It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, new-ish to Gog, loved playing simcity 3,000 back in the day, but would like a litle help in getting it to run on my current laptop.

Problem:
On any compatibility settings other than Win95, the game does not fuction, at all. It'll flicker on for a second with a momentary black screen and then sit idle in my icon tray until I turn it off in task manager.

ON Win95, compatability settings it miiight display in windowed mode with a horribly discoloured, pixelated mess if Run as Administrator is turned on. The different objects with in the picture is still distinguishable but colour wise it is all over the place.

It also automotically comes with disable High DPI settings and run in reduced 16 bit colour mode.

My laptop is a:
Windows 8.1

Comes with:
An Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-42100 @ 1.7 GHz - 4 CPUs
An Intel(R) HD Graphics family
and Realtek HD Audio.

Would looove to get it working if possible. Thanks in advance.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Use a program called DxWnd, I've been using it to make old games work in modern hardware, it includes framerate-limit and many more features. I am making a guide on it soon... Just be sure to enable "Expert Mode" on the menu and you're set to go.