It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just for discussing this patch improvements,findings and updates.

DOWNLOAD LINK @ PCGW

GOG compatible settings:

[Log]
# Enable to print debug info from Silent_Hill_4_PC_Fix.dll to a console
LogToConsole = 0

[GameWindow]
# Set resolution width
ScreenWidth = 1920

# Set resolution height
ScreenHeight = 1080

[SilentHill4]
#Use HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
RedirectRegFunctions = 1

# Patch FOV
PatchFOVAndEnableControl = 0

# Vertical FOV value, leave at 0 to use automatic detection. Default is 0.78
VerFOV = 0

# Horizontal FOV value, leave at 0 to use automatic detection. Default is 1.0
HorFOV = 0

# Increase the resolution of background screens
IncreaseBackgroundResolution = 1

# The map will zoom in correctly to your aspect ratio
FixMapZoom = 1

# Disable system check
DisableSystemCheck = 1

# Disable Safe mode
DisableSafeMode = 1

# Disable cutscene borders
DisableCutsceneBorders = 1

# Fix the FPS in cutscenes
FPSFix = 1

# Modify the blur effect, leaving these at 0 is recommended
# Default is -3.0
Blur1 = 0

# Default is -2.0
Blur2 = 0

# Default is -4.0
Blur3 = 0

# Default is -6.0
Blur4 = 0

# Set the sensitivity, hotkeys are page up and page down (The value set here is used at start)
# Default is 0.06666667
Sensitivity = 0.06666667

# Hotkeys to invert X axis is F3 and Y axis is F4

EDIT:

# Increase the resolution of background screens
IncreaseBackgroundResolution = 1

Having this option enabled will make your pause menu to focus on a squared section of the screen, by disabling this option (with a 0) the pause menu issue will be fixed.

I'm not finding a workaround for menus not to be stretched and to mantain the 4:3 AR, considering the game uses both dxcfg.exe and the internal graphics option it MAY be solved by playing with those values.
Post edited November 05, 2020 by CYRU5
I have everything disabled except the blur effect modification. Resolution is set to my default monitor one and fov has been set to the default values mentioned in the config file. Stuff like the fps in cutscenes fix is not needed as the game has a fix for that already included.
Hi Cyrus,

Unfortunately,there is no way to keep the aspect ratio in widescreen resolutions.I contacted GoG support and they can't seem to do anything about it, Konami is the one who has to fix it.

In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to add an option to correct the UI/ HUD width in widescreen by using the pillarbox technique.

It seeems to me that GoG could fix it but for any reason they do not want to make the effort.
Pyromancer138: Hi Cyrus,

Unfortunately,there is no way to keep the aspect ratio in widescreen resolutions.I contacted GoG support and they can't seem to do anything about it, Konami is the one who has to fix it.

In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to add an option to correct the UI/ HUD width in widescreen by using the pillarbox technique.

It seeems to me that GoG could fix it but for any reason they do not want to make the effort.
Yeah, maybe but iirc this letterbox UI fix worked for the Retail version of the game
Pyromancer138: Hi Cyrus,

CYRU5: Yeah, maybe but iirc this letterbox UI fix worked for the Retail version of the game
Get the unofficial patch created by ThirteenAG and then download a crack no CD to overwrite the original exe file. I know that it is not the most sophisticated solution but it works.