It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Collection of Mods and tricks for Simcity 3000 Unlimited and Simcity 3000

Guys I made a small website with scripts and mods I made it to make it easier to mod and run Simcity 3000 in Modern Computers and even make the old linux version work in modern Linux distributions.

All the mods and tricks in the website works with both the Linux and Windows Edition of the game

If anyone wanna take a look at it: Link here
Post edited July 18, 2017 by ToasterBox
Sounds good!
The website looks nice so far! :D
Blinkin89: Sounds good!
The website looks nice so far! :D
Thanks Its still in its early stages. I do plan to add more stuff and content to it about Simcity 3000 Whenever I get a break from College and my job.
It would be incredible to have mods that go deep into the game engine. I would really pay hard for getting two things:

- more buildings (more realistic and more varietey, for example european, american and asian buildings in one map)
- bigger maps - that would be incredible! Especially because now computers are much faster than 15 years ago :)
flipsundso: It would be incredible to have mods that go deep into the game engine. I would really pay hard for getting two things:

- more buildings (more realistic and more varietey, for example european, american and asian buildings in one map)
- bigger maps - that would be incredible! Especially because now computers are much faster than 15 years ago :)
I think this is all possible. However I will probably need more time to dig deep into the game files and hexadecimal values. My college break is in about 2 months. Whenever I´m free from my college commitments I will have full time to dedicate into modding Simcity 3000 more. I will see What I can do about bringing your requests and many more stuff I have been working in the last months for Simcity 3000. Keep checking this post.
I´m still working on mods that allow major overhauls of the game´s engine. For now the only news I have for your guys is that I recently made a python patch that allows your guys to run the game in HD resolutions.

By using this python script to patch your exe file you will be able to run the game up to 4k resolutions. However some resolutions are highly unstable and might crash your game. For example any resolution that is not divisible by 8, such as 1600x900 will crash your game.
Thanks for your work!

Looking forward to new developments.

I've played SC4 a lot more, but I keep coming back to Simcity 3000. :)
levictus: Thanks for your work!

Looking forward to new developments.

I've played SC4 a lot more, but I keep coming back to Simcity 3000. :)
Thanks for the encouragement levictus! I like simcity 4 as well. However I dont know why but Simcity 3000 holds a special place in my heart I´ve been playing it almost everyday for the last 10 years. Maybe it is its simplicity or maybe it is simcity 3000´s graphics that has a 90s vibes which gives me some nostalgia from my childhood. Even if Simcity 4 is superior in several terms Simcity 3000 is more stable and I just love its simplicty and style. SCU3 will always be my favorite!
Hi guys I´ve more news!

I´ve just made a python scirpt that makes it easier to switch between languages after you´ve already installed your Simcity 3000/Simcity 3000 Unlimited. It works on both Windows and Linux version of this game. In order to use it all you have to do is install Simcity 3000 with English as the default language and then have python 2.7 installed on your computer and download my python script and then place it in your Simcity 3000 Res folder.

Now Windows users might be wondering why would they use my script instead of using the one provided by GOG to change the language? Well for the simple fact that it provides some additional language translations that the one provided by GOG wont provide such as:

-Portuguese Brazilian
-Polish
-Russian
-Spanish
Download it here

Project page

Edit: Instructions on how to install and use it can be found inside the readme file or the project´s page
Post edited February 01, 2018 by ToasterBox
What do these mods actually do in the game like I get the widescreen one but no other list of features?
ToasterBox: Collection of Mods and tricks for Simcity 3000 Unlimited and Simcity 3000

Guys I made a small website with scripts and mods I made it to make it easier to mod and run Simcity 3000 in Modern Computers and even make the old linux version work in modern Linux distributions.

All the mods and tricks in the website works with both the Linux and Windows Edition of the game

If anyone wanna take a look at it: Link here
Actually, the author is responsible is a simcity 3000 addon burns someones house down. A person/organisation CANNOT waive negligence. a simcity 3000 unlimited mod has absolutely no business burning a house down or even so much as messing up someone's computer. If somethign so simple as a simcity 3000 mod breaks a persons computer, the author can be charged with malware distribution.
thats like promising someone a mystery drink will improve your sleep and then saying drink at your own risk the maker of the drink wont be held accountable if u die. u promised it would help them sleep. it didnt and it killed them. you cant wipe your hands clean with some worthless words on a website that any brain dead lawyer would laugh at so hard he would be gagging on his own laughter.
BESIDES, nobody clicked an "I ACCEPT THESE TERMS" button. what if someone dont read english? so many issues with ur website i dont even know where to start from a legal perspective.
Post edited June 24, 2023 by Bubsy1412