It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I found a patch for the windows version of Simcity 2000 here:
[url=]http://aldude999.deviantart.com/art/SimCity-2000-Installer-For-Windows-7-and-Windows-8-340845297[/url]
The GOG version unfortunately doesn't have the windows executable, but I can confirm that this patch works. Copy the SC2K folder from x:\WIN95 (x being the drive with the Simcity CD) to the same directory the patch is extracted to. Run the patch and be sure to check the box that says Windows 7 save/load patch (assuming you're on windows 7 or 8). I'm on windows 8.1 64-bit and it works well.
Thanks for the link, osterac. What does the patch actually do?
It fixes a problem where the game would crash every time the open or save dialog boxes try to appear. It also is a (somewhat broken) installer for 64-bit versions of Windows.
If the GOG guys can get a similar fix ready, then we can finally have the windows version, because playing the DOS version is always bugging me, even if I do play it everyday.
Works great here running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Also mentions support for the SimCity Urban Renewal Kit (SCURK) which I only assume works too. Make sure to check the box "Windows 7 save/load Patch". It is for sure needed.
telly01: Works great here running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Also mentions support for the SimCity Urban Renewal Kit (SCURK) which I only assume works too. Make sure to check the box "Windows 7 save/load Patch". It is for sure needed.
Did that and it still crashes on Save/Load
telly01: Works great here running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Also mentions support for the SimCity Urban Renewal Kit (SCURK) which I only assume works too. Make sure to check the box "Windows 7 save/load Patch". It is for sure needed.
lordfirefox: Did that and it still crashes on Save/Load
There are 2 files you need. First is a new 32bit installer (setup32.exe) to install and then the SimCity 2000 compatibility patch that fixes the issue with saving and loading. Check this page out, it has the instructions and links to the files you need.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/SimCity_2000
@lostnorn - that link worked great for me with the installer and patch. Cheers!