Download it here

https://github.com/tetration/Simcity3000_Language_Selector]
Github Project page[/url]
Plokite_Wolf: GOG doesn't even have some Polish localizations made by their owners at CD Projekt, so it comes to no surprise.
If you use my python script language setup for Simcity 3000 Unlimited you will be able to play the game in Polish

Edit: Instructions on how to install and use it can be found inside the readme file or the project´s page
Post edited February 01, 2018 by ToasterBox
I come from Thailand.
We have this problem too.
No have THAI language in new release Simcity 3000.

If you have THAI language file.
Please please. I will re upload for makes simcity 3000 perfect in language pack.

-Portuguese Brazilian
-Polish
-Russian
-Spanish
- and THAI

Thank you. please.
For simcity 3000 perfect in language pack.
All of Thai hope is you.
pangloy: I come from Thailand.
We have this problem too.
No have THAI language in new release Simcity 3000.

If you have THAI language file.
Please please. I will re upload for makes simcity 3000 perfect in language pack.

-Portuguese Brazilian
-Polish
-Russian
-Spanish
- and THAI

Thank you. please.
For simcity 3000 perfect in language pack.
All of Thai hope is you.
It's been a while since I logged in here. So, sorry for taking so long to reply. But if you can send me the files of the THAI translation I could update my python script to also have Thai. I'm not sure if I will break any rules by adding an email address in here. So I ask you please check my github account . If you can send me the Thailand translation I would really appreciate. My goal is to get all the translations for simcity3000 in one place.

Regards!
eluancm: It's okay, I missed the notification too. Thank you very much!

Files
Instructions
Hello can you pass me the files of the simcity3000 please :) that link is R.I.P and i cant find where download world edition
Post edited January 01, 2023 by leidenalpha
WikIRafa: The same happens with Portuguese.

NahuelFF92: Finally I can solve this problem. I found a ISO of Simcity WE and extract the language files and it works.
If anybody have this problem. Download the Simcity 3000 WE and go to \APPS\RES (inside disk).
Then copy SSIMDATA and TEXT folders and paste into SimCity 3000 Unlimited\Apps\Res (this one is the game's folder).
Finally, enter in both folders and rename the two folders named SPANISH (in my case, you can do it with Portuguese) by ENGLISH (you can rename existing ENGLISH folder or simple delete, if you doubt better backup).
Done, you can play now with your language. I hope this can help somebody else.
If you can't find the game, I uploaded those folders and you can download from here https://ufile.io/e5425

Greetings!
Hello friend can you please send me those files, its rally hard to find